BANGKOK 19 April 2019 03:59
ghworker2010

Tyre shop topped up rear tires to 45 and front to 35

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

Welcome. Also, why not post a pic of the tyre pressure sticker that is by the door jam. Once other posters have seen what the manufacturer recommended pressures are, they can better advise a good operating pressure for you.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Those tyre pressures aint far off - esp when carrying a load.  Don't, like many, expect a pick up truck to handle like its on rails - it won't.  A pick up is designed to carry goods and as such has fairly rigid/basic  suspension esp the rear and in standard form, run on very high profile tyres.  Pick ups are also relatively high compared to a car.  Remember your driving what is in essence, a goods vehicle and you'll be fine.

Depending on where you live though, a pick up is a good choice for Thai roads - they ride the potholes much better 😀

Guessing the pictures have to do with shocks..... bad shocks will

make handling difficult.

Had a 49 Chevy once paid $300 in 1975 great truck ran and ran and ran 6 cylinder 

I know I’ll ignore my manual and the printed pressures required stapled in my car and ask ThaIVisa forum 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My father did not give me much advice. But one thing he told me was buy the best tires possible for your vehicle. They are the foundation of your vehicle and in reality could prevent an accident or even safe your life.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, transam said:

Vigo's have many sizes of tyres, my 4x4 had 29 PSI all round loaded or unloaded...Other small tyre Vigo's had waaaaay higher pressures.....The door jam tells all for your ride..

Door jam? Did you close it on your foot accidentally?

11 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Is this really a thread about someone putting too much air in your tyres?

Yes it is. A slow day on TV.

13 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Where I have lunch sometimes is opposite a B Quik and it’s a constant stream of cars waiting to top up their tyre pressure, some pick ups but mainly cars, it’s like a drive thru , most don’t get out of their vehicles !!

They definitely don’t adjust the pressure for different vehicles, it’s whatever the compressor delivers .

Folk who go in for a top up are probably not getting the correct pressure anyhooo because the tyre and inside air is hot and PSI will have increased and the advised PSI is for cold tyres..

My Vigo PSI was 29/30, if I called in on route 35 would be OK but check them myself the next morning cold, if I had a new tyre or puncture repair I would insist on 29/30..

• Like 1

Here is the Vigo advised cold tyre PSI page from their handbook, yes it can be confusing but just shows the huge difference between different models and tyre sizes regarding PSI..

Scan.jpg.cd70b600564cc285fdc729770bb7757d.jpg

Apologies if this slightly strays from the topic but given that knowledgeable guys are on this thread I wanted to ask about ‘chipping ' my Isuzu pickup as it’s 4 years old and out of warranty. 2015      3 litre manual 4 door. I understand the process can deliver better economy and power . If anyone can guide me ,or indeed has kit that they now want to sell , I’m all ears.

I did learn from this thread about the different suspension between 2 and 4 door ,subsequently checking my 4 door to notice there are just 2 leafs in the spring and Bridgestone tyres - so thanks for that! 

From my perspective I can say the ride is reasonable other than on patchy surfaces but guess a live axle and leaf springs will always be inferior to a car's setup.

3 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

The key word is usually

2_Walmley-Road-crash-1.jpg.6a48befc96e043505181f2e057abb603.jpg

I see.  You usually drive along on your tyres, but sometimes you take it for a scrape on the roof.

Apologies if this slightly strays from the topic but given that knowledgeable guys are on this thread I wanted to ask about ‘chipping ' my Isuzu pickup as it’s 4 years old and out of warranty. 2015      3 litre manual 4 door. I understand the process can deliver better economy and power . If anyone can guide me ,or indeed has kit that they now want to sell , I’m all ears.
I did learn from this thread about the different suspension between 2 and 4 door ,subsequently checking my 4 door to notice there are just 2 leafs in the spring and Bridgestone tyres - so thanks for that! 
From my perspective I can say the ride is reasonable other than on patchy surfaces but guess a live axle and leaf springs will always be inferior to a car's setup.

Car manufacturers are in constant competition to make cars that deliver better economy and power to increase sales. If by simply “chipping” the ecu this can be achieved, I wonder why their engineers whom are no less brainier, don’t do this already in the first instant.
There must obviously be some long term adverse effects.

59 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Car manufacturers are in constant competition to make cars that deliver better economy and power to increase sales. If by simply “chipping” the ecu this can be achieved, I wonder why their engineers whom are no less brainier, don’t do this already in the first instant.
There must obviously be some long term adverse effects.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/59931/engine-remapping-and-car-chipping-does-it-work