Video: Granny gets impaled on railings after balcony fall at Bangkok estate

rooster59

Video: Granny gets impaled on railings after balcony fall at Bangkok estate

granny.JPG

Image: Daily News

A 66 year old woman fell from the second floor of a Bangkok house and was impaled on railings.

Benja Khamkha from Nakorn Sri Thammarat was doing some cleaning at the house in Garden City, Sukhumvit Road Soi 56.

Ruam Katanyu foundation staff managed to cut the railings and give her first aid before she was rushed to Kluay Nam Thai hospital. 

The railings had pierced her chest and arm. 

Still pictures and a video showed the aftermath of her fall. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-18

grann2.JPG

granny3.JPG

granny4.JPG

2 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Incredible amount of yelling and shouting in a traumatic situation. Quite typical though.

That looked painful, like you say a lot of shouting to raise her anxiety level a bit more, just needed a whistle & we would have had the whole orchestra !

10 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Incredible amount of yelling and shouting in a traumatic situation. Quite typical though.

Jeez, is that all you have got to say?  That was a difficult place to extract her from and if you can understand what they are saying there are not just yelling and shouting, they were coordinating in difficult circumstances - lots of volunteers.  But easy for you to look down on things - you would have rescued her silently, no doubt.

Well done rescuers.  Shame on you for a pathetic comment.

2 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Grandmother/cleaner falls from balcony.

Did she slip or was she pushed?

TV Sherlock's will investigate. ????

I hope she gets well soon and can give us the answer.

Didn't you read the opening post? She was doing some cleaning. 

12 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Jeez, is that all you have got to say?  That was a difficult place to extract her from and if you can understand what they are saying there are not just yelling and shouting, they were coordinating in difficult circumstances - lots of volunteers.  But easy for you to look down on things - you would have rescued her silently, no doubt.

Well done rescuers.  Shame on you for a pathetic comment.

Thank you for your well written comment. I stand, head hung, duly admonished. 

• 2 weeks later...

Even as a schoolboy I often wondered why those fence metals rods had to be sharp spear like design. I remembered asking the priest of my Roman Catholic School and he said, "When the devils tried to come down from above these spears will prick their bottoms so they keep away from them".

As a boy I was thinking so it's the devil again? My IQ went down a few numbers after I listened to the explanation by the priest. ( has remained low ever since )。

Could it be the devil or demon that pushed the granny down to prepare for a BBQ? I am not making fun of her suffering. But think carefully why do they make such horrible fence with sharp spears sticking up ready for you to fall on them.  I don't hear robbers or thieves fall on them . Only granny and dogs. The last time was a dog, remember? They should change the design, make it demon friendly and everybody will be better for it. Don't tell me it deters robbers and thieves. They are smart ass they don't fall they are professionals, good in their job.

• 1 month later...

Archived