Hotel man faces years in jail for shooting stray dog that bit tourists

rooster59

4 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

2 years in prison for shooting a mad soi dog, while traffic maniacs get away with some simple lies. It's so irrational it has to be something religious. Next thing the dogs are protected by the defamation laws.

The charges are in respect to possessing an illegal firearm  and in discharging the weapon in a public place  endangering lives.

Apparently, you deem it acceptable for  people to illegally own and use firearms. Do you really want rational people to accept that this man should  be in possession of a firearm? His act was wanton and willful.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Where are the laws which protect humans from dogs?

And where are the laws which make dog owners responsible for their dogs? And they should also be responsible for the dogs if they throw them out on the street because they are not cute anymore.

Nobody should be cruel to animals. But when animals become a risk to humans something has to be done to stop them.

Rabies in communities locations such as Hua Hin are the result of  people bringing in  infected animals. Hua Hin is  historically rabies free. There is no local reservoir of infection to support the type of rabies infection reported. Rather, what we have are animals abandoned or tossed from puppy mills or who escape animal traffickers.

stop the illegal activities and one of the principal causative factors allowing the spread of the disease are addressed.

13 hours ago, Riggpig said:

Shoot all the stray dogs....to much of them roaming around.

Wonderful illustration of limited intellect and ignorance. How many times do you need to be told that the cause of the    stray dogs is the refusal to  spay and neuter, to undertake responsible  animal  management and to stop the puppy mills. Every day, some idiot tosses animals out a car window and abandons them.

13 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Wasn't too long ago a dog with rabies was running around  Hua Hin biting  numerous people when it died in the street foaming at the mouth. They should be giving this guy a medal. 

Intentionally misleading information. One dog died in quarantine. It did not die in the street foaming at the mouth. Why do you lie? All rabies cases are logged and recorded in the public health registry. Following the event  20+ dogs  alleged to have been infected were verified. They were killed and tested and no sign of infection recorded. 

8 hours ago, Poopyface said:

The guy was doing a public service and should be rewarded not punished.

How is it a public service to discharge an illegal firearm in a public space?

6 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

The charges are in respect to possessing an illegal firearm  and in discharging the weapon in a public place  endangering lives.

Apparently, you deem it acceptable for  people to illegally own and use firearms. Do you really want rational people to accept that this man should  be in possession of a firearm? His act was wanton and willful.

If he used a "legal tool" like a spade or whatever, fine with me. I've been attacked and bitten by mad stray dogs once, i can tell you it wasn't a nice experience. Next time, it might be your turn.

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

If he used a "legal tool" like a spade or whatever, fine with me. I've been attacked and bitten by mad stray dogs once, i can tell you it wasn't a nice experience. Next time, it might be your turn.

I never had a problem in my time, i live here for over a decade. I think it depends on you, what your doing and where you are. I have no such problems in my area.

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

I never had a problem in my time, i live here for over a decade. I think it depends on you, what your doing and where you are. I have no such problems in my area.

That's what i thought until i got attacked. Sure, it depends on where you are and you can avoid them, that's what i'm doing now days.

There is nothing morally or ethically wrong with putting a bad dog down. And it is the responsibility of the communities to be culling these dogs anyway. There are far too many soi dogs, they are not being taken care of, thousands are diseased and mangy, they terrorize alot of locals, have no business being in areas where businesses are operating, and should not be allowed to roam around near hotels. Take them out. Do what has to be done. The law here is beyond broken. The judicial system is broken. When rapists get a year in jail, and guys who beats the crap out of their wives get no punishment, yet a guy who is saving people from being terrorized gets two years in jail, judges nationwide need to hang their heads in shame. 

9 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

While he has been charged with firearms offences, the specific mention of a penalty of two years in prison that you are replying to, is in regard to the animal cruelty charges.

From the original article:

He also faces animal cruelty charges that carry a prison sentence of 2 years or a fine of 40,000 baht or both.

There is no mention of the penalties for firearms offences.

However I should perhaps mention that the two years is a potential maximum sentence and not necessarily what he would receive even if found guilty.

15 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's what I thought - you're talking about something that happened way back in 2017. I'd hardly call that an incident that "wasn't too long ago." I was expecting something from the last couple of weeks (or at the most, months).

Just give us your address Mr. doglover, so the next time (which is daily in Thailand!) we can arrange the dogs to be send to you.

There are too much stories of kids and people getting bitten or mauled by dogs in Thailand. If you don't see this you really need to take your head out of the sand. 

And don't ask for a link. Just Google it if you don't believe it!

10 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Rabies in communities locations such as Hua Hin are the result of  people bringing in  infected animals. Hua Hin is  historically rabies free. There is no local reservoir of infection to support the type of rabies infection reported. Rather, what we have are animals abandoned or tossed from puppy mills or who escape animal traffickers.

stop the illegal activities and one of the principal causative factors allowing the spread of the disease are addressed.

Total BS that you say this is the caused by people bringing in infected animals, do think they have a magic fence that keeps them 'historically rabies free'. lol Don't know what your smoking but maybe you should apply for the 'amnesty', maybe they can get you some help. 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

I've had aggressive dogs attempt to circle me while jogging in Hua Hin. Thankfully I always carry a home made pepper spray that they don't like. It also depends on what time of day it is, they're a lot more active in the evening it seems. I don't wish this on anyone, it's very unsettling. 

Well hey there. 

I certainly agree will distroying the dog chasing and biting tourist or local people isn't unacceptable, but using a gun in the street not so good as is very very dangerous as richashading could easily take place. So good work for getting rid of a problem dog and doing the work that the authorities should be doing, but simply neglect to do so. I  say this because I have been bailed up numerous times all over Thailand. That's that out the way. What I find even more frustrating is the sentence as all he did was do the community a favor by getting rid of a pest of a dog and to have a two year sentence and 40000 bt fine is madness. People get less for killing a person at times. It's the same same in  New Zealand England Australia all western nations seemingly animals are worth more that people. 

These are my thoughts so don't condemn me for having them as I don't others. 

So what are your thoughts? 

45 minutes ago, Cheops said:

Just give us your address Mr. doglover, so the next time (which is daily in Thailand!) we can arrange the dogs to be send to you.

There are too much stories of kids and people getting bitten or mauled by dogs in Thailand. If you don't see this you really need to take your head out of the sand. 

And don't ask for a link. Just Google it if you don't believe it!

What on earth are you on about? My post was about how long ago the incident happened - nothing else. It expressed absolutely no opinion about dogs.

14 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

What on earth are you on about? My post was about how long ago the incident happened - nothing else. It expressed absolutely no opinion about dogs.

With "I'd hardly call that an incident that "wasn't too long ago." I was expecting something from the last couple of weeks (or at the most, months)." you do express that you think this happens rarely, while actually the dog problem is huge in Thailand.

1 minute ago, hugh2121 said:

And bad people? What about bad snakes? Or is it only dogs?

Bad people are kept in prisons!

That would be good for dogs as well, but the governments doesn't take action on this, so what do you if a dog bites your kid badly (if you have a kid)?

I'm a dog lover, but if any dog hurt any of my kids badly, the dog goes!

It seems that many people have jumped to the conclusion that this was a bad dog (cowering under a car) just because a person who has just had a rollicking says so. Too many examples of this on this forum. I have lived here for 7 years. I have never been bitten, threatened or intimidated by soi dogs, I have never seen anyone else attacked and I don't know anyone who has.

I do know a person who toured around a village throwing down cyanide laced meat balls. Several friendly family pets died. And what if a child picked one up?

The same person accused one of my dogs of attacking him. She was standing in the road about 10 metres from him, not growling or barking just standing peacefully looking around. No doubt this idiot would be permitted to state on this forum that his neighbour's dog attacked him.

On 2/16/2019 at 11:40 AM, Seismic said:

Read it again " after he was criticized for not doing his job properly he got angry and shot the animal". He only took this action after being chastised, typical case of lashing out after losing face.

Makes no difference if he would've shot the dog before he got criticised ,,, one can't kill dogs/animals ,,,Only people,,, ????

11 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

For lying?  There is no evidence to support his claim. No witnesses have supported his version of events. However, don't let that interfere with the promotion of your agenda.

The dog had been chasing and biting tourists and after he was criticized for not doing his job properly

So what was the criticism about then, sleeping on the job?

4 minutes ago, Cheops said:

With "I'd hardly call that an incident that "wasn't too long ago." I was expecting something from the last couple of weeks (or at the most, months)." you do express that you think this happens rarely, while actually the dog problem is huge in Thailand.

Your level of English comprehension seems to be somewhat lacking. Talking about one individual incident and how long ago that specific incident happened, does not reveal anything about how often I think such incidents happen.

2 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Your level of English comprehension seems to be somewhat lacking. Talking about one individual incident and how long ago that specific incident happened, does not reveal anything about how often I think such incidents happen.

Not everybody is a native English speaker, but my English comprehension is not lacking.

Why else would you make that comment if in reality you do agree that these incidents happen often?

Or you just wanted to bash the other poster to discredit his link. Ok, now I get you :cheesy:

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is nothing morally or ethically wrong with putting a bad dog down. And it is the responsibility of the communities to be culling these dogs anyway. There are far too many soi dogs, they are not being taken care of, thousands are diseased and mangy, they terrorize alot of locals, have no business being in areas where businesses are operating, and should not be allowed to roam around near hotels. Take them out. Do what has to be done. The law here is beyond broken. The judicial system is broken. When rapists get a year in jail, and guys who beats the crap out of their wives get no punishment, yet a guy who is saving people from being terrorized gets two years in jail, judges nationwide need to hang their heads in shame. 

It was a puppy and there was no evidence that the dog had attacked anyone. The dog had pooped.

31 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

So what was the criticism about then, sleeping on the job?

No one has supported his claim that the puppy had bitten anyone.

This is the size of the dog he ruthlessly tormented and then shot at as it tried to hide from his savage kicks. 

This is basically what he killed. 

puppy.jpg

Archived