Hotel man faces years in jail for shooting stray dog that bit tourists

rooster59

5 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

It was a puppy and there was no evidence that the dog had attacked anyone. The dog had pooped.

So, are you saying that he killed the dog, then accused the dog of biting the tourists ?

Well, i would not be surprised.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's what I thought - you're talking about something that happened way back in 2017. I'd hardly call that an incident that "wasn't too long ago." I was expecting something from the last couple of weeks (or at the most, months).

You mean like this:

seven-year-old-fighting-for-life-after-savage-attack-on-thai-beach

On 2/16/2019 at 11:51 AM, Dexlowe said:

He probably did react after losing face and should be punished for letting off a firearm in public (instead of trying to catch the animal). But he deserves a smidgen of sympathy - he's in a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't situation and can't get any help from the authorities. 

You brought up a goid point about the "authorities". In general, proactive enforcement is lacking. Stationary traffic/fine collection points, calls for service that go unanswered and non-accountability of public savants ???? is the norm. When the public tolerates poor service, poor service is what they get.

On 2/16/2019 at 12:01 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Where are the laws which protect humans from dogs?

And where are the laws which make dog owners responsible for their dogs? And they should also be responsible for the dogs if they throw them out on the street because they are not cute anymore.

Nobody should be cruel to animals. But when animals become a risk to humans something has to be done to stop them.

Umm. It is a royal decree. Also pythons.

Most dogs (soi dogs) do not have owners. The dogs breed without having an owner.

So most of your post is irrelevant.

No one should be cruel to animals or humans.

My wife has a few rai of land and chickens. Wild dogs got in and killed 38.

I took it up with the headman.

I have not seen that roaming pack of feral dogs since.

You have to go about it the right way. Loosing off a pistol in a public area is at least dangerous if not stupid.

Thailand has an overabundance of ownerless dogs and it is a good idea to cull some from time to time in a humane way. IMHO

On 2/16/2019 at 11:40 AM, Seismic said:

Read it again " after he was criticized for not doing his job properly he got angry and shot the animal". He only took this action after being chastised, typical case of lashing out after losing face.

Maybe he was accused of not doing his job properly because he had allowed the dog to bite tourists at the hotel?

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

No one has supported his claim that the puppy had bitten anyone.

This is the size of the dog he ruthlessly tormented and then shot at as it tried to hide from his savage kicks. 

How do you know all this?

14 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

There is no evidence to support the claim that the dog had attacked anyone. No witnesses support the man's story.

You miss the big  picture;

1. An angry  man with no self control in the possession of an illegal fire arm.

2. The fire arm was discharged multiple times in  a public place. If you were so concerned about injury to a child, why are you not concerned as to the potential danger  from ricochet or a missed shot?

The man  is a liar and was caught lying. He also fits the profile of someone who would use a  gun to settle a petty dispute. 

I think you are exaggerating a bit to get your point across, or you are privy to information not in the article!

"There is no evidence to support the claim that the dog had attacked anyone. No witnesses support the man's story."

"The man was "a liar and was caught lying" 

"The fire arm was discharged multiple times in  a public place."

Just how exactly do you know all of this?

"Jomphon admitted that he had shot the dog that was cowering under a car at the hotel on 9th January. The dog had been chasing and biting tourists and after he was criticized for not doing his job properly he got angry and shot the animal."

Alternatively, do you have any evidence contradicting what "Jomphon" states above?

No one has supported his claim that the puppy had bitten anyone.

This is the size of the dog he ruthlessly tormented and then shot at as it tried to hide from his savage kicks. 

This is basically what he killed. 

puppy.jpg

Ahhh - bless! What a pretty picture! ????

3 hours ago, alation said:

Well hey there. 

I certainly agree will distroying the dog chasing and biting tourist or local people isn't unacceptable, but using a gun in the street not so good as is very very dangerous as richashading could easily take place. So good work for getting rid of a problem dog and doing the work that the authorities should be doing, but simply neglect to do so. I  say this because I have been bailed up numerous times all over Thailand. That's that out the way. What I find even more frustrating is the sentence as all he did was do the community a favor by getting rid of a pest of a dog and to have a two year sentence and 40000 bt fine is madness. People get less for killing a person at times. It's the same same in  New Zealand England Australia all western nations seemingly animals are worth more that people. 

These are my thoughts so don't condemn me for having them as I don't others. 

So what are your thoughts? 

I agree with you!

It was a puppy and there was no evidence that the dog had attacked anyone. The dog had pooped.

"The dog had pooped"

And you have evidence of this? Nothing in the article about it, but you brought it into the discussion a while ago. And was it a puppy or a dog? Probably a puppy suits your agenda better! 

My partner worked at a resort and it was the job of the security guard to shoot dogs or cats that came onto the resort.  He too got chastised for not shooting them after the owner seen strays on the  cctv.  I think the logic is once a animal finds food he wont leave anytime soon and more will then come.   Reason why he didnt want to shoot them? Plain old simple compassion.

Owner is well connected,  it gives him a "I am above the law" arrogance and would quite easily let his employee hang to dry.  My misses left working there pretty quickly.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:44 PM, monkeycu said:

Why does this hotel worker require a gun and 43 bullets, and no valid reason to have them ?

He does. Vicious, mangy soi dogs. Verminous filth.

Let's hope he started out with 100 rounds and managed to exterminate 56 other vermin plus this one.

15 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

He does. Vicious, mangy soi dogs. Verminous filth.

Let's hope he started out with 100 rounds and managed to exterminate 56 other vermin plus this one.

And when he gets drunk and starts shooting at innocent people, what is your reaction to that.

He does not need a gun to do his job and probably like most Thai's has no permit for it.

On 2/16/2019 at 11:19 AM, rooster59 said:

Earlier Oranut, 35, a representative of dog lovers Watchdog Thailand had gone to Cha-Am police with CCTV footage and called for the man's arrest. 

Lock this  idiot  up!!

31 minutes ago, monkeycu said:

And when he gets drunk and starts shooting at innocent people, what is your reaction to that.

He does not need a gun to do his job and probably like most Thai's has no permit for it.

It does annoy me when people pass comments without reading the article properly! 

"He was charged with having an unlicensed gun and shooting in a public place." 

51 minutes ago, monkeycu said:

ah they probly deserved it anyways

7 hours ago, Vacuum said:

How do you know all this?

Go local and find out. He got the wrong dog. He 'allegedly" went after the harmless small one and had already been tormenting it. There is a reason why the dog was cowering under a car. That is why people reported him. Well, that and his bizarre tantrum that had him discharging a firearm in a public place. Perhaps if he had  done his job instead of lazing about...... My old condo used to have a guard to watch the garage. He just slept in his booth. He lost his job after multiple complaints.

6 hours ago, Ulic said:

He should be given a medal. The authorities should be fired for negligence allowing a dog to wander the streets biting tourists. Shame on them.

There is no evidence such as eyewitness reports to support that the dog was biting anyone. The man gave  that reason to justify chasing down the puppy and  shooting it as it lay cowering under a car. If you consider that to be  very heroic and worthy of a medal,  you fit in well in Thailand.

7 hours ago, Ulic said:

He should be given a medal. The authorities should be fired for negligence allowing a dog to wander the streets biting tourists. Shame on them.

Better yet, all of the incompetent authorities should simply be voted out of office in the upcoming elections. You don't do your job? See ya. 

Archived