Hotel man faces years in jail for shooting stray dog that bit tourists

rooster59

sounds good to me, in pattaya I couldnt get back to my hotel because a near by hotel had a dog that came out and had a go at me every time i walked past. I went in and complained about it and the reception wouldnt even look up from their desk at me, let alone talk to me. just pretended I didnt exist

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/16/2019 at 5:51 PM, Dexlowe said:

He probably did react after losing face and should be punished for letting off a firearm in public (instead of trying to catch the animal). But he deserves a smidgen of sympathy - he's in a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't situation and can't get any help from the authorities. 

I agree. The dog was dangerous. Could be a carrier of rabies. I don't condemn him for putting the dog down but for owning an unregistered firearm and shooting in a public place. A ricochet could have injured someone.

On 2/16/2019 at 11:32 AM, SammyT said:

I get the work that animal charities do over here, but in this instance the best thing for everyone is for the dog to be killed. How would the charity feel if the dog had mauled a small child or something?

So it is a 40000 baht fine for shooting a biting dog in a country where Rabies is rife but only 2000 baht fine for being partly responsible for the death of a young British tourist ! Welcome to Thailand !

12 hours ago, sambum said:

It does annoy me when people pass comments without reading the article properly! 

"He was charged with having an unlicensed gun and shooting in a public place." 

And most who comment on the dog having rabies are full of themselves

If you were to believe some posters, ALL dogs in Thailand are waiting to kill you

This clown who shot the dog, attacked it on a regular basis ( FACT ) I live in the area.

He deserves to be locked away

If a dog has rabies it should be put down humanely, not by some would be rentacop that has the iq of a dead fish

10 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Go local and find out. He got the wrong dog. He 'allegedly" went after the harmless small one and had already been tormenting it. There is a reason why the dog was cowering under a car. That is why people reported him. Well, that and his bizarre tantrum that had him discharging a firearm in a public place. Perhaps if he had  done his job instead of lazing about...... My old condo used to have a guard to watch the garage. He just slept in his booth. He lost his job after multiple complaints.

'go local' ? lol The great farang sleuth hard at it. You remind me of lawyers or insurance salesman I knew in Canada that would say anything to further their views. Smooth greasy fabricators, have a great day!????

On 2/15/2019 at 6:41 PM, Thunder26 said:

If it's a bad dog, it has to be put down. 

Our own dog was put down when it went around killing chickens and ducks, not eating them, just killing them - no guns though, one whack on the head was all it took.  but not in Thailand ........... my neighbors ate him.

2 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

'go local' ? lol The great farang sleuth hard at it. You remind me of lawyers or insurance salesman I knew in Canada that would say anything to further their views. Smooth greasy fabricators, have a great day!????

Go local means to go and ask people what happened.  As you seem to know  the soi where this occurred,  why not check with the locals and  see what they have to say. What's your take on the claim that he was chasing and tormenting the dog?  Why do you think the dog was cowering under a car? Do you want the  address of where this occurred or are you just mouthing off because this is your way to feel important by piling on to a thread that supports a misfit who was  firing off his gun in a public place without any concern to who he might have shot? Do you not understand that this idiot shot up a street? Next time someone randomly discharges a firearm, I hope it is in close proximity to your head so that you can experience the  noise and enjoy the sensation of bullets. 

If you are nowhere near Cha Am, then I suggest you read the facebook page of the organization  that complained. You can contact them and ask for their version.  The organization was contacted after onlookers were upset by what they saw. It's not as if the police came and disarmed the  maniac. the man's a jerk, but you and others   are of the view that it is just fine to shoot up the street  like its the OK Corral.

The claim that the small dog was attacking people has not been substantiated. we have only the  man who shot up the street who says this. Please direct me to the witnesses who corroborate the man's  story. There are absolutely no published statements that support  the man's version of events.

I will not be surprised if the man was drunk or hung over. He had been reprimanded for being useless.  He did what other  idiots  do around here, and had a fit of rage with displaced aggression. Residents are lucky it was not a  road rage incident.

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Go local means to go and ask people what happened.  As you seem to know  the soi where this occurred,  why not check with the locals and  see what they have to say. What's your take on the claim that he was chasing and tormenting the dog?  Why do you think the dog was cowering under a car? Do you want the  address of where this occurred or are you just mouthing off because this is your way to feel important by piling on to a thread that supports a misfit who was  firing off his gun in a public place without any concern to who he might have shot? Do you not understand that this idiot shot up a street? Next time someone randomly discharges a firearm, I hope it is in close proximity to your head so that you can experience the  noise and enjoy the sensation of bullets. 

If you are nowhere near Cha Am, then I suggest you read the facebook page of the organization  that complained. You can contact them and ask for their version.  The organization was contacted after onlookers were upset by what they saw. It's not as if the police came and disarmed the  maniac. the man's a jerk, but you and others   are of the view that it is just fine to shoot up the street  like its the OK Corral.

The claim that the small dog was attacking people has not been substantiated. we have only the  man who shot up the street who says this. Please direct me to the witnesses who corroborate the man's  story. There are absolutely no published statements that support  the man's version of events.

I will not be surprised if the man was drunk or hung over. He had been reprimanded for being useless.  He did what other  idiots  do around here, and had a fit of rage with displaced aggression. Residents are lucky it was not a  road rage incident.

For someone who was not there you also seem to know an awful lot about the situation and the guy involved!

And your increasingly belligerent tone, and innuendo shows that you are prepared to declare the man guilty until proved innocent! I do agree however about the discharging of the gun in the street - very dangerous, for him as well if the gas tank had exploded!

On 2/17/2019 at 1:23 AM, geriatrickid said:

There is no evidence to support the claim that the dog had attacked anyone. No witnesses support the man's story.

You miss the big  picture;

1. An angry  man with no self control in the possession of an illegal fire arm.

2. The fire arm was discharged multiple times in  a public place. If you were so concerned about injury to a child, why are you not concerned as to the potential danger  from ricochet or a missed shot?

The man  is a liar and was caught lying. He also fits the profile of someone who would use a  gun to settle a petty dispute. 

Wow, you can tell all that from the same article I read? You must be a genius, or else someone who simply hates Thai people and therefore loses all reason and logic when the chance to put the boot into one (even when you know very little about them) comes up?

I'd say probably the latter...

8 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

So many assumptions for a rant of just a few paragraphs! Quite incredible, really. 

You weren't there, so you know the same or less than the rest of us, yet you talk like you're an expert and no one else should have an opinion on it. 

Unsurprising you've made 18,000 posts on here because my assumption is you would have limited social interaction offline, even less surprising you have less upvotes than you do posts made, because you post absolute tripe. Given your attitude towards Thais (despite choosing to live here) it's obvious you're the bigoted equivalent of a mental old man yelling at pigeons in the local park...

22 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Perhaps if he had  done his job instead of lazing about...... My old condo used to have a guard to watch the garage. He just slept in his booth. He lost his job after multiple complaints.

An easy guess on who made the multiple complaints...

On 2/16/2019 at 12:01 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Where are the laws which protect humans from dogs?

And where are the laws which make dog owners responsible for their dogs? And they should also be responsible for the dogs if they throw them out on the street because they are not cute anymore.

Nobody should be cruel to animals. But when animals become a risk to humans something has to be done to stop them.

All the laws in the world are useless if there is no one to enforce them.  BIB are only reactive not proactive.  Dangerous dogs need to be euthanized!

On 2/17/2019 at 1:39 PM, geriatrickid said:

No one has supported his claim that the puppy had bitten anyone.

This is the size of the dog he ruthlessly tormented and then shot at as it tried to hide from his savage kicks. 

This is basically what he killed. 

puppy.jpg

DELETED 

On 2/18/2019 at 2:25 PM, sambum said:

nd it could grow up to be:-

image.jpeg.3b253b468b20d3db1e0bcf21a4ed1afe.jpeg

From today's news (21 Feb 2019):-

A five year old boy from Finland is in a serious condition in hospital after being savaged by a pack of stray dogs on Thailand's Ao Nang beach in Krabi. 

Picture: Daily News

1pm.jpg

A three year old child is in a serious condition in a Sri Racha hospital after being attacked by a pack of ten dogs. 

A certain Geriatric dog lover seems to be very quiet at the moment! 

On 2/16/2019 at 5:19 AM, rooster59 said:

Jomphon, 25

he should have get a reward for doing this!!

Thats the thais, when they wil ever understand something.

On 2/16/2019 at 5:19 AM, rooster59 said:

Oranut, 35

And for this traitor, feet him to the 'nice' and 'beloved' dogs. 

Archived