Video: Family terrorized by gang of men in Bangkok

rooster59

Video: Family terrorized by gang of men in Bangkok

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZPFga70VLovGkNrhfLlsfSwCIq7STd.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

Several video clips showed the moments a 7/11 delivery man and his wife and child were terrorized by an angry gang of ten Thai men. 

Chatchawan Songyaowasri had just done a delivery at a 7/11 in the Prachacheun area of the city.

There was a heated argument going on outside the store as some youths demanded money from the driver of another delivery van after a man came off a bike. The driver said he had done nothing wrong.

Chatchawan suggested that the police should be called to settle the argument but after he called them and did his own delivery he was chased by the gang of men.

They claimed that he called the police to arrest them.

The video clips recorded the harrowing moments as his child cries and his wife screams for help. 

Rocks were thrown and a piece of wood was used to smash his windshield. Several times attempts were made to enter his delivery van. 

Posters on Facebook said it would have likely ended terribly if they had gained access to the inside of the van.

Chatchawan managed to drive away towards Chaeng Wattana where soldiers at an army camp ushered him inside and the men dispersed. By this time ten men had been chasing him on bikes. 

He has reported the matter to the police. He said that following the incident on Tuesday a woman involved with the group called him to offer him money to settle it but he refused saying it had gone too far for that.

Police have issued a summons and both sides are set to meet the cops on Monday to resolve the matter, reported Thai Rath.

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-16

Scary stuff. I’ve seen this pack mentality a few times here and it’s really ugly. It makes you realize how precarious the balance can be. People with pent up rage absolutely exploding. 

I’d like to see the aurhoties throw the book at these scumbags, but I won’t hold my breath. 

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Police have issued a summons and both sides are set to meet the cops on Monday to resolve the matter, reported Thai Rath.

resolve the matter? take the scum to remand prison and let them wait a few months until they will be sent to prison for years.

Police should be forced to act this way only - not try to make it go away

It is their duty to enforce safety for the public.

Youth ? Where does OP see youth ? I see grown up dumb asses that need good ass wopping.

put them in army for a few years , after a few beatings they might straighten out a little , if not , can always ship them off to the south 

13 minutes ago, BestB said:

Youth ? Where does OP see youth ? I see grown up dumb asses that need good ass wopping.

put them in army for a few years , after a few beatings they might straighten out a little , if not , can always ship them off to the south 

Chances are, they might become the army "beaters", not the "beaten".

Or maybe they become the political "enforcers".

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

both sides are set to meet the cops on Monday to resolve the matter, reported Thai Rath.

Why do the police take this approach,money and a Wai seem to

settle everything,it's the lazy way out for the Police,when what

they really should be arresting people,in the hope it will deter 

them from doing it again.

regards Worgeordie

Resolve the matter my butt, for what. Family attacked by mob of scumbag hoodlums and police want to "resolve the matter"?, This is how these gangs exist. Not the way to protect your citizens Mr. Policeman unless, of course, most of the gang are your family. How about a "lock up" for everyone involved in the assault and attempted robbery.

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

First thought is lazy cops.

But there's a bigger picture of enormous imbalance in 

1. Education and therefore work opportunities

2. Application of the law, there guys / all Thais see hi-so / rich folks unpunished all the time

3. And enormous gap in income and in quality of life.

Surely all of this leads to very unhappy and struggling people who believe society / the cops / the courts are unfair and have no respect for them, and it all explodes.

Has this government or any of the past governments done anything of value to address the imbalance? NO, in fact many governments have made it far worse.

2 hours ago, BestB said:

I wouldn't put them in the army. That might lead to a political career.

Rooster

3 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

It is just low life scumbags there want make problem and stealing money from people there working 

I hope police will give them a lesson in monkey house for a while 

I hope police will give them a lesson in monkey house for a while Are you dreaming??

3 hours ago, neeray said:

Chances are, they might become the army "beaters", not the "beaten".

Or maybe they become the political "enforcers".

Highly unlikely , they only operate as a pack , once split up nothing but a weasel with a human face????

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

Money is the engine in Thai society . If  offered to the victim a choice , attackers go to jail or pay money, victims usually go for money. 

Does not help society development but that’s how it is. 

Same princioled apply all acriss including something as simple as workplace.

give them warnings for doing something wrong and do it again and again , cut their salary and they do not do same thing again 

Archived