Need a car wash can also do good exterior polishing

scorecard

20 minutes ago, beau thai said:

back of gas station opposite riverside condo nong hoi does a good job. and nice lounge with recliners while you wait. small car wash 70bht, polish 70bht extra. Tops next door too

Thanks, do you mean the PTT gas station with the Tops 'mini mart' or the Caltex station up th street a little, which I think also has a Tops 'mini mart', with the holiday Inn across the road?

On 2/16/2019 at 5:16 PM, beau thai said:

back of gas station opposite riverside condo nong hoi does a good job. and nice lounge with recliners while you wait. small car wash 70bht, polish 70bht extra. Tops next door too

When you say polish do you mean they spray on wax after the wash? Or do they actually apply wax by hand and polish it off?

Thanks

2 hours ago, bhatmasterson said:

When you say polish do you mean they spray on wax after the wash? Or do they actually apply wax by hand and polish it off?

Thanks

Thanks for your message,

The oxidization (almost like fine powder) needs to be removed and I think this will bring back a good gloss / appearance, so I guess that means apply wax by hand, let it dry and then polish it off by hand or small polishing machine.

Take care.

Alan 

Polishing and waxing are two different processes. Polishing means using a mildly abrasive paste or liquid (polishing compound) with an electric rotary or random-orbital wheel to remove water spots. dead paint, light scratches, and swirl marks. It's nearly impossible to polish modern clearcoat finishes by hand. Polishing rounds out the harsh corners of a scratch so that they don't catch the light and are therefore less visible. Shops around Chiang Mai charge about 2000 baht for the service which can take a day or longer. In December I was quoted 2500 baht and 2-3 days by a shop in Mae Rim, but didn't go for it. Wax or sealant is just a temporary coating to protect the polished surface. In Thai, to polish is "kaat ngao" or "kaat sii," while to wax is to "kleub" (to seal or laminate).

On 2/17/2019 at 11:56 PM, Puwa said:

Polishing and waxing are two different processes. Polishing means using a mildly abrasive paste or liquid (polishing compound) with an electric rotary or random-orbital wheel to remove water spots. dead paint, light scratches, and swirl marks. It's nearly impossible to polish modern clearcoat finishes by hand. Polishing rounds out the harsh corners of a scratch so that they don't catch the light and are therefore less visible. Shops around Chiang Mai charge about 2000 baht for the service which can take a day or longer. In December I was quoted 2500 baht and 2-3 days by a shop in Mae Rim, but didn't go for it. Wax or sealant is just a temporary coating to protect the polished surface. In Thai, to polish is "kaat ngao" or "kaat sii," while to wax is to "kleub" (to seal or laminate).

That's what I thought. So it's difficult to imagine all the work involved for just 70 baht.

Archived