Where can I go?

Thailand Outcast

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Cambodia, Philippines and Vietnam are mentioned a lot.

Yes, but where in these countries?  I do not like to live in a capital cites.  I like the beach, but not a big tourist beach.  Maybe a smaller place with a beach.  I know I am not the only one leaving in the next 12 months.  Where are other people going?  

5 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

Yes, but where in these countries?  I do not like to live in a capital cites.  I like the beach, but not a big tourist beach.  Maybe a smaller place with a beach.  I know I am not the only one leaving in the next 12 months.  Where are other people going?  

Cambodia maybe not, Cebu in Philippines but with over 7000 Islands lots of choice, maybe Borocoy. Vietnam, Nha Trang, Da Nang.

As an American who lived through the Vietnam war I am not considering that an option based on memories. I have also looked at this hard as a possibility. Cambodia is the easiest option. Specifically Siam Reap which is somewhat like Pattaya going back fifteen years. Cambodia makes long stay easy without all the financial requirements. In the end I have decided just to transfer in enough to meet the 800k requirement and continue living in Thailand, at least for now. I've been here too long to make the move unless I am forced out. I also have family here. If I had to go the best option I have found is Siam Reap Cambodia. It is also very close and a short flight. Tourist town like Pattaya with lots of low rental apartments and houses. Lots of Western food. Cost of living is very low there. 

3 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

I was thinking about Bali.  They have easy to get long visas but a lot of tourists there. 

You have to have health ins, rent for 12 months, a ;maid, But, get on a forem there, there are ways around things, I have checked ;it out. Or border runs to Singas. 

21 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

I was thinking about Bali.  They have easy to get long visas but a lot of tourists there. 

I've been to Bali TWICE (the first time and the last time, once in all actually). Really couldn't see any attraction to the place, beach included.

Like Muslim music?

14 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

I see a lot of people complaining and and trying to get around the rules but none of them say where they would go or where they are going.  What about something like Fiji?

Used to be very expensive for a holiday even

I like Bali, get out of Kuta away from all the young aussies you may like it. Try it and see, not sure how difficult the visa situation is.

How about moving every 3 months and spend 2x 3months in thailand using tourist visas. Then maybe 3 months bali, 3 months vietnam

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I like Bali, get out of Kuta away from all the young aussies you may like it. Try it and see, not sure how difficult the visa situation is.

How about moving every 3 months and spend 2x 3months in thailand using tourist visas. Then maybe 3 months bali, 3 months vietnam

I am going to ask this question on the main forum.  i know I have to go and I will go.  I did not think about when I can come back and how many times I can come back and how long I can stay in a one year period.

I think I could live between two countries but not sure about three countries, but if all the visas match up, maybe the new surroundings every few months would be good.    

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Kuta Beach is the big tourist beach.  Can you say some smaller beaches away from the tourist area that are good?  I looked on google but they all look like tourist places. 

I've been to Bali TWICE (the first time and the last time, once in all actually). Really couldn't see any attraction to the place, beach included.
Like Muslim music?

Are you sure you were in Bali ?
Although Indonesia is the largest Muslim populated country in the world ... Bali is predominantly ( almost totally ) Hindu .

Though, that Balinese music ( not Muslim ) that you hear at temples and cultural events etc ..is excruciatingly awful !

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

Kuta Beach is the big tourist beach.  Can you say some smaller beaches away from the tourist area that are good?  I looked on google but they all look like tourist places. 
Lovina perhaps. My favourite place was Ubud which is in land. Maybe some expat locals can give more details

13 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

I am going to ask this question on the main forum.  i know I have to go and I will go.  I did not think about when I can come back and how many times I can come back and how long I can stay in a one year period.

I think I could live between two countries but not sure about three countries, but if all the visas match up, maybe the new surroundings every few months would be good.    

I’ve given some thought to this because, as much as I like Thailand, I’d rather move around and not be stuck in one place. 

I suspect you could spend, for example, Jan-Mar and Aug-Oct in Thailand and spend Apr-Jul in Philippines, Cambodia, or Vietnam, and then Nov-Dec back in these countries or somewhere like Bali, before returning to Thailand. So you spend 6 months in Thailand with sufficient gaps not to draw attention to immigration.

Another idea was to get an Ed Visa for six months and live in Thailand June to November, and spend the other six months in a neighbouring country. Advantage is that you could stay anywhere in Thailand outside of the Smokey season ... although that works for me, who has no family ties in Thailand, it may not for others. 

Advantage is that I would not have the hassle of retirement visa or have to buy an elite visa. 

Just a thought. I wonder I feel anyone else has a similar idea?

6 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I’ve given some thought to this because, as much as I like Thailand, I’d rather move around and not be stuck in one place. 

I suspect you could spend, for example, Jan-Mar and Aug-Oct in Thailand and spend Apr-Jul in Philippines, Cambodia, or Vietnam, and then Nov-Dec back in these countries or somewhere like Bali, before returning to Thailand. So you spend 6 months in Thailand with sufficient gaps not to draw attention to immigration.

Another idea was to get an Ed Visa for six months and live in Thailand June to November, and spend the other six months in a neighbouring country. Advantage is that you could stay anywhere in Thailand outside of the Smokey season ... although that works for me, who has no family ties in Thailand, it may not for others. 

Advantage is that I would not have the hassle of retirement visa or have to buy an elite visa. 

Just a thought. I wonder I feel anyone else has a similar idea?

Thailand do not want me stuck here.  ???? They want me to go.  I have asked about this on the main forum.  I know they do not like the young people living here on tourists visas because they think they are working, but when so many older people leave because of the new rules, and come back every few months, and keep doing it over and over, I think maybe they will stop this visa entry also. 

1 minute ago, Thailand Outcast said:

Thailand do not want me stuck here.  ???? They want me to go.  I have asked about this on the main forum.  I know they do not like the young people living here on tourists visas because they think they are working, but when so many older people leave because of the new rules, and come back every few months, and keep doing it over and over, I think maybe they will stop this visa entry also. 

Bear in mind you have a military junta running the place and that might change after the elections, so these restrictions may well be changed again by the new regime. If families start to lose breadwinners that might encourage a rethink. 

53 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Bear in mind you have a military junta running the place and that might change after the elections, so these restrictions may well be changed again by the new regime. If families start to lose breadwinners that might encourage a rethink. 

I did not think about this but I read the General will win the election because he has made it that he can not lose.  I am preparing to leave. If it changes I will stay.  I have some time. 

13 hours ago, Thailand Outcast said:

I did not think about this but I read the General will win the election because he has made it that he can not lose.  I am preparing to leave. If it changes I will stay.  I have some time. 

after the election affect your life one little bit? to funny

The general will be the next PM make no mistake so why stress out . If I were you I would get a head start on the stampede out

13 hours ago, madmen said:

the election affect your life one little bit? to funny

The general will be the next PM make no mistake so why stress out . If I were you I would get a head start on the stampede out

The General will be PM. He has made certain of this.  I don't think there will be change.  He will win and all will be the same.  I am ok with this now.  It is not what I wanted but I can not change it.  I am looking at other places to go to but I asked a question about when people like me can come back on a tourist visa and how many times can we do this?   

Archived