BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thailand Outcast

Where can I go?

I can not stay in Thailand with the new rules.  I accept this now. I am preparing to leave.  Where can I go that is same same but only a little different?  Where are other people going if they can not stay here? 

Cambodia, Philippines and Vietnam are mentioned a lot.

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Cambodia, Philippines and Vietnam are mentioned a lot.

Yes, but where in these countries?  I do not like to live in a capital cites.  I like the beach, but not a big tourist beach.  Maybe a smaller place with a beach.  I know I am not the only one leaving in the next 12 months.  Where are other people going?  

5 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

Yes, but where in these countries?  I do not like to live in a capital cites.  I like the beach, but not a big tourist beach.  Maybe a smaller place with a beach.  I know I am not the only one leaving in the next 12 months.  Where are other people going?  

Cambodia maybe not, Cebu in Philippines but with over 7000 Islands lots of choice, maybe Borocoy. Vietnam, Nha Trang, Da Nang.

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Cambodia maybe not, Cebu in Philippines but with over 7000 Islands lots of choice, maybe Borocoy. Vietnam, Nha Trang, Da Nang.

Laos and  Myanmar are rarely mentioned?

10 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Laos and  Myanmar are rarely mentioned?

Not many beaches for him in Laos! Myanmar undeveloped. 

Malasia, Penang. If you got the money, long stay without hassles

, google it for procedure . .

As an American who lived through the Vietnam war I am not considering that an option based on memories. I have also looked at this hard as a possibility. Cambodia is the easiest option. Specifically Siam Reap which is somewhat like Pattaya going back fifteen years. Cambodia makes long stay easy without all the financial requirements. In the end I have decided just to transfer in enough to meet the 800k requirement and continue living in Thailand, at least for now. I've been here too long to make the move unless I am forced out. I also have family here. If I had to go the best option I have found is Siam Reap Cambodia. It is also very close and a short flight. Tourist town like Pattaya with lots of low rental apartments and houses. Lots of Western food. Cost of living is very low there. 

3 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

I was thinking about Bali.  They have easy to get long visas but a lot of tourists there. 

You have to have health ins, rent for 12 months, a ;maid, But, get on a forem there, there are ways around things, I have checked ;it out. Or border runs to Singas. 

I see a lot of people complaining and and trying to get around the rules but none of them say where they would go or where they are going.  What about something like Fiji?

21 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

I was thinking about Bali.  They have easy to get long visas but a lot of tourists there. 

I've been to Bali TWICE (the first time and the last time, once in all actually). Really couldn't see any attraction to the place, beach included.

Like Muslim music?

Just now, neeray said:

I've been to Bali TWICE (the first time and the last time, once in all actually). Really couldn't see any attraction to the lace, beach included.

Like Muslim music?

Remember Bali bombings too well!