BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thailand Outcast

Where can I go?

Just now, madmen said:

whats wrong with the 65k monthly income method

This is a good question.  Now there are no letters from embassies, people must use their bank account.  This is no problem for me.  Now I read some officers are not accepting bank account papers.  So many different interpretations of rules here. Maybe it is best to not renew my visa and leave, and come back when dust settles. This way I can plan my exit, not get a bad stamp in my passport giving me 7 days to leave.   

7 minutes ago, madmen said:

bahahah how could you write that with a straight face ? so some punters who fiddled the system telling porkies on stat decs are to poor to live here now and their 4 k fan rooms will hit the market causing a collapse of the thai condo market ?

stop it your killing me 😂😂

I don't care about the condo market here but you use the word some.  I think it will be many, unless they purposely invent a corrupt way for them to stay.

9 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Grew up in Jersey, 1 hour from the S. Jersey shore but .... As a retiree, I cannot afford to live in the U.S. OK, OK, maybe a rusting trailer in Florida or Arizona....

How is it millions of American retiree's can live in America and afford it but not you?

4 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

How is it millions of American retiree's can live in America and afford it but not you?

I'm sure there are lots of retirees in America who can't afford to retire.

35 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

There are many many expats in the Philippines.  i  sometimes read on the news one is arrested, but it is for molesting a child.  The rest must be living there without problems.  I laugh at the deporting for being with a hooker.  In Thailand prostitution is illegal.  I'm sure it's the same small risk as here. 

Big difference. In Thailand its illegal but not written into the immigration reform act..You will not get deported

Your biggest concern is cash bonds for retirement. Your eventually going to have to pull apart your portfolio doesn't matter where you go. To put yourself through so much stress just to save the returns on your 800k portion of western money is totally crazy. Everybody needs to make a sacrifice of some sort to be here and yours is such a small amount

besides after 5 months you can return 400k back into your investments 

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:08 PM, jacko45k said:

Cambodia maybe not, Cebu in Philippines but with over 7000 Islands lots of choice, maybe Borocoy. Vietnam, Nha Trang, Da Nang.

I agree, try the philippines if you love the beaches. So many island that you can find areas that suits your taste.  You can check the country yourself  easily as you can live there on renewing you tourist visa for 3 years.  Every 60 days your show up at any Immigration office , you pay  the fee and that is all. No TM 30, no 90 days, no need to prove income. If you like the place they also have a few different retirement visa available.

On 2/16/2019 at 12:28 PM, Thailand Outcast said:

I was thinking about Bali.  They have easy to get long visas but a lot of tourists there. 

Lots  of Muslims there .   Ok for a few short times.. 

34 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

I don't care about the condo market here but you use the word some.  I think it will be many, unless they purposely invent a corrupt way for them to stay.

I see some making many posts across all the forums. The same 20 posters posting 500 times does not equal 1000 people

5 minutes ago, madmen said:

Big difference. In Thailand its illegal but not written into the immigration reform act..You will not get deported

Your biggest concern is cash bonds for retirement. Your eventually going to have to pull apart your portfolio doesn't matter where you go. To put yourself through so much stress just to save the returns on your western money is totally crazy. Everybody needs to make a sacrifice of some sort to be here and yours is such a small amount

I thought engaging with a prostitute was a criminal offense in Thailand, and if you were caught, you were charged, and when charged, you were found guilty, and then because you have criminal record in Thailand, you were deported.  

I could sell off some things and make it happen, but no way I would sell off any of the property attached to the portfolio, just for this.  I just don't want to be forced into injecting cash into the Thai banking system, and that's what they are doing.  Using foreigners to capitalize their banks.  I say now to be clear.  I am not complaining I have to leave.  I am prepared to leave and will not bend to their demands. I do not stand on any moral or ethical high ground with this way.  Everyone is different.  I just don't like how they are trying to manipulate my personal finances.

To be funny, I have a credit card with a limit more than 800k.   I could even deposit the 800k with my credit card.  I don't say this to tell everyone I am rich.  I say this because not everyone choosing to leave is poor or can't afford to live here anymore. Of course, many will leave because of money problems.

One person talked about the property market.  Another thing will be be overstaying people.  They will probably go up 500%.  That's a lot of resources used up catching them, or the numbers are so big they give up. Then those people live here under no rules, and should they ever get caught, they get deported and go to a country they were being forced to go to anyway.  

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

I see some making many posts across all the forums. The same 20 posters posting 500 times does not equal 1000 people

But those 20 posters represent the circumstances of 1000's of people. Correct? 

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Your making good money from an 800k baht investment ? LOL . I must be the only one on TV who isnt making a killing investing small amounts of money 😁

Is this the first time you heard about 800k for visa?

One can make decent returns, just not in simple savings accounts in big banks.

1 hour ago, madmen said:

deported for getting caught with a hooker

There is no law about being deported if caught with a hooker.

But you will be deported if you are working as a hooker.

Nha Trang in vietnam for me, 0.5 million big at the beach,

i just need to recover some more to make the trip

1 hour ago, Thailand Outcast said:

Do you have some links for places and accommodation outside of the big tourist places there?  Of course I google but there are so many.  Can you narrow the selection for me please?

Your home country would be happy to have you back; they will make all of your decisions for you.  And take all of your resources in exchange.  "Narrow... for me please", really?

There are specialized search engines that work well, but aren't Gooogle.  PM for details.

It's disheartening to hear of so many people leaving, either because they can't deposit the money or they just don't agree with it in principle. Do you think that the government (or military, whatever) is doing this purposefully to get foreigners to leave, or are they just doing it to protect the country and it's citizens, by keeping 'undesirables' out?

If the motive for complicating visa issues for long-stay foreigners is xenophobia, that could be extremely concerning.