Where can I go?

Thailand Outcast

19 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

Save face is Thai excuse to do crime.  Usually kill someone. 

I do not consider myself rich but say I can easily pay, but I chose not to.  I control my life, not Thai Immigration.  

If nobody is listening to me, what makes you think they are listening to you?  ????

Your up to 150 replies, be happy and lots of info in there too.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Your up to 150 replies, be happy and lots of info in there too.

Yes.  And thank everyone for the good information.  I am researching and it's exciting.  I will try to continue living here on the tourist visas, but I will already have a new place to go to when they change the tourist visa rule.   

i laugh at Mr. Big Joke.  Good guys in and bad guys out.  But bad guys can come back with tourist visa.  This is Thailand.  ????

On 2/16/2019 at 12:49 PM, neeray said:

I've been to Bali TWICE (the first time and the last time, once in all actually). Really couldn't see any attraction to the place, beach included.

Like Muslim music?

Bali is far from being Muslim. It is a pain to get around as there is no public transport, there is heavy traffic and poor roads. Very nice people and the service in hotels is usually excellent. I tend to stay close to the airport. I quite like the place.

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Bali is far from being Muslim. It is a pain to get around as there is no public transport, there is heavy traffic and poor roads. Very nice people and the service in hotels is usually excellent. I tend to stay close to the airport. I quite like the place.

Do the beaches there have clean water?

7 hours ago, vinniekintana said:

How about living on the road...have some friends who have never settled down for many years

...not young either

Re: settling down in other places in the region..

I would avoid Malaysia like the plague

Looks modern and orderly but VERY boring and a lonely place for a farang

The three races that make up the country keep themselves to themselves...nobody has time for a farang

Very expensive alcohol (if that's your thing)

Indonesia....fairly hostile to long-term stayers...Immigration will start hassling you at points of entry and bribing them is no guarantee for entry..

I have been turned back twice from Indo ports ....granted..I've been going in for a couple of years.

Second time, the officer politely returned my 100k rupiah that I had 'forgotten' inside my passport ????

Personally, I would move out of the region altogether is Thailand wasn't an option

Perhaps he returned the 100k because it wasn’t enough (around 220 baht)?

On 2/20/2019 at 11:24 AM, vinniekintana said:

How about living on the road...have some friends who have never settled down for many years

...not young either

Re: settling down in other places in the region..

I would avoid Malaysia like the plague

Looks modern and orderly but VERY boring and a lonely place for a farang

The three races that make up the country keep themselves to themselves...nobody has time for a farang

Very expensive alcohol (if that's your thing)

Indonesia....fairly hostile to long-term stayers...Immigration will start hassling you at points of entry and bribing them is no guarantee for entry..

I have been turned back twice from Indo ports ....granted..I've been going in for a couple of years.

Second time, the officer politely returned my 100k rupiah that I had 'forgotten' inside my passport ????

Personally, I would move out of the region altogether is Thailand wasn't an option

I will live in some different places for a small time each to see if I like them.  

Some countries nearby offer the same lifestyle, without all the problems Thailand makes for foreigners.  

On 2/18/2019 at 2:08 PM, AAArdvark said:

Don't forget that many of the people who are now at risk came to Thailand like 20 years ago.  So they are living on 20 year old pensions which they may have planed for but the exchange rate is half of what it was then and that would have been difficult to pan for.

These people are past their used by date for Thailand, so now they make them leave. 

On 2/18/2019 at 12:59 AM, WyrldTraveler said:

Your home country would be happy to have you back; they will make all of your decisions for you.  And take all of your resources in exchange.  "Narrow... for me please", really?

There are specialized search engines that work well, but aren't Gooogle.  PM for details.

Thailand now want more of people's resources for the same thing, to stay here, and you are not allowed to make any decisions here, because you are farang, you have no say in anything. 

No need I go back to my home country.  I can go another country that lets me control my finances, and give me more freedom than Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

The beach vendors here are angry now when you refuse a massage, and the jet ski people always put on a good show when robbing tourists.  ????

Rubbish, I,m at Patong every day or two,  contrary to your comment I find them most affable and amusing to watch, never aggro ! Beach chairs food drinks etc well priced and organised. Don’t know where you speak of but it ain’t Patong

Archived