Looking for a good Endocrinologist in Bangkok for Diagnosis and Treatment

NightSky

I have had various symptoms on and off the past 12 months or longer although recently things escalated. 

I don't drink or smoke and I eat a really well balanced diet, no sugar, low fat and I have  clean lifestyle (maybe need a bit more exersize that's all) etc although I've put a lot of weight on and Im experiencing other low mood, irritability symptoms. I'm in my 40's and I have a history of a kidney issues and I suspected adrenal gland issues.

I went for a private T hormone blood test and it was on the low side so I want to find a good Endocrinologist in Bangkok preferable close to the Onnut/Srinakarindra side of Bangkok although I am prepared to travel a little further if need be.

The nearest large name hospital to me is Samitivej Srinakarindra I am wondering if I should go here or not. I have some medical insurance but not sure if this is covered or not so I am expecting to pay my own way.

I saw this old post from 2013, I'm just wondering if the same advice applies or if I should seek the closest doctor at Samitivej..

I have a feeling i'm going to need to source ongoing treatment also and I know that meds can be costly at the large hospitals.

Any advice/experiences would be appreciated.

16 hours ago, NightSky said:

Since posting Ive received private PM's thank you - I will see any good hospital for diagnosis, then seek lower cost treatments once I understand the correct diagnosis.

Happy you got many PM's sorry I could not really help you as I am DIY after long experience.

On 2/16/2019 at 3:16 AM, NightSky said:

Since posting Ive received private PM's thank you - I will see any good hospital for diagnosis, then seek lower cost treatments once I understand the correct diagnosis.

Exactly the right thing to do!  It is so shocking how many people on this forum just decide on a drug or a treatment and go right out to get it from practically anyone .   Remember after the treatments start before heading off for a more inexpensive treatment option get measured again to make sure your deficient levels have improved properly.  I got NO results from the testosterone Androgel.  1 in 5 don't according to its manufacturer. So the 4 months I spent with a rather expensive clinic did me ZERO good.  I did find a good clinic tho.'   And consider a little exercise.  It does wonders.  Whatever you can handle.  Good Luck

6 hours ago, dontoearth said:

Exactly the right thing to do!  It is so shocking how many people on this forum just decide on a drug or a treatment and go right out to get it from practically anyone .   Remember after the treatments start before heading off for a more inexpensive treatment option get measured again to make sure your deficient levels have improved properly.  I got NO results from the testosterone Androgel.  1 in 5 don't according to its manufacturer. So the 4 months I spent with a rather expensive clinic did me ZERO good.  I did find a good clinic tho.'   And consider a little exercise.  It does wonders.  Whatever you can handle.  Good Luck

To do this right you have to either go to a good clinic or do a lot of research. I was lucky researched a lot and had a lot of help.

I did blood tests before (test levels, estrogen levels), and then later after treatment multiple times to see if I got the dosage good. Everyone responds a bit different so tests are real important and people should understand how it works with half lives of the compound.

Anyway that is for those of us who can manage it themselves, others need to find a competent Dr. 

But I already knew that gel was not the best way to do it. So i never started with that.

As for exercise it helps and I see my body changing fast after exercise but its not for everyone.

I have every confidence in Dr Tim at Maximum performance Wellness Centre BKK/Pattaya (despite a clinic name that I find offputting). No relationship other than as patient.

You mentioned previously 'symptoms of low T and high E' - IMO if any kind of fine tuning is needed you are better off with a genuinely competent endo than trying to do it yourself.

I am coming at this from a BSc Neurophysiology/pharmacology/endocrinolgy background (too narrow knowledge base vs Medical Degree) and have come to the conclusion that real HPTA diagnosis/fine tuning is so complex that IF you can find a competent endo it is better maybe to hand over. I have kinda stopped doing my own deep research in reflection of this.

People have mentioned the MPWC pricing structure/high cost as being a negative and it is kinda putting me off handing over to MPWC for a few months - I look on it two ways - on the one hand I may be short changing myself for not paying up to be treated by someone with years of experience, on the other hand I could inject myself for a fraction of the cost.

Pricing here

https://www.whatclinic.com/doctors/thailand/bangkok/maximum-performance-wellness-center-bangkok

I have seen Dr Tim twice - I paid Bt6,000/1 hour to bounce what I was doing off him and Bt8,000 for a comprehensive blood panel and consultation (note I think the Bt 8,000 blood panels is needed for the "free" consultation but looking at prices the Bt 8,000 looks OK/maybe good value for all the tests done. I experienced no pressure to sign me up.

Thanks for replies. Its good to know others have already walked the beaten path. This is something I didn't expect at what I would say still a young age so its yet another complication to manage with additional time and costs.

I had  a full blood test from a big name hospital and I have low T and E levels and also low Vit D. I will likely require TRT although I think for doc to prescribe this is last resort, I agree although i don't want to wait too long right!

First I was told to increase Vit D to normal levels and test again.

I know there are forums with much younger guys who have needed TRT for other reasons from younger ages (I also have an injury that may affect these levels) although this is a bit of a shocker when totally unexpected at a younger age group as I've already experienced rapid loss of some muscle and strength and rapid gain of abdomen fat over the previous months.

Hope meds are readily available and inexpensive as the hospitals mark up are very costly. Thanks for the replies so far.

Archived