BANGKOK 26 March 2019 02:58
Jonathan Fairfield

Holding the balance: Phuket Immigration clarifies new rules on retirement visas to start March 1

14 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

i didnt come here as an old man, i only recently became old

enough to qualify for retired visa, so for me i have been exposed to never ending changes in regulations since i came here 20 years ago, and now that i thought it was finally over,  it continues to change, and i'm done with this shit

Retirement extensions changed once in 20 years and only the seasoning requirement. Maybe you have other problems but they were not caused by Thailand.  

Just now, marcusarelus said:

Retirement extensions changed once in 20 years and only the seasoning requirement.

So it took  them only 20 year to come up with this absolute mess of a change! Glad they didn't rush them through!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

So it took  them only 20 year to come up with this absolute mess of a change! Glad they didn't rush them through!

If you are not a citizen of the lazy embassies I don't see much of a mess.  Minor change in seasoning requirement. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

If things keep going the way they are your NZ dollar will be worth nothing... Hope you will be able to meet the requirements anyways. Gad damned bht keeps getting stronger and stronger. Can't wait for this crap to blow up in their faces.

Baht is staying the same.  NZ dollar going down. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

If you are not a citizen of the lazy embassies I don't see much of a mess.  Minor change in seasoning requirement. 

Changing from 3 months to 12 months is not minor. How exactly this will be policed and the result if one fails for one day in 365 may well not be minor!

There is also impact on those using combination method that even now are unclear, you choose to completely ignore that. 

Edited by jacko45k

On 2/16/2019 at 2:10 PM, Hellsten said:

I probably need to move out from this madhouse soon  If the bath go more stronger I'm out, don't have the money to stay and I'm married and have lived her for soon 15 years, this IS my Home! I have no place to go! 😞

The paper from the embassy show the income Before Tax

the Bank after Tax there is a big difference.

You live here very long time you married a Thai and take care the family

But you have NO RIGHT what so ever and they still make it even more difficult

for us to stay here I probably spend 8-900000 a year here the most time but now when I get older the money is not to great now, and the Bath is too damn strong

I lose about 30000thb/month compare from the first time I come her

Not to nice of you Thailand!

Just get a marriage visa then you only need 400,000 Baht in the bank for 3 months before you apply. 

6 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

I did my marriage extension in Rayong Thursday and there were more people waiting for retirement than marriage or business extension and as marriage is now split from the main group it's a shorter wait, much shorter. I did have to wait in the other group later for a 90 day report .............

but I will say they were fast processing applications, when I read about Chang Mai queuing from early in the morning then read about how many applications they process in a day on this forum I have to ask why do you live there?

Big Joke,came to Chiang Mai,saw what was going on with immigration there,

and made changes,now they start at 8.00*,and extensions are done very quickly,

90 day I used to always do by post,last 4 reports I did online and works very well,

so only go to immigration office once a year,which is enough for me.

regards Worgeordie                                 *don't close for lunch either.

37 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Retirement extensions changed once in 20 years and only the seasoning requirement. Maybe you have other problems but they were not caused by Thailand.  

except i'm not talking just retirement extensions,

before i got old, it was changes in visa runs, ed visas,

and now that i thought it was finally over,

the changes are coming to retirement visas.

this is not going to be the last change,

not for as long as i am on one at least

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Baht is staying the same.  NZ dollar going down. 

Your really confused now!

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

If things keep going the way they are your NZ dollar will be worth nothing... Hope you will be able to meet the requirements anyways. Gad damned bht keeps getting stronger and stronger. Can't wait for this crap to blow up in their faces.

The baht is not getting stronger, western currencies are getting weaker.

I spent over 20 years in Thailand now sick of all that shit with immigration .now in Philippines so easy polite and helpful in immigration pleasure to be here my 8th year now

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Henryford said:

The baht is not getting stronger, western currencies are getting weaker.

DOH !!

I haven't read all the comments but are they now saying that a letter from your pension provider is enough, rather than the 65k going into a thai bank. Or is it both?

38 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I haven't read all the comments but are they now saying that a letter from your pension provider is enough, rather than the 65k going into a thai bank. Or is it both?

Both

But that might only be needed as back up proof if a person has proof of income from their embassy.

17 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

you have to if you want the extension

no i dont ,i just get a marriage visa ,been married 22 years lived here in the same house 13