Grandfather Rule Phuket

I read in a topic that suddenly for some reason (?????) was closed, that they accepted a grandfather rule, meaning that people on a constant extension based on retirement since october 2008.... Can use that Grandfather rule and only have to show 200.000 baht in bank or 20K in monthly income....

May I ask you guys, is this genuine just for Phuket, or is it OK all over Thailand Immigrant officies??

glegolo

The topic was closed for being a duplicate of another topic.There is a link in my closure notice.

Nothing new at all for the grandfathering clause of the existing police order and all of them prior to it.

7 minutes ago, glegolo said:

since october 2008

Typo? It is 1998 not 2008.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The topic was closed for being a duplicate of another topic.There is a link in my closure notice.

Nothing new at all for the grandfathering clause of the existing police order and all of them prior to it.

Typo? It is 1998 not 2008.

I dont know if typo,,, the article says;

GRANDFATHER RULE

Stunningly, under the new order the old provisions that people who have been living in Thailand for continually on a retirement visa since before Oct 21, 2008 can still apply under the exact same conditions that they were first approved.

unquote

That is why I was excited anyhow, because I have been on extension retirement since september 2008...

glegolo

It is an error.

From immigration website which is the same as shown in the police order.

(6) An alien who entered the Kingdom before October 21, 1998 and has been consecutively
permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement shall be subject to the following criteria:

(a) Must be 60 years of age or over and have an annual fixed income with funds maintained in
a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht 200,000 or have a monthly income of
no less than Baht 20,000.

(b) If less than 60 years of age but not less than 55 years of age, must have an annual fixed
income with funds maintained in a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht
500,000 or have a monthly income of no less than Baht 50,000.

11 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I dont know if typo,,, the article says;

GRANDFATHER RULE

Stunningly, under the new order the old provisions that people who have been living in Thailand for continually on a retirement visa since before Oct 21, 2008 can still apply under the exact same conditions that they were first approved.

unquote

That is why I was excited anyhow, because I have been on extension retirement since september 2008...

glegolo

Unfortunately this is by no means the first time that rags like the Phuket News have got basic facts relating to immigration procedures wrong. ????

"Rag", by the way, is a derogatory term in English for a newspaper!