Can American get a Russian Visa at Russian Embassy in Bangkok (Thailand Resident)

In March of 2018 I applied to get a visa to Russia at the Bangkok embassy without issue.

However, now I am completing the visa application process and it doesn't give me the option to do it in Bangkok. If this has changed, it's only been in the last year. Does any one know if this is still possible?

Same immigration status - non-immigrant b.

The issue is that using their online application form, it doesn't give me the option to apply for the visa in Bangkok. I don't quite remember how it was last time, but I did use the online form, and I did it successfully. I've searched for all the options on the online application form and there's no choice to select country of residence.

Okay I am wrong. I had to redo the whole application. Before you start the application you have to select where you will apply for the Visa. I believe I misread it and thought it asked my nationality.

If you select Thailand, then you can apply for it in Bangkok. I still believe you need residency here but it does work for Americans.

Archived