Well water pump control switch

mirage

Its extremely successful if your water is clean enough, pump is up to the job and sufficient pressure storage provided to reduce pump cycling.

We had a pressure control system down on the farm but changed to secondary pump and tank because there was need to remove all sediment from the well water.

46 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

Its extremely successful if your water is clean enough, pump is up to the job and sufficient pressure storage provided to reduce pump cycling.

We had a pressure control system down on the farm but changed to secondary pump and tank because there was need to remove all sediment from the well water.

Thanks for the reply, yes the water is crystal clear and looks very clean. We are very close to the Mekong I suppose that might make a difference.

4 hours ago, mirage said:

Thanks for the reply, yes the water is crystal clear and looks very clean. We are very close to the Mekong I suppose that might make a difference.

Cycling of the pressure switch can occur if the integrity of the system is compromised i.e. no leaks. This can be overcome by using a bladder tank for storage or adding a float switch in a buffer storage tank. Both around the same price but the latter is less maintenance. The latter would need to include an additional pump from the buffer tank.

Archived