Thailand Visa on Arrival

Hello everyone,,

I'm going to be heading out to Thailand in a few weeks, and I believe you can get a Visa on Arrival as a U.S. citizen. I read from the embassy that it requires that you have a ticket leaving the country before getting the visa. I currently have an open-ended ticket.

That means I have to buy a ticket out of the country before leaving for Thailand?

You will get a 30 day visa exempt entry. A visa on arrival only allows a 15 day entry and is only for those from 21 countries.

Immigration does not normally ask for the ticket out within 30 days of arrival. It is the airline that may want to see it before boarding your flight.

It you have a ticket with a open return it will be accepted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UsherBhai said:

I'm going to be heading out to Thailand in a few weeks, and I believe you can get a Visa on Arrival as a U.S. citizen. I read from the embassy that it requires that you have a ticket leaving the country before getting the visa. I currently have an open-ended ticket.

That means I have to buy a ticket out of the country before leaving for Thailand?

You don't need to get a Visa On Arrival (VOA) because you qualify for the Tourist Visa Exempt Scheme (VE - no visa required)

If you travel to Thailand without a visa (VE) you should have an onward ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival. Some airlines sometimes check you have an onward flight and won't carry you without one. Immigration at passport control almost certainly won't to ask to see one.

If you travel with a Single Entry Tourist Visa (SETV) - that you can get in the US at the Thai Embassy or one of the Consulates - you will get 60 days on arrival. You might need to provide onward flight details (depending where you apply) when applying for the visa, but once you have the visa neither the airline or immigration should ask to see it.

If you are required to provide an onward flight you can book a cheap ticket to anywhere.

On 2/16/2019 at 3:55 PM, ubonjoe said:

You will get a 30 day visa exempt entry.  A visa on arrival only allows a 15 day entry and is only for those from 21 countries.

Immigration does not normally ask for the ticket out within 30 days of arrival. It is the airline that may want to see it before boarding your flight.

It you have a ticket with a open return it will be accepted.

Thank you my issue got solved,...