BANGKOK
stapoz

Buy a house when married = no control over it?

2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

And why does no one mention divorce rates in Thailand? Everyone likes to mention rates back home at 50%. It's at 40% in Thailand and this is in a country where people shy away from divorce and women put up with multiple mia nois. Has there ever been some research done about Thai foreign divorces? I bet the number is over 80%.

But, but, their wife is different, totally trustworthy and would never do that.

When you are over 50, the likelihood that your wife is different is high.

On 2/22/2019 at 1:45 PM, BritManToo said:

But, but, their wife is different, totally trustworthy and would never do that.

Exactly, Johnny Foreigner that was a shelf stacker in Tesco and married for 20 years probably  only having one or two sexual encounters,  comes here with redundancy/retirement money and meets a young girl that makes him feel good and starts acting like a gangster or millionaire....

dosnt last long once the gold,  pick up and issan house is bought and money dried up. Sent it a thousand  times but yes of course won't happen to them their tirak is different 

On 2/19/2019 at 6:05 PM, ThomasThBKK said:

a usufruct gives you the right to use the land till u die... 

I was thinking of this if i ever bought a house with my thai partner but as others have said it is useless. If the thai or her family make your life hell, which they easily could, then you would not want to stay there. Your legal "rights" are immaterial.

I am thinking of building a room and a bathroom in the back of my GF's house. She has a house in Banglamung with lots of lands in the back. Her mother also has a house in Sisaket with lots of lands in the back. Her Father also has a huge land in Kolat? She told me I could build a house anywhere I like but I had to pay for it. I think Banglamung will be better.

Edited by onera1961

2 hours ago, onera1961 said:

I am thinking of building a room and a bathroom in the back of my GF's house. She has a house in Banglamung with lots of lands in the back. Her mother also has a house in Sisaket with lots of lands in the back. Her Father also has a huge land in Kolat? She told me I could build a house anywhere I like but I had to pay for it. I think Banglamung will be better.

Come and build it on my land, Ill pay half the cost😄

On 2/22/2019 at 11:13 AM, LomSak27 said:

You are buying a house for your wife.

End of story.

And western culture is different ....

24 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Come and build it on my land, Ill pay half the cost

OK, send 50K BHT to my Paypal account and then I will start building it. 😀

Edited by onera1961