Just got a 25 thousand baht quote from an Aussie Real Estate agent on NOn Immigrant O . visa

He said he was trying to help me out for a "friend". ( I know the "friend" from the intenet, a 50 year old Chinese-Thai woman, who gave me his phone number.

He tried to put the "Rush" on me by saying that all visa agencies would be "illegal' by October. He made it clear, though, 'that he had a "friend" at immigration who could get it for me for 25K. Wot a bargain. i could barely contain myself as I told him that might be a good price for HIM......but not for me. He seemed completely ignorant of the existence of this forum.  This is what is being done every day in the name of Thailand and it's perfectly legal. Lives in Pattaya, naturally. Why do I waste my time???

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, scorecard said:

But what's the point of paying 25,000 / 50,000Baht 'fees' when it's going to come around again within 12 months and very possibly the 'fee' route not possible? 

well, for one i got used to spend that money on visa runs/ed visa, but more importantly i hope my body will cope better

next year for a permanent relocation

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, scorecard said:

But what's the point of paying 25,000 / 50,000Baht 'fees' when it's going to come around again within 12 months and very possibly the 'fee' route not possible? 

Tomorrow's another day ............

I spend 12k-15k every 90 days on Non-os but that does include a weeks holiday.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

well, for one i got used to spend that money on visa runs/ed visa, but more importantly i hope my body will cope better

I hear you.....I did the double tourist visa run in Laos for a long time and there was nothing fun,or cheap about it......

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

i was never a visa runner but this new rule of keeping 400,000 in a bank doing sfa, so 25 thou into 400 thou thats 16 years extra for me, and i get to spend that 400,000, i be long gone before 16 years are up

It earns interest, so not sfa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fforest1 said:

What ever you say....If people had 800,000 they would not need a agent....

Wrong, uninformed and judgemental.

I know several guys in Bangkok who are wealthy and have no time to waste going thru the process.

They can well afford an agent to do it for them.

Not all agent users are in your described category. Not even close.

Edited by bkk6060

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I know several guys in Bangkok who are wealthy and have no time to waste going thru the process.

if I were wealthy I'd be going the elite route..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Did you notice that many people reading your title + OP

will have no idea what you are talking about ?? :sad:

You got a quote for what? For a condo? 

Why is it important to know that the Real Estate agent is on a Non O visa ?

:unsure:

Your post seems to be about Extensions (Retirement Extension ?) but nowhere you say it... :mellow:

Another useful contribution. 

I take it English is not your first language, or you left school at nine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Not wrong or  judgmental. They  would  not "need" an Agent is what is stated. But if they  are comfortable   paying an Agent  so  be it ! 

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

i was never a visa runner but this new rule of keeping 400,000 in a bank doing sfa, so 25 thou into 400 thou thats 16 years extra for me, and i get to spend that 400,000, i be long gone before 16 years are up

Not sure if you're joking or not.  "i get to spend that 400,000".     Isn't that just short term borrowing from yourself?

Wonder if anyone thought about borrowing the equivalent  800K amount from ones  home country bank and repaying the interest with the  fee the  agent charges.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brokenbone said:

There's no point. 

For 50k a year u get a 20 year elite visa (1mio thb) without all those problems.