Just got a 25 thousand baht quote from an Aussie Real Estate agent on NOn Immigrant O . visa

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

When you drink 10 pints a day, it makes a big difference.

0 pints at 80bht = 20 quid ($26)/day

10 points at 50c = 4 quid ($5)/day

Sure,

but Cambodia doesn't have hospitals to correctly treat such alcoholic persons. 

Edited by Pattaya46

How arrogant. Can't be bothered. And we're the judgemental ones 55555

I can't be bothered so I'll just break the law of a foreign country because I can. Can't trouble myself to wait behind all the poors.

I've always diyd my visas and extensions. Always did visa runs instead of shonky extensions prior to getting married.
It's valuable knowledge. Appreciated getting OUT of Thailand for a bit as well.

Even though I could (probably) afford the 4-5,000 baht to engage an agent to renew my extension, I prefer to keep that money for a nice meal instead. It’s not as if I’m that busy all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

When you drink 10 pints a day, it makes a big difference.

10 pints at 80bht = 20 quid ($26)/day

10 points at 50c = 4 quid ($5)/day

Savings in 1 month = $600+

Can't see much difference between Cambodia and Thailand myself.

Ruins are better in Cambodia, gaudy temples are more prolific in Thailand.

if u cant see the difference than u have not lived or traveled much in Cambodia

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

How is that even possible after you got the visa already in your passport... It never happened before on any visa. Extremely unlikely.

You guys are just so grumpy and fear mongering and will never be happy no matter what solution one presents to you.

And the you guys recommend countries like Cambodia and Laos where you don't even know if the country will exist in 20 years emoji23.png

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

You're suggesting Thailand will exist in 20 years? A week is a long time in politics.

Just suggesting there are cheaper ways to get a visa here.

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

What is this "hours or days in immigration lines"? I spend a max of 2 hours once a year to get my extension. That includes a visit to the bank to get my letter, plus no more than an hour, sometimes 30 minutes in immigration to present the paperwork. Obviously your time is so valuable you are prepared to pay thousands of baht to save yourself this gross inconvenience.

Do you go to Chiang Mai Immigration for extensions? If not, I suggest you don't post about matters where you have no experience.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Another thing about Cambodia....The whole country smells but at least they drive on the RIGHT side of the road...

If you really want to do your head in, try Myanmar. Right hand drive vehicles driving on the right hand side of the road. Plus the junta there banned the importation of right hand drive vehicles from January 1 this year. I can see 10-20 years of road chaos coming up.

51 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

HUH>>
before i had to show 800,000in the bank to get my extension,( well less as did the combo method with us letter) ,I could/would use that money throughout the year to live on,NOW i need show the 800,000 2months longer ( so need bring more money over) and leave 400,000 in the bank at 1.2% for 7 months where as before it was getting 6%

and you say

...they are NOT changes

Excellent post i cant believe these people who say theres no change

In UK terms its a 10 000GBP bond to stay here now thats the crippling change alone!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, scorecard said:

But what's the point of paying 25,000 / 50,000Baht 'fees' when it's going to come around again within 12 months and very possibly the 'fee' route not possible? 

actually as I have already told a few people in discussions about this - they said they checked with their agent and all is fine for their next extension, the problem is when they go to renew that one in 12 months and it becomes clear that they didn't meet the specified requirements since then i.e. 800k balance 3 months after and maintain a 400k balance throughout the year - what then ?, they can't go back to the agent that took their money and complain when they are forced to leave the country because they broke the rules.

Yes the agent took their money and got them an extension why would they not, but are they guaranteeing they will not be caught when they renew the following year - No they are not !!!!!! 

19 hours ago, fforest1 said:

There may very well be plenty of 800,000 guys that use agents to do the paper work for them....But they are also paying 4-6 thousand baht MAX sense there is no money lending involved...

correct

also, 90% of the people I know (there are many) that use an agent could not meet the requirements 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Can't see much difference between Cambodia and Thailand myself.

wait until you have a medical emergency and see how that goes, not saying Thailand emergency services are anything to cheer about - but it exists nation wide

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheThai said:

I presented this same idea to a friend who uses an agent.  Not out of necessity but out of convenience.  He has the funds and capable to do it himself but uses an agent.  His rebuttal was .. "His agent has been doing his Visa for 5 years, and told him he will continue as all his connection will still be in place.  Nothing will change as it is embedded in immigration itself.  So until the higher echelon of immigration changes it will be business as usual.  Supposedly, His agent doesn't put funds in the bank but rather pays off "the powers that be" to bypass the rules." 

Some people use agents just for the convenience so they don't have to go early or sit for several hours in line at CW. My good friend paid 10k for his renewal in Nov and he used the 800k method with his own money. The agent took him to immigration, walked him to the KBank office for his bank letter & updated passbook then agent went inside while my friend drank coffee in shop. Then, agent texted him to go take pic and they were done. I used the same agent with the income affidavit since it was my first time doing in CW, but It cost me more because I needed to change my address, get multiple reentry permit and do 90 day reporting also. I did myself the year before in Jomtien after having already moved to BK, but it cost me taxis each way and 2 nights stay in hotel, so this year I wanted to do it right and do it where I lived. If I can get the same rate as my friend 10k, then I will definitely use the agent again for convenience at CW since it's so busy. And, I will be using the 800k of my money in bank. Not everyone using agents are "bypassing the rules".

Edited by BertM
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BertM said:

Some people use agents just for the convenience so they don't have to go early or sit for several hours in line at CW. My good friend paid 10k for his renewal in Nov and he used the 800k method with his own money. The agent took him to immigration, walked him to the KBank office for his bank letter & updated passbook then agent went inside while my friend drank coffee in shop. Then, agent texted him to go take pic and they were done. I used the same agent with the income affidavit since it was my first time doing in CW, but It cost me more because I needed to change my address, get multiple reentry permit and do 90 day reporting also. I did myself the year before in Jomtien after having already moved to BK, but it cost me taxis each way and 2 nights stay in hotel, so this year I wanted to do it right and do it where I lived. If I can get the same rate as my friend 10k, then I will definitely use the agent again for convenience at CW since it's so busy. And, I will be using the 800k of my money in bank. Not everyone using agents are "bypassing the rules".

Bert, which agent did you use?

On 2/16/2019 at 7:48 PM, Pattaya46 said:

Did you notice that many people reading your title + OP

will have no idea what you are talking about ?? :sad:

You got a quote for what? For a condo? 

Why is it important to know that the Real Estate agent is on a Non O visa ?

:unsure:

Your post seems to be about Extensions (Retirement Extension ?) but nowhere you say it... :mellow:

Yes....it was for an extension to a retirement visa. I also got a quote from a Soi Buakhao agency for 12, 900. Much more reasonable. They also said marriage visas were very hard to do. I do not renew until October. Should I try to lock in that fee by paying in advance and having it done in October???  Also, I am not talking about "money in the bank", I use the monthly method. Everyone else is talking 800 thousand in the bank. We are speaking two different languages. 

Edited by KhunFred

"Lives in Pattaya, naturally."

All of us living in Pattaya live here naturally. Why not just say "Lives in Pattaya"? There're private visa offices all over Thailand. Makes me think you're one of those who've never been here, yet enjoy knocking it. I love living in Pattaya NATURALLY!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, smedly said:

actually as I have already told a few people in discussions about this - they said they checked with their agent and all is fine for their next extension, the problem is when they go to renew that one in 12 months and it becomes clear that they didn't meet the specified requirements since then i.e. 800k balance 3 months after and maintain a 400k balance throughout the year - what then ?, they can't go back to the agent that took their money and complain when they are forced to leave the country because they broke the rules.

Yes the agent took their money and got them an extension why would they not, but are they guaranteeing they will not be caught when they renew the following year - No they are not !!!!!! 

In my case, I would not need an agent for the next year, since I will be able to show 12 monthly deposits as per the new rules. All agents I have talked to, tell me "no visa....no money paid".. The Soi Buakhao agent told me that marriage visas are very hard to get.  I don't know what is going on or how to sort it out.  The continued talk about the money in the bank method is confusing the whole issue. I have the required funds, but they are not all in Thailand.

Edited by KhunFred

On 2/16/2019 at 8:59 PM, from the home of CC said:

if I were wealthy I'd be going the elite route..

Don't forget that the Elite Visa is nothing more than a glorified Tourist Visa. It is NOT a non-immigrant visa. That means you can only get a 2 year Drivers License renewal and various other short comings.

• Confused 1

On 2/16/2019 at 7:53 PM, bkk6060 said:

Wrong, uninformed and judgemental.

I know several guys in Bangkok who are wealthy and have no time to waste going thru the process.

They can well afford an agent to do it for them.

Not all agent users are in your described category. Not even close.

Excellent post, I've mentioned this a few times. I know a couple of extremely wealthy guys here who use an agent and if I was in their position financially, so would I. It isn't too much hassle for me to jump through the hoops (yet), but I'd much prefer to be sat reading a good book whilst supping an ale on my balcony.