BANGKOK 23 March 2019 23:21
KhunFred

Just got a 25 thousand baht quote from an Aussie Real Estate agent on NOn Immigrant O . visa

6 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

There's no point. 

For 50k a year u get a 20 year elite visa (1mio thb) without all those problems. 

Try again.

That 20 year visa is 2 million Baht with an annual fee of 20k baht.

• Like 2

What ever this guy and the chinese thai lady were selling, not legal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Date Masamune said:

Live off it for two hours after you eat the plate of Som Tam you could afford with the interest dividend accrued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if you eat the somtam in the wrong place will it also cover the cost of the extra toilet rolls you'll have to buy??

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Happy Expat said:

Hi all,
Just an idea......

I am a 25 years living in Phuket expat, who moved to Cambodia with my Thai wife 3 years ago. 
It only costs me 290$ US a year here for a 1 year visa per person, there is no paper work, no photo, no address & any local tour joint can do it all in 7 days.
+ Beer is 50 US cents a can EVERYWHERE.
Our beloved prime minister here says, any fool can ride a 125 moto (no licence needed).

Why do you continue to live in the land of foolish expats? where you are not wanted.

Not sure I can post a 'like' but I hear what you are saying.

In the same circumstances I would still like to have enough to fall back on for a flight home for med' emergencies.  Not saying you haven't, just mentioning it.

😆

10 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Not sure if you're joking or not.  "i get to spend that 400,000".     Isn't that just short term borrowing from yourself?

Wonder if anyone thought about borrowing the equivalent  800K amount from ones  home country bank and repaying the interest with the  fee the  agent charges.

Other than the interest likely being 2x what an agent charges?

11 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

There's no point. 

For 50k a year u get a 20 year elite visa (1mio thb) without all those problems. 

Until such time as the Thai authorities decide to move the goalposts on that type of visa. I think the word I am looking for is overcapitalisation.

10 hours ago, Happy Expat said:

Hi all,
Just an idea......

I am a 25 years living in Phuket expat, who moved to Cambodia with my Thai wife 3 years ago. 
It only costs me 290$ US a year here for a 1 year visa per person, there is no paper work, no photo, no address & any local tour joint can do it all in 7 days.
+ Beer is 50 US cents a can EVERYWHERE.
Our beloved prime minister here says, any fool can ride a 125 moto (no licence needed).

Why do you continue to live in the land of foolish expats? where you are not wanted.

yep, visa's easy BUT you forgot to mention everything else BUT beer, ($.50 DRAFTS, NOT Cans)  an cigs is more expensive than Thailand

You dont have the medical, the roads are shit and you seldom have good selection of things wherever you are in the country. etc etc

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1

Some charge even more...whats even more of a con, on renewing my DL a few weeks ago, two guys doing theirs through an agent did everything I had to do, and one failed the test so had to come back the following day, all the agent does is go to Regents with them. I think the clock is ticking on that scam, tick toc, tick toc.

• Like 2

Another thing about Cambodia....The whole country smells but at least they drive on the RIGHT side of the road...

• Haha 1