BANGKOK 21 March 2019 12:28
Crossy

Anyone used Ukraine International Airlines?

Ukraine Air is just fine - one advantage now is that if you want extra legroom they have an Economy Premium section or you can pay extra for an exit row seat. I use them often when flying between Kiev and neighboring countries. Quite professional compared to other airlines in the region. They are quite picky about baggage weight rules in cabin and checked, so plan accordingly - they will charge you at the gate. 

As said, very basic. Get a seat with a working seatbelt, and mind the manure when you step out to go to the toilet. Enjoy.

If there's only 96 squid difference Finn > UIA go Finn, they have new A350 aircraft, way better and safer than an old Boeing bangers.

crap  can wait delays in Kiev   no info, food is less than normal.  crammed seating  .

1time enough but it as Always the budjet and what u put up with .

I must be completely outdated, didn't know Ukraine had national airline company always thout they only had

""The world's biggest plane, the Antonov An-225 Mriya, took to the skies Tuesday from Kiev Antonov airport outside the Ukrainian capital """"

yes I used them years ago planes were old and they had to tell one drunk guy to get off plane . but it seemed ok. I would just worry about ruskies shooting down the plane

Check the flight path.  If it crosses the Russian border at any time, don't do it.

Came by Uzbek once with stop over in Tashkent, nout wrong at all, good food and service.

On 2/18/2019 at 5:59 AM, kannot said:

FRiend used them and they were good, he  just vanished into...........Finnair!!

With material like that you would be welcome in the "Worse Jokes Ever" forum.

Used them last summer. The Kiev-Bangkok leg of the flight now uses brand new modern airplanes with onboard entertainment. Not the biggest legroom but fine. Food was ok. You have to pay for alcohol. The fight path avoids the troubled regions (Crimea, Eastern Ukraine) I had a good flight with them at a very good price. Would recommend.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 12:15 AM, Bigz said:

Used them last summer. The Kiev-Bangkok leg of the flight now uses brand new modern airplanes with onboard entertainment. Not the biggest legroom but fine. Food was ok. You have to pay for alcohol. The fight path avoids the troubled regions (Crimea, Eastern Ukraine) I had a good flight with them at a very good price. Would recommend.

Yeah...rite, brand new modern fourteen year old 'planes....

Perhaps you missed my earlier post. 

Thanks to everyone who has replied, we shall see what state they are in when they arrive.

By the way, they arrive on April 1st :whistling:

UIA.png.2124746f39db7eedd7f24c0e9d671370.png

Shown here to confirm what I wrote. If unlucky, you can get the ancient 767-300. If 'lucky' a fourteen year old 777-200.

Can't laugh, as BA uses a similar product for their London to Bangkok route.

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Thanks to everyone who has replied, we shall see what state they are in when they arrive.

By the way, they arrive on April 1st :whistling:

Arriving in one piece is the most important thing. A little bit of discomfort on the way is nothing.