Jump to content
BANGKOK 23 March 2019 12:07
notamember

Burapa Bike Week

Recommended Posts

Just spent an hour at Burapa BIKE week in South Pattaya

I was disappointed that the event has been hijacked by kids on monkey bikes, boom boom trucks spewing out rave ''music'' and custom cars

A usually great event has been ruined by obnoxious, spoiled kids pretending to be Gang Bangers

Last time for me

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been myself this afternoon, not especially enthralled
It does seem to be sliding into an average market and not really many decent customs to boot...



Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my mate just texted me from there, he said its like an outdoor rave, the electronic music is blasting over everything, he said you can barely hear the live band.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At 3.20 I was sat on Pattaya beach as all the bikes; and some cars; came by. They looked like mostly young Thais. Should that be unusual in Thailand? Have they pushed away the older farangs in any way? Is it just the way things are these days?

Edited by champers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ha ha same here, what i cant understand is letting all the bikes in to the event,  when there is a huge empty car park,  people too lazy to walk round using motorbikes to look at the stalls, with the narrow roads it was mayhem this afternoon, i was disappointed as this is the land of a million scooters , i did not see one stall pandering to their needs (me being one) the builds on some of those chop bikes , bloody death traps, no front brake ? so what does a thai mot  say, front brake, ? not have, ok pass. ?? i was going to pop back tonight but think i will prop up a bar somewhere else lol

Edited by mercman24
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

where exactly is it held these days ?

and when does it end ?

Edited by brokenbone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

where exactly is it held these days ?

and when does it end ?

i think tonight is the last night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, notamember said:

OK if you insist......

it was more of a question than an insistence.... South Pattaya or 

the indoor stadium  Chayapruck 2  ??????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, champers said:

At 3.20 I was sat on Pattaya beach as all the bikes; and some cars; came by. They looked like mostly young Thais. Should that be unusual in Thailand? Have they pushed away the older farangs in any way? Is it just the way things are these days?

pushed older farangs away? not whilst on a cruise around town, highly unlikely

however i expected to hear live rock music at the Burapa bike show as in previous years

this year  i could not hear it because of the house/rave music being blasted out over every thing else

 

was i as an older farang pushed away? 

yes by electronic car alarm 'music' and bass that made me feel like i was having a heart attack

add that to the Teen Thai Gangsta wannabes on monkey bikes confusing being rude with being tough and one hour was enough for me

maybe get off your perch at the beach and go look so that you can comment on the subject with some authority?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pick away to your hearts delight, you knew what i meant
 
Nope still none the wiser...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, notamember said:

pushed older farangs away? not whilst on a cruise around town, highly unlikely

however i expected to hear live rock music at the Burapa bike show as in previous years

this year  i could not hear it because of the house/rave music being blasted out over every thing else

 

was i as an older farang pushed away? 

yes by electronic car alarm 'music' and bass that made me feel like i was having a heart attack

add that to the Teen Thai Gangsta wannabes on monkey bikes confusing being rude with being tough and one hour was enough for me

maybe get off your perch at the beach and go look so that you can comment on the subject with some authority?

I would be more interested in the music than the bikes, but if it's inaudible I'll pass.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

been attending for years - last year was my last for some of the reasons already mentioned - gave it a miss this year - sounds like it was a good call

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...