Burapa Bike Week

notamember

Just spent an hour at Burapa BIKE week in South Pattaya

I was disappointed that the event has been hijacked by kids on monkey bikes, boom boom trucks spewing out rave ''music'' and custom cars

A usually great event has been ruined by obnoxious, spoiled kids pretending to be Gang Bangers

Last time for me

At 3.20 I was sat on Pattaya beach as all the bikes; and some cars; came by. They looked like mostly young Thais. Should that be unusual in Thailand? Have they pushed away the older farangs in any way? Is it just the way things are these days?

ha ha same here, what i cant understand is letting all the bikes in to the event,  when there is a huge empty car park,  people too lazy to walk round using motorbikes to look at the stalls, with the narrow roads it was mayhem this afternoon, i was disappointed as this is the land of a million scooters , i did not see one stall pandering to their needs (me being one) the builds on some of those chop bikes , bloody death traps, no front brake ? so what does a thai mot  say, front brake, ? not have, ok pass. ?? i was going to pop back tonight but think i will prop up a bar somewhere else lol

12 minutes ago, champers said:

At 3.20 I was sat on Pattaya beach as all the bikes; and some cars; came by. They looked like mostly young Thais. Should that be unusual in Thailand? Have they pushed away the older farangs in any way? Is it just the way things are these days?

pushed older farangs away? not whilst on a cruise around town, highly unlikely

however i expected to hear live rock music at the Burapa bike show as in previous years

this year  i could not hear it because of the house/rave music being blasted out over every thing else

was i as an older farang pushed away? 

yes by electronic car alarm 'music' and bass that made me feel like i was having a heart attack

add that to the Teen Thai Gangsta wannabes on monkey bikes confusing being rude with being tough and one hour was enough for me

maybe get off your perch at the beach and go look so that you can comment on the subject with some authority?

1 hour ago, notamember said:

pushed older farangs away? not whilst on a cruise around town, highly unlikely

however i expected to hear live rock music at the Burapa bike show as in previous years

this year  i could not hear it because of the house/rave music being blasted out over every thing else

was i as an older farang pushed away? 

yes by electronic car alarm 'music' and bass that made me feel like i was having a heart attack

add that to the Teen Thai Gangsta wannabes on monkey bikes confusing being rude with being tough and one hour was enough for me

maybe get off your perch at the beach and go look so that you can comment on the subject with some authority?

I would be more interested in the music than the bikes, but if it's inaudible I'll pass.

11 hours ago, smedly said:

been attending for years - last year was my last for some of the reasons already mentioned - gave it a miss this year - sounds like it was a good call

Looked like there was many like you.

Compared to past years, I thought attendance was well down.

23 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Looked like there was many like you.

Compared to past years, I thought attendance was well down.

Not according to Tommy off 103FM who was spouting his usual sycophantic ramblings about how great it was.

He must have sore knees & be able to breathe through his nose.

IMO broadcasters have a duty to tell some true some of the time.

Archived