When can I come back. How long can I stay. How often can I come back?

i know I have to go, and I will go.  I did not think about when I can come back, how many times I can come back, and how long I can stay, in a one year period.  I am only used to the long visa I was using for some years.  Now I must use tourist visa.  Will the toursist visa rules change with all the people that can not get the long visas and will be coming back on tourist visas.  Any news on this?

Edited by Thailand Outcast

Is it two per year or something like this? Can you get a 60 day visa and extend for 30 days, then leave Thailand for 3 months, then you can can come back?  Can I live 6 months of the year in Thailand with tourist visas and live 6 months of the year somewhere else?  I think this may be a popular consideration for people. 

14 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

Is it two per year or something like this? Can you get a 60 day visa and extend for 30 days, then leave Thailand for 3 months, then you can can come back?  Can I live 6 months of the year in Thailand with tourist visas and live 6 months of the year somewhere else?  

There are no written rules on how long you can stay on tourist visas.

You can get back to back single entry tourist visas without a problem.

Best to get a multiple entry tourist visa in your home country that allows unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date of issue. You can get almost 9 months of total stay from it by doing an entry just before it expires and extending that 60 days for 30 days.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Best to get a multiple entry tourist visa in your home country that allows unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date of issue. You can get almost 9 months of total stay from it by doing an entry just before it expires and extending that 60 days for 30 days.

I remember something like this.  It was ok before.  Do you think this will change with the thousands of people going out of Thailand and coming back on the system you describe? 

4 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

Do you think this will change with the thousands of people going out of Thailand and coming back on the system you describe? 

No and I don't think there will be thousands leaving. I think most be people will adjust to the changes.

• Like 2

A lot of people talking about not staying here anymore.  If they do these adjustments and stay, what are all of these changes for?  Maybe give more money to the Thai banking system? If the tourist visa rules stay the same, that's ok.  I can live 6 months Thailand and 6 months somewhere else, but it is difficult to chose the other place.  I ask this question on a different forum.   

3 minutes ago, Christophers200 said:

Wisely invest and the Thai Banking system pays the investor. 

I just input money into the Thai economy, not so much the  Thai bank system, over several years.  They will not miss me or my money.  I know that and it's fine.  I must now look at living somewhere other than Thailand.  I did not think to ask about the rules for coming back sometimes, so now I ask.  Ubonjoe says not many will leave and come back using tourist visas.  The time will tell for this.   I think if many leave and come back on tourist visas that will be the next visa rule change. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

This astonds me. "You can get back to back setv without a problem" Does that mean guaranteed entry at bkk airports?

You serious. Why so many threads and posts indicating opposite experience. ....one comes to mind chap with setv from Saigon refused entry DM. Flown back to Saigon. Refused entry. They flown to UK.

Many others. 

Edited by DrJack54
Error

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

This astonds me. "You can get back to back setv without a problem" Does that mean guaranteed entry at bkk airports?

You serious. Why so many threads and posts indicating opposite experience. ....one comes to mind chap with setv from Saigon refused entry DM. Flown back to Saigon. Refused entry. They flown to UK.

Many others. 

I read about the young people having this tourist visa problem.  I think now many older people will be in this same group as the younger people and maybe they change the rule again to stop the many people using the tourist visas to stay here each year.

2 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

I read about the young people having this tourist visa problem.  I think now many older people will be in this same group as the younger people and maybe they change the rule again to stop the many people using the tourist visas to stay here each year.

Nothing is going to prevent a person from using a tourist visa for a holiday and then returning home. 

6 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

you cant use tourist visas to live here permanently

2 minutes ago, Christophers200 said:

It seems that many of those under 50 claim to be independently wealthy and have no need to work - Believe that if you wish.

No problem they work or not work for me.  If they can do it, I think I can also, but I do not work.  I think many other people will start this method in the future and then they must change that rule also.  Then it stops for everyone, young and old.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

No problem they work or not work for me.  If they can do it, I think I can also, but I do not work.  I think many other people will start this method in the future and then they must change that rule also.  Then it stops for everyone, young and old.   

Time will prove you to be right or wrong - Were I a betting man my money would be on the latter. 

3 minutes ago, Christophers200 said:

Time will prove you to be right or wrong - Were I a betting man my money would be on the latter. 

I think it will change because there will be so many people doing it in the future, but the time will tell.  Maybe that is short term solution for many people problem but I will still look for permanent solution in different country.  I accept the inevitable problem for me but if I can prolong until the new rule change I will do it. 

5 minutes ago, madmen said:

Your all over the visa threads sprouting everything will change and everything will stop for everyone in the future but you have zero proof. Your making stuff up and creating drama and muddying the waters for no reason. There are people trying to gain real information so take a deep breath and relax and give your crystal ball a rest eh?

I will look to the tourists visa after my visa finish.  Maybe many others do the same. Do you think they will let us all do this?  I have no proof they will change tourist visa law, but I think they will because so many will move to this visa.  You don't think this will happen?

1 minute ago, Thailand Outcast said:

I think it will change because there will be so many people doing it in the future, but the time will tell.  Maybe that is short term solution for many people problem but I will still look for permanent solution in different country.  I accept the inevitable problem for me but if I can prolong until the new rule change I will do it. 

As someone else observed your doom&gloom predictions are without foundation and are becoming very boring so please give it a rest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

I would be happy with 9 months holiday here every year like Ubonjoe says but I think they will stop everyone doing this.  I think what they do to the older people will also effect the young people with tourist in the future.  

? Ubonjoe stated there is no limit to setv...so go for it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Thailand Outcast said:

I would be happy with 9 months holiday here every year like Ubonjoe says but I think they will stop everyone doing this.  I think what they do to the older people will also effect the young people with tourist in the future.  

You can get these nine months with just one METV from your own country per year. 

14 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

You can get these nine months with just one METV from your own country per year. 

I will do this.  I worry they will say you are going from a long stay visa to a tourist visa and maybe they refuse.  I don't know.  I can try.  Maybe they will give the first time and then no more.  Not everyone will put the money to the Thai bank account so they will try this way.  Maybe they will block this way because too many people do it. 

On 2/17/2019 at 1:13 AM, Christophers200 said:

Nothing is going to prevent a person from using a tourist visa for a holiday and then returning home. 

Yes, but how many holidays can you have here in a year?  How often can these holidays be?  How long can each holiday be?  The tourist visa may become the default visa of those people forced to leave.  I expect to see more media stories about rules changes for people who have lived here for years, going out and coming back in on tourist visas, en masse. 

On 2/17/2019 at 7:18 AM, lamyai3 said:

It is the simple solution and I will do it.  I will live here the most time I can on the tourist visa, until they stop that way.  They must stop that way.  So many people will change to it.  

No big money in Thai bank, np paper work, no reporting, easy.  Visit famliy back home for a few weeks and pick up new visas,  Have a hoiday in another place in the area, and come back Thaiand for 9 months.  So funny to do like this.   

• Like 2