BANGKOK 22 March 2019 02:38
Spidey

Romantic 4 Days in Phuket.

A friend is visiting Thailand for World Superbikes in March. Wants to take his girlfriend to Phuket for a few days. Both he and I have been to Patong before and it would be a bit "full on" for a romantic long weekend.

Looking for somewhere with nightlife, and good beach, Also plans trips round the islands so not too far from boat terminal would be an advantage. Primarily looking for recommendations on location but also looking for restaurants serving both Thai and Western food. Hotel recommendations would also be appreciated.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Spidey said:

but also looking for restaurants serving both Thai and Western food. 

Almost ANY restaurant in Phuket, Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai...........

13 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Almost ANY restaurant in Phuket, Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai...........

Can mainly speak for Bangkok and Pattaya. Not many restaurants serve good Thai and good farang food. Usually either one or the other. Either the Thai food's crap or the Western food's crap.

Thanks for your input.

3 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

is this from google translate?

I'm English, I don't need Google Translate.

More excellent input.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Not many restaurants serve good Thai and good farang food. Usually either one or the other. Either the Thai food's crap or the Western food's crap.

Ok, granted, but you're not going to have two meals at the same time are you? Feeling like Thai food go to a Thai place, feeling nostalgic go Western. It's not complicated if you think a little.

28 minutes ago, Bang Bang said:

Ok, granted, but you're not going to have two meals at the same time are you? Feeling like Thai food go to a Thai place, feeling nostalgic go Western. It's not complicated if you think a little.

His friend and his girlfriend, so too complicated for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Check out Kamala, kata and Karon. Close enough for trips, especially the latter 2, good restaurants and bars in all and especially in the mountains some romantic places.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

His friend and his girlfriend, so too complicated for you.

But but he said romantic. When I have a romantic dinner with my gf she puts food in mouth, I put little things in hers, we make goo goo eyes at each other and chirping noises which is actually code for the lascivious activities to ensue when we get back home.

Separate dishes, Thai/Farang, sounds like a business meal with a hooker. Lordie, wrong thread.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Bang Bang said:

My friend will only eat Western food. His girlfriend only eats Thai food.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, stevenl said:

Check out Kamala, kata and Karon. Close enough for trips, especially the latter 2, good restaurants and bars in all and especially in the mountains some romantic places.

Just back from Kamala. There are some very good bi-food restaurants......and some shitty ones.

Try the Moon Rock Bar, no food but great music. Tell him Mr William from Manchester City sent you !

Edited by wgdanson
  • Thanks 1

I think the choice of hotel is as important as the area given the criteria. A small, intimate boutique hotel would be preferable to a place full of Russian package tourists. There are plenty around but it depends upon budget. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I think the choice of hotel is as important as the area given the criteria. A small, intimate boutique hotel would be preferable to a place full of Russian package tourists. There are plenty around but it depends upon budget. 

Looking at Kamala. Mid range. 12-1500/night. Preferably with decent pool.

Edited by Spidey

Rawai has many restaurants (French, Italian, German etc.), great beaches, boat trips, many small resorts. I reckon it would suit your needs.

• Like 1