Romantic 4 Days in Phuket.

Spidey

A friend is visiting Thailand for World Superbikes in March. Wants to take his girlfriend to Phuket for a few days. Both he and I have been to Patong before and it would be a bit "full on" for a romantic long weekend.

Looking for somewhere with nightlife, and good beach, Also plans trips round the islands so not too far from boat terminal would be an advantage. Primarily looking for recommendations on location but also looking for restaurants serving both Thai and Western food. Hotel recommendations would also be appreciated.

13 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Almost ANY restaurant in Phuket, Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai...........

Can mainly speak for Bangkok and Pattaya. Not many restaurants serve good Thai and good farang food. Usually either one or the other. Either the Thai food's crap or the Western food's crap.

Thanks for your input.

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Not many restaurants serve good Thai and good farang food. Usually either one or the other. Either the Thai food's crap or the Western food's crap.

Ok, granted, but you're not going to have two meals at the same time are you? Feeling like Thai food go to a Thai place, feeling nostalgic go Western. It's not complicated if you think a little.

18 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

His friend and his girlfriend, so too complicated for you.

But but he said romantic. When I have a romantic dinner with my gf she puts food in mouth, I put little things in hers, we make goo goo eyes at each other and chirping noises which is actually code for the lascivious activities to ensue when we get back home.

Separate dishes, Thai/Farang, sounds like a business meal with a hooker. Lordie, wrong thread.

9 hours ago, Bang Bang said:

Ok, granted, but you're not going to have two meals at the same time are you? Feeling like Thai food go to a Thai place, feeling nostalgic go Western. It's not complicated if you think a little.

My friend will only eat Western food. His girlfriend only eats Thai food.

9 hours ago, stevenl said:

Check out Kamala, kata and Karon. Close enough for trips, especially the latter 2, good restaurants and bars in all and especially in the mountains some romantic places.

Just back from Kamala. There are some very good bi-food restaurants......and some shitty ones.

Try the Moon Rock Bar, no food but great music. Tell him Mr William from Manchester City sent you !

9 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I think the choice of hotel is as important as the area given the criteria. A small, intimate boutique hotel would be preferable to a place full of Russian package tourists. There are plenty around but it depends upon budget. 

Looking at Kamala. Mid range. 12-1500/night. Preferably with decent pool.

I would consider somewhere like Cloud 19 at Khao Kad, Cape Panwa.   Great setting, in what is a relatively quiet area, though with quite a few restaurants of differing types a short distance away (including the ever popular The Beach Bar, about 300 metres further along the beach) at Ao Yon and the Aquarium area at the tip of Panwa.    Great sunsets across Ao Chalong towards Laem Promthep and Big Buddha.  Long tail and other boats are available to the nearer islands (Coral, Mai Ton etc), and a reasonable 20 minute or so from Chalong Pier where the further islands such as Phi Phi, James Bond, Racha etc leave from. 

On 2/16/2019 at 10:05 PM, Bang Bang said:

He may not have two meals at once, but someone in his party may want Western while another wants Thai.

On 2/16/2019 at 9:57 PM, Bang Bang said:

But but he said romantic. When I have a romantic dinner with my gf she puts food in mouth, I put little things in hers, we make goo goo eyes at each other and chirping noises

oh geez... I am going to eat at home from now on... ruined my appetite

On 2/17/2019 at 9:57 AM, pagallim said:

I would consider somewhere like Cloud 19 at Khao Kad, Cape Panwa.   Great setting, in what is a relatively quiet area, though with quite a few restaurants of differing types a short distance away (including the ever popular The Beach Bar, about 300 metres further along the beach) at Ao Yon and the Aquarium area at the tip of Panwa.    Great sunsets across Ao Chalong towards Laem Promthep and Big Buddha.  Long tail and other boats are available to the nearer islands (Coral, Mai Ton etc), and a reasonable 20 minute or so from Chalong Pier where the further islands such as Phi Phi, James Bond, Racha etc leave from. 

Cape Panwa is great. I spent 6 months on the cape with my wife and never tired of the area or driving around the cape itself from the Chalong side around to the promenade at the Cape. Some romantic memories for sure.

I would consider somewhere like Cloud 19 at Khao Kad, Cape Panwa.   Great setting, in what is a relatively quiet area, though with quite a few restaurants of differing types a short distance away (including the ever popular The Beach Bar, about 300 metres further along the beach) at Ao Yon and the Aquarium area at the tip of Panwa.   

And The Cloud 19 restaurant serves both Thai and Farang food and it’s great. The suite on the pool level was not expensive when we stayed there off season.

On 2/17/2019 at 9:55 AM, Spidey said:

Looking at Kamala. Mid range. 12-1500/night. Preferably with decent pool.

Good idea.

close to Patong, but not too close. One of the best beaches on west coast.

Strongly suggest they have drinks and/or dinner at vanilla sky roof bar(Cape Sienna Hotel, Kamala). Probably the best sunset view bar/restaurant in the entire phuket.

ps- happy hour 5pm-6pm.

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Who knew there was so much romance lurking within the hearts of so many Thaivisa members?

Belies the oft repeated description on the forum of fat, boozy, sexpats anchored to the ubiquitous bar stool.

The guy I was asking on behalf of isn't a TV member.

Has visited me here in Thailand several times. He is single but doesn't go short of female company in the UK. Besotted with Thai women but would never pay for sex. Put him in touch with an old friend of my wife's who is divorced and runs a small restaurant in Buriram. They corresponded for months and he finally came over in December to meet her. He was very wary, at first, but by the end of his holiday they were inseparable. They speak on the phone/video call every day. The plan was for him to come over in March, attend WSB in Buriram and then for them to go off together to further their relationship. A normal love story for any couple from any country in the world, separated by a great distance.

Unfortunately, he has just received news that his long awaited knee operation coincides with the date of his planned visit. Cancelled the hotel in Buriram and now will probably wait until MotoGP in October to visit. They're both gutted. However, all the advice isn't wasted as he plans to take her to Phuket when he eventually does come over.

16 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The guy I was asking on behalf of isn't a TV member.

Has visited me here in Thailand several times. He is single but doesn't go short of female company in the UK. Besotted with Thai women but would never pay for sex. Put him in touch with an old friend of my wife's who is divorced and runs a small restaurant in Buriram. They corresponded for months and he finally came over in December to meet her. He was very wary, at first, but by the end of his holiday they were inseparable. They speak on the phone/video call every day. The plan was for him to come over in March, attend WSB in Buriram and then for them to go off together to further their relationship. A normal love story for any couple from any country in the world, separated by a great distance.

Unfortunately, he has just received news that his long awaited knee operation coincides with the date of his planned visit. Cancelled the hotel in Buriram and now will probably wait until MotoGP in October to visit. They're both gutted. However, all the advice isn't wasted as he plans to take her to Phuket when he eventually does come over.

I was referring, in what I thought was a light hearted manner, to some of the responses from members to your initial query.

However, thankyou for the response giving detailed insights into your friend's life, love, travails and future plans.

1 minute ago, Old Croc said:

I was referring, in what I thought was a light hearted manner, to some of the responses from members to your initial query.

However, thankyou for the response giving detailed insights into your friend's life, love, travails and future plans.

Yes, sorry, I did get it, I too was commenting on the usual TV cynics.

On 2/19/2019 at 11:14 PM, Chainsaw said:

Rawai has many restaurants (French, Italian, German etc.), great beaches, boat trips, many small resorts. I reckon it would suit your needs.

But you'll need a motorbike to navigate to the beaches nearby not sure if that is in the cards?

9 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

But you'll need a motorbike to navigate to the beaches nearby not sure if that is in the cards?

My mate has lived on bikes all his life. Currently owns 3. Usually borrows mine when he's over here. I'm sure that he'll want a bike on Phuket. Is there anywhere on Phuket that hires out something a bit bigger than the usual scooters?

14 minutes ago, Spidey said:

My mate has lived on bikes all his life. Currently owns 3. Usually borrows mine when he's over here. I'm sure that he'll want a bike on Phuket. Is there anywhere on Phuket that hires out something a bit bigger than the usual scooters?

Sure, many places, too many to point them out.

Archived