Thai woman murdered in Phuket - police search for Greek husband

Jonathan Fairfield

Thai woman murdered in Phuket - police search for Greek husband

Screenshot 2562-02-16 at 20.57.41.png

Image: Daily News

Police are searching for a Greek man after a woman was found murdered in Phuket.

On Saturday, police were called to a rented room the Cherngtalay area of the island. Inside they found the battered body of the 44 year old woman.

Police say the woman had been been gagged and had her hands and feet tied. She had been dead for between 4 or 5 days.

Inside the room, the air conditioning had been left on and there was signs of a struggle. The woman had suffered wounds to her forehead and bruising to her body, Daily News reported.

The alarm was raised by the woman’s sister, who found the body and contacted the police.

The woman’s sister told police the Greek man, named as Dimitrios Chakaropolous, 43, (name transliterated) was jealous as his wife was still in regular contact with her ex husband, with police investigating this as a possible motive for the murder.

However, Daily News reported that Greek man left Thailand for Greece on February 11th.

This is a developing news story, more info as we get it.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-16

A totally cowardly act, and  being a farang, I will quote the 'fragile male ego' usually reserved for Thai males on this forum.

I don't think Greece has an extradition treaty with Thailand, so it could prove difficult to bring him back here to face justice

Why these people don't just walk away from these relationships, fuelled with jealousy, and just get on with their own lives, I just don't know.

R.I.P. to the lady.

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Why these people don't just walk away from these relationships, fuelled with jealousy, and just get on with their own lives, I just don't know.

One in a hundred people is a psychopath. 

16 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

A totally cowardly act, and  being a farang, I will quote the 'fragile male ego' usually reserved for Thai males on this forum.

I don't think Greece has an extradition treaty with Thailand, so it could prove difficult to bring him back here to face justice

R.I.P. to the lady.

Hmm. I guess this guy wasn't accepting the cheating thai girl who he probably took care of. To bad for the girl that she met a guy who didn't understand how things work here

1 hour ago, sead said:

Hmm. I guess this guy wasn't accepting the cheating thai girl who he probably took care of. To bad for the girl that she met a guy who didn't understand how things work here

That is just what you imagine , it wasnt stated that she was cheating on him

On 2/16/2019 at 5:28 AM, Aussieroaming said:

Hope he gets a fair trial and RIP to the lady. Whomever killed her deserves the same treatment.

Thailand has no extradition treaties with Greece, it was reported he has already left  Thailand:  following is excerpt of the law:   

"At present, Thailand has extradition treaties with 14 countries - the US, UK, Canada, China, Belgium, Philippines, Indonesia, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, South Korea, Bangladesh, Fiji, and Australia."

Cheers

Archived