Early morning arrival

luis888

Check the scheduled arrivals. If there are multiple wide bodies arriving from China and Gulf states, then it will be a  zoo.  I have only arrived  in business class, at this hour and it is about 10 minutes or so wait in the Premium line. The  most recent time I arrived was on TG, but they have the expedited line in general service so it was about 15 minutes. It did look rather grim for the regular passengers with perhaps 20 minute waits.  Compared to other airports BKK still goes faster. 

On a bright note, if you have arrived in BKK all is well, even if you have to wait a bit at the immigration line, you are still back in the LOS.

It doesn’t matter if you arrive biz or pay for the VIP meet and greet coz you always end up waiting fir your luggage ( if you have ).

It’s one of the worst airports I experienced for waiting fir luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 2/17/2019 at 11:17 AM, JaiLai said:

It doesn’t matter if you arrive biz or pay for the VIP meet and greet coz you always end up waiting fir your luggage ( if you have ).

It’s one of the worst airports I experienced for waiting fir luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I wasn't planning on taking any luggage but now I may bring a suitcase but waiting for the bags is much easier to tolerate than the passport queue.

Thank you to all that replied, I've booked and paid the 1200 Baht, I'll let you guys know if it was a good investment.

In December I paid for me and my wife, it was well worth it for me, but the wife was a waste of money as she's Thai.

Thanks again for the input

1 minute ago, luis888 said:

Thank you to all that replied, I've booked and paid the 1200 Baht, I'll let you guys know if it was a good investment.

In December I paid for me and my wife, it was well worth it for me, but the wife was a waste of money as she's Thai.

Thanks again for the input

Well surely you went through with her didnt you ?

I have always gone through the Thai gate with the wife, stay together (as we were instructed along time ago)

29 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I have always gone through the Thai gate with the wife, stay together (as we were instructed along time ago)

How does that work with the auto gates?  Pretty sure there are no manned Thai gates any more.

Just now, josephbloggs said:

How does that work with the auto gates?  Pretty sure there are no manned Thai gates any more.

In all honesty, no idea, never used auto gates, may be things have moved on and its no longer possible if they are no longer manned and its all automated now. My last through was a year ago.

31 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

No I didn't, I used to before the automatic gates were used, I don't think you can go through them.

Autogates are only for Permanent Resident Holders who have registered to use autogates and those who hold a Hong Kong or Singapore passport (separate gates to those for Thai PP holders). It may be possible to use the lanes next to the Autogates with or without your wife, but this probabaly depends on how busy the lanes are and who the Immigration Officer allowing people into this is. As I have been using the Autogates for a few years I cannot say from experience.

Archived