Exclusive: Meth 'disaster' for region as seizures surge in Thailand

rooster59

13 minutes ago, digger70 said:

It's depend on the use, normal use is the same as prescribed meds for weight loss, duromine (on script)and other meds like oxblood for energy(on script) and Tramadol (on script ) for pain . But it's like any Drug Take more and more for a High and go stupid  they Will Kill you. I am on Tramadol and paracetamol now for 9 years  for chronic ostioatrhitis pain ,, No probs,,

There are side effects of all drugs including those  we term "safe". If you have been on an opioid like tramadol for 9 years, you are in effect addicted to the  drug. If you were to stop, you would demonstrate classic withdrawal. As you age, you will be more likely to have issues related to balance and breathing. It's fine for short term pain relief and for patients who are dying, but one must always exercise caution with opioids that are prescribed for extended use. Glad you have no problems. Your liver may disagree.  

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Let me guess, you have no idea what the words you use mean and when confronted by someone who does you automatically assume that if they are not also using a word in the same incorrect way as yourself then they must therefor be an idiot? 

I will help you out, there is no cocaine plant but that does not make it a synthetic substance.

Did you really think that all that did in its current state must be synthetic?  Is there a beer tree?

Unrelenting.

No, but beer and wine occur naturally in nature. In another post I also stated I was ok with distilled processes for alcohol.

The process of natural processes  of fermentation is entirely different than the synthesis of cocaine and heroin. Entirely.

58 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

So you would outlaw prescription drugs but would legalize heroin, that is what you have made perfectly clear in what did appear until your confirmation as being nothing but a halfbaked plan made all the sillier by a poor choice of wording, up to you I suppose.

No, they would remain legal and available under perscription. Of course.

Chewing coca and kratom legal. Weed legal.

Opium would be decriminalized.

Hashish oil illegal. Hash legal depending on process. Just for consistencies sake.

Absolutely. I have zero tolerance for meth and even less than that for ice. Look what Duarte is doing in Philippines to stave it off and still it grows unabated. I'd occupy those two states and burn every opium field and meth factory and publicly hang anyone involved over 16 years of age. Boom, done.

I thought that meth and ice are both the same thing?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, ozmeldo said:

Unrelenting.

No, but beer and wine occur naturally in nature. In another post I also stated I was ok with distilled processes for alcohol.

The process of natural processes  of fermentation is entirely different than the synthesis of cocaine and heroin. Entirely.

Cocaine also occurs naturally in nature, as I just made clear it is produced by the plant and its extraction does not result in something synthetic, it doesn't even take a process, its already there in the plant naturally so certainly not a synthetic.

Morphine also occurs naturally in nature, turning it into heroin through the use of synthetic chemicals does not make it a synthetic substance, that would defy science.

Differing processes does not mean that one simply must be natural while the other simply must be synthetic, that is just your clearly very limited knowledge.

You were saying something about an idiot while making these idiotic posts, how embarrassing for you.

3 minutes ago, ozmeldo said:

No, they would remain legal and available under perscription. Of course.

Chewing coca and kratom legal. Weed legal.

Opium would be decriminalized.

Hashish oil illegal. Hash legal depending on process. Just for consistencies sake.

So now nothing at all to do with synthetic vs natural, now just a list created on the hoof since you've realized you were misunderstanding the word synthetic?

What process determines in your mind what is synthetic and what is natural?

Note how Thailand wasn’t blamed for anything other than consumption. It’s no secret that Thailand also manufactures it. There have been new reports of Thai labs raided, but now it’s a Myanmar thing. 

Jusy once I would like to see them own something.

Please bear in mind, this huge quantity of "meth" is not just for Thailand. One of the main trafficking routes from the Burmese (Myanmar) factories across the border, producing the drug on an industrial scale, heads south for Cambodia, Malaysia and Singapore then possibly onward to other international destinations.

5 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Please bear in mind, this huge quantity of "meth" is not just for Thailand. One of the main trafficking routes from the Burmese (Myanmar) factories across the border, producing the drug on an industrial scale, heads south for Cambodia, Malaysia and Singapore then possibly onward to other international destinations.

One of their biggest markets these days is Bangladesh and they are now expanding into India.

55 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

There are side effects of all drugs including those  we term "safe". If you have been on an opioid like tramadol for 9 years, you are in effect addicted to the  drug. If you were to stop, you would demonstrate classic withdrawal. As you age, you will be more likely to have issues related to balance and breathing. It's fine for short term pain relief and for patients who are dying, but one must always exercise caution with opioids that are prescribed for extended use. Glad you have no problems. Your liver may disagree.  

This is simply not true.

3 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Studies have shown that 3% of amphetamine users become regular users, unlike tobaccos 50%, so clearly it is not all that 'extremely' addictive after all.

You are mistaken, sir, or looking at the wrong research. I not only have personal experience, but having lived in the centre ov Amsterdam vor 50 years have MUCH experience with meth addicts. It is not overnight, but a slippery slope, and 3 months into meth is enough or a live time addiction. It is extremely hard to kick this habbit, and the withdrawal symptoms are 1000 times worse than to stop smoking cigarettes. Also, there is irreparable brain damage avter prolonged use.

The war on drugs will never be won as indicated by the amount confiscated.

Perhaps more countries should take Portugul's lead and de-criminalize all drugs. Portugal has seen a vast decrease in drug related cases and crime as a whole for the past 10 years since de-criminalization

8 hours ago, canopy said:

Astonishing considering the population is 70 million. I know nothing of the stuff but if everyone is using it maybe it's time to legalize instead of throw more money at the futile effort of seizures.

Nasty drug which cause fast dependency and frequently associated with psychosis and aggression.

3 minutes ago, Blue bruce said:

The war on drugs will never be won as indicated by the amount confiscated.

Perhaps more countries should take Portugul's lead and de-criminalize all drugs. Portugal has seen a vast decrease in drug related cases and crime as a whole for the past 10 years since de-criminalization

And less people in jails giving a large budget saving and more rehab programs 

54 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

One of their biggest markets these days is Bangladesh and they are now expanding into India.

Flight crews from an Asian budget airline recently arrested in Australia carrying quantities of the stuff.

Just hope neither  the cockpit crews nor the flight crews indulged before or during duties 

10 hours ago, mok199 said:

With a minimum wage of peanuts and little chance for a better future addictions run wild....PEOPLE NEED A DIGNIFIED WAGE...

Not possible in Thailand, sadly .

Drug dealers including  farang  dealers ,  are abundant in Issan , supplies from Laos.

I know many people that do meths and yaba in Thailand some have no problem with it and some it destroys them. It appears when people start injecting it is a major problem as a friend told me that he had 2 friends die in a week after starting to do this.

I am in England right now and its now the drug of choice in Brighton. But if I go back to Pattaya if I wanted the stuff I could get it in 20 minutes its everywhere.

For those people who say go and bomb were they make it, well that would be impossible as its made in the back of Army lorries and are driven to many places so they avoid being well know. A yaba tablet costs 1 baht to make and can sell in Pattaya for 250 to 300 baht each. If you are poor like a great many Thais how can they turn this profit down. Around 70% of Thai prisons are full of people who maybe had half a gram of ice / meths or 3 or 4 yaba tablets. They can spend a year in jail for this. The only people making huge profits are the big dealers some house hold names (no i am not going to say i like breathing) who never get caught and the police who take money of anyone they catch so they don't go to prison for a year.  To stop this insane problem making the stuff legal and dealing with the users and trying to help them is the only way. Have I used this stuff yes many times lucky for me it has never been a problem stopping and have no urge to go and get some as in Brighton it would only take 40 odd minutes.

1 hour ago, jamesy9368 said:

I know many people that do meths and yaba in Thailand some have no problem with it and some it destroys them. It appears when people start injecting it is a major problem as a friend told me that he had 2 friends die in a week after starting to do this.

I am in England right now and its now the drug of choice in Brighton. But if I go back to Pattaya if I wanted the stuff I could get it in 20 minutes its everywhere.

For those people who say go and bomb were they make it, well that would be impossible as its made in the back of Army lorries and are driven to many places so they avoid being well know. A yaba tablet costs 1 baht to make and can sell in Pattaya for 250 to 300 baht each. If you are poor like a great many Thais how can they turn this profit down. Around 70% of Thai prisons are full of people who maybe had half a gram of ice / meths or 3 or 4 yaba tablets. They can spend a year in jail for this. The only people making huge profits are the big dealers some house hold names (no i am not going to say i like breathing) who never get caught and the police who take money of anyone they catch so they don't go to prison for a year.  To stop this insane problem making the stuff legal and dealing with the users and trying to help them is the only way. Have I used this stuff yes many times lucky for me it has never been a problem stopping and have no urge to go and get some as in Brighton it would only take 40 odd minutes.

wow so the price is 250 - 300 in pattaya but everywhere else it is as low as 10 baht - 100 baht

3 hours ago, ta158 said:

wow so the price is 250 - 300 in pattaya but everywhere else it is as low as 10 baht - 100 baht

It’s the same price in Patong your paying 10-100 baht if your buying in bulk and then selling the shit so get a clue before talking rubbish 

The Thai army bring it in make there $$$then the police pinch a pissy 8 tonnes whilst making a fortune of the other 20 tonnes that they were paid not to pinch not to mention putting the 8 back on the market after all pic’s and talking shit is done not before blaming everyone else for Thailand’s problems cause Thai’s are all Angels and do no wrong so it goes around in circles the only people going to jail are the victims/addicts and hard up street dealers and trust me no sentence for the smallest of sale/s is under 2-1/2 years I know a girl Thai first offence that just got 8 years for selling 1 point and the buy was set up through the police using an informant that they had just pinched doing the same thing it’s only the ones that won’t then set someone else up that go to prison

21 hours ago, Bullie said:

You are mistaken, sir, or looking at the wrong research. I not only have personal experience, but having lived in the centre ov Amsterdam vor 50 years have MUCH experience with meth addicts. It is not overnight, but a slippery slope, and 3 months into meth is enough or a live time addiction. It is extremely hard to kick this habbit, and the withdrawal symptoms are 1000 times worse than to stop smoking cigarettes. Also, there is irreparable brain damage avter prolonged use.

If the research doesn't agree with you then it is "the wrong research"????

Please present some evidence that supports your claim as your having lived in the center of a city and having witnessed amphetamine addicts obviously tells us nothing at all about the percentage of users who become addicted.

On 2/17/2019 at 8:32 PM, Oziex1 said:

Time for slick military operations to deal with the problem. Raid the labs,  air strikes whatever it takes. 

As has been stated many times previously on this very thread, if they could do it then they would have won the war against the Shan kingdom 50 years ago.

Archived