BANGKOK 27 March 2019 05:11
rooster59

Exclusive: Meth 'disaster' for region as seizures surge in Thailand

2 hours ago, canopy said:

A lot of things cause people to kill others. Alcohol. Way too many innocent people are killed on the road and elsewhere by it every year. Should it be banned? Where is your story about the 2 old ladies run over by a drunk? Why is there a double standard?

You are flogging a dead horse, for better or worse alcohol is legal but meth isn't. Thailand has a problem if the Burma Army will do nothing bomb the labs. That will cause a down turn for a bit then bomb again sooner or later they will get the message. America has it's meth problem hard to control when someone can set up a lab. in the back of a pick up

4 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

How about respecting their legal claim to sovereignty?

😁 okay Mahatma...

If a nation poses a huge threat to their neighbors stability, you see no reason to at least threaten to bomb the region the neighbor has clearly lost control of...

1 minute ago, ParadiseLost said:

Perhaps also remove punishment for family members sorting out the problem in-house? Today if a parent beats a thieving child, or an abused wife stabs her yabba crazed husband, they are in a lot of trouble. This serves to encourage addicts to abuse those around them with impunity. The law should start at home.

I can understand your point, but if fact you are proposing that beating children or stabbing husbands should be legalised, so i don't think we have a solution here.

Just now, ParadiseLost said:

😁 okay Mahatma...

If a nation poses a huge threat to their neighbors stability, you see no reason to at least threaten to bomb the region the neighbor has clearly lost control of...

Oh, do you believe in bombing as a way to solve the problems ?

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I can understand your point, but if fact you are proposing that beating children or stabbing husbands should be legalised, so i don't think we have a solution here.

I mean if meth, or for that matter any other mind altering substance is shown to be the contributing factor. As it is in self defense cases.

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Oh, do you believe in bombing as a way to solve the problems ?

I see no alternative at this point, do you have any?

27 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

So opium is OK, as is its naturally made derivative heroin, but possession of tramadol should receive the death sentence, clearly you've thought this one through past your personal need for alcohol.

Yes. Wasn't that perfectly clear.

28 minutes ago, faraday said:

Coca & Opium poppies are natural substances.....

Yes. Coca not cocaine. Opium not morphine or heroin.

• Like 2

Just now, ozmeldo said:

Yes. Wasn't that perfectly clear.

So you would outlaw prescription drugs but would legalize heroin, that is what you have made perfectly clear in what did appear until your confirmation as being nothing but a halfbaked plan made all the sillier by a poor choice of wording, up to you I suppose.

4 minutes ago, ParadiseLost said:

I see no alternative at this point, do you have any?

I think there are millions of alternatives which are better than bombing.

I fail to see how you can consider bombing as a solution, unless you bomb yourself, in which case you don't have to think about other people  problems anymore.

2 minutes ago, ozmeldo said:

Yes. Coca not cocaine. Opium not morphine or heroin.

Cocaine is a naturally occurring chemical found within the coca plant.  Heroin is a naturally occurring chemical found within opium.  You will have to go away and learn what synthetic means all on your own. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Public hanging of those providing funding for a political movement that the people support might not have the affect you imagine.  Myanmar has been trying to occupy those states for the past 70 years, it is not going well for them, what makes you imagine that you could just walz in an occupy them?

Yes. Myanmar doesn't have nearly the military strength as Thailand. What's the solution more tonnage of ice being pumped into your population?

Overwhelming force. Burn the jungles. Bring absolute terror down upon the population.

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

I think there are millions of alternatives which are better than bombing.

I fail to see how you can consider bombing as a solution, unless you bomb yourself, in which case you don't have to think about other people  problems anymore.

Now you are just being obstinate and pedantic. No need, everyone has their opinion and last I checked they were quite entitled to it and on a public platform quite free to state it.

I ask again for one specific proposal, or how you would approach the problem that has not failed already...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

duarte is a psychopath and should be locked up for life.

The rest of your post expresses equally disturbing views.

I agree about Duarte. I'm stating despite these draconian efforts the meth distribution goes on unabated.

People lose complete control of themselves. It then affects families, communities and the nation.

I realize many will not share this view but I am for the legalization and decriminalized possession of many substances currently illegal.