Extension of Retirement

Hello everyone,,

I must apologise for bothering you over this but an acquaintance of an acquaintance assures him that as he is married he need only show 400,000 baht to apply for his retirement extension and that this has always been the case..

He further attests that if you earn sufficient to meet income requirements and are a UK taxpayer, by merely printing off your annual tax statement from HMRC’s website, this document alone is sufficient for Thai Immigration.

If you have the time, your take on both of these would be very much appreciated. 

Other than it would actually be an Extension based on marriage not retirement that is correct. There are quite a few hoops to dance through though.

If you get a retirement Extension based on deposited money obviously income proof is not an issue. But at the moment income proof is required to be a Thai bank letter and statements showing deposits into a Thai bank from overseas. Whether HMRCs tax statements are acceptable is uncertain, but edging on unlikely.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Some find the yearly photos of you sitting on the bed etc a bit humiliating, then they can demand you take in Thai neighbours to vouch for you, the whole process then gets put on hold for a month while they consider if you are worthy of an extension. Apart from the money they make it more difficult than an on the spot retirement stamp.

8 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

The above mentioned "hoops" are no big deal, a couple of photos and a visit from immigration officers

Depends where you do it. A retirement extension is far simpler. And as the OP specifically asked for that worth mentioning. You fail to mention any 'proof of the marriage' requirements. Also that it cannot be approved by any regional offices. 

Edited by jacko45k

32 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Some find the yearly photos of you sitting on the bed etc a bit humiliating, then they can demand you take in Thai neighbours to vouch for you, the whole process then gets put on hold for a month while they consider if you are worthy of an extension. Apart from the money they make it more difficult than an on the spot retirement stamp.

How many people do you know who have been denied an extension when "they" have considered them to be not "worthy of an extension"?

Why the scaremongering?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Other than it would actually be an Extension based on marriage not retirement that is correct. There are quite a few hoops to dance through though.

If you get a retirement ovo.fyi/xvideos/ ovo.fyi/xnxx/  ovo.fyi/chaturbate/ Extension based on deposited money obviously income proof is not an issue. But at the moment income proof is required to be a Thai bank letter and statements showing deposits into a Thai bank from overseas. Whether HMRCs tax statements are acceptable is uncertain, but edging on unlikely.

Thank you my issue has been solved.....

19 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Only 400,000 is required for an extension on the grounds of being married (as long as it''s to a Thai). The above mentioned "hoops" are no big deal, a couple of photos and a visit from immigration officers is not exactly arduous.

I was told 400k also for being married to a non-Thai.

18 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

18 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

How many people do you know who have been denied an extension when "they" have considered them to be not "worthy of an extension"?

Why the scaremongering?

Why the bashing? Orton stated facts.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

I was told 400k also for being married to a non-Thai.

No. You need 400K in the bank for an extension based on being the spouse or parent of a Thai.

Two foreigners would get a 'spousal extension' based on retirement/work etc.

Edited by elviajero

5 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Your record of 11 extensions doesn't mean much if it's done always in the same place, with the same officer, with the same wife, with a short trip to the office which is not an incovenience for either of you and everybody knows each other.

I would rather trust the experiences of 11 different persons with a mix of circumstances.

13 years of marriage extensions at 3 different offices.

Never a problem at any of them.

A really simple process. 

• Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:08 AM, Blue Muton said:

Only 400,000 is required for an extension on the grounds of being married (as long as it''s to a Thai). The above mentioned "hoops" are no big deal, a couple of photos and a visit from immigration officers is not exactly arduous.

Have you ever done a marriage extension at Jomtien Immigration ?  Didn't think so or you would def change your mind about jumping through hoops ...

These b.tches at counter 6 will constantly ask you for more docs even tho you have already shown them what they originally wanted to see - its a circus and one of the reasons I changed to retirement extension and why we are leaving Thailand now … Its just gonna get worse - wait for mandatory health insurance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justin Side said:

A really simple process. 

An acquaintance told me it was a piece of cake at Jomtien, took  less than one hour, and he had only to go next door 2 times to make extra copies of documents he wasn't asking before.

So far he is happy with the 1 month, and expect everything will be ok for the other 11 months, he will know in ca. 1 month.

I'm happy, my extension based on retirement, with a L.o.I., granted last month at Jomtien, took only 5 minutes, plus picture next day.

Everything is relative.

Edited by luckyluke

8 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Why the bashing? Orton stated facts.

Not exactly bashing, but in any event the wording seems nuanced with negative opinion:

"....then they can demand..."

"...they consider if you are worthy..." 

"...they make it more difficult...."