Gunman in Aurora, Illinois, shooting described as 'loner'

rooster59

5 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Illinois has some of the most draconian gun laws of any of the United States States. Gun laws don't work. 

Can’t you guys come up with something more original than these meaningless NRA approved sound bites?

Of course they don’t work as you’ve got another 49 states where you can easily get a gun and no one is going to stop you bringing it back to Illinois. 

But when you put in proper enforcement, and sensible controls, then you get the situation 200 miles to the east where Windsor Ontario has negligible gun crime but right over the border in Detroit it is a different story.

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/a-tale-of-two-cities-windsor-and-detroit-murder-rates-show-stark-contrast

21 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

And, what will the US do to prevent this kind of thing from happening again?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

The majority of the people there is prepared to live, and continue to live with it. 

We don't understand as we don't have the same "values". 

Thailand report daily fatal road accidents, but don't do nothing about it. 

Just like the majority of the U.S.A. people is not demanding major alterations to the gun law there, the Thailand people accept that fatal road accidents is part of their life and their freedom. 

As expected the usual back and forth on gun control. It always comes down to the same thing... we want to take your guns... well I am unwilling to give them to you. Americans won’t just give up their guns like the Brits did. Right or wrong this is just a fact. I believe the British tried this in America a few years back and it was met with a bit of resistance,...

Here is what I use for my home defense. I have no plans to have it confiscated or turning it in during some period of amnesty.

BC2E773F-BF7A-4ADC-B0C2-B001805916B8.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

As expected the usual back and forth on gun control. It always comes down to the same thing... we want to take your guns... well I am unwilling to give them to you. Americans won’t just give up their guns like the Brits did. Right or wrong this is just a fact. I believe the British tried this in America a few years back and it was met with a bit of resistance,...

Here is what I use for my home defense. I have no plans to have it confiscated or turning it in during some period of amnesty.

3 hours ago, luckyluke said:

The majority of the people there is prepared to live, and continue to live with it. 

We don't understand as we don't have the same "values". 

Thailand report daily fatal road accidents, but don't do nothing about it. 

Just like the majority of the U.S.A. people is not demanding major alterations to the gun law there, the Thailand people accept that fatal road accidents is part of their life and their freedom. 

Let the slaughter of the innocents continue.

13 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Let the slaughter of the innocents continue.

Solve it however you want to but I have had to use my gun for self defense before in a rural environment. Back in the days when people were hanging gay kids like Michael Shepard off of fences. 

Now i I am openly gay and live in red state America. One day somebody came to the end of my driveway which is around 500 feet long. They were repeatedly shooting several different guns. Over and over BOOM! Boom! 

This is was in a wilderness area nearest neighbor is 5 miles away. They could shoot anywhere they wanted to but picked the fags driveway. Makes no mistake they know I am gay and did this out of intimidation. 

After about ten minutes, of this I loaded my SKS semi-auto. I keep two banana clips taped together so I can switch out 60 rounds of ammo for a quick burst. So I emptied the clips one after the other. If you think there is much difference between auto and semi it means I can put out 60 rounds in under 30 seconds.

after I shot it off I heard the tires squeal in the gravel as they fled.

The place I lived in was so remote there is no telephone to call the police and the police back then in such an area would not have cared anyway.

i had already had my mailbox bombed, federal signs on the road to my home were switched from “Deep Lake Road” to “Deepthroat road”:

i told the relevant authorities but nothing ever happened.

these acts today get you. Large amount of time under federal hate crimes now. You do not put explosives in a mans mailbox because they are gay.

so after the people left I went to the local bar. This is located in a township of less than 100 people. I told them I don’t know which of you was shooting on my driveway but that I responded to it with hollow point full metal jackets. 

I told them them if anybody shoots on my land or near it again I will respond with lethal force. 

After that i did not have any other problems from the locals. They knew not to go up there.

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Solve it however you want to but I have had to use my gun for self defense before in a rural environment. Back in the days when people were hanging gay kids like Michael Shepard off of fences. 

Now i I am openly gay and live in red state America. One day somebody came to the end of my driveway which is around 500 feet long. They were repeatedly shooting several different guns. Over and over BOOM! Boom! 

This is was in a wilderness area nearest neighbor is 5 miles away. They could shoot anywhere they wanted to but picked the fags driveway. Makes no mistake they know I am gay and did this out of intimidation. 

After about ten minutes, of this I loaded my SKS semi-auto. I keep two banana clips taped together so I can switch out 60 rounds of ammo for a quick burst. So I emptied the clips one after the other. If you think there is much difference between auto and semi it means I can put out 60 rounds in under 30 seconds.

The place I lived in was so remote there is no telephone to call the police and the police back then in such an area would not have cared anyway.

i had already had my mailbox bombed, federal signs on the road to my home were switched from “Deep Lake Road” to “Deepthroat road”:

these acts today get you. Large amount of time under federal hate crimes now. You do not put explosives in a mans mailbox because they are gay.

so after the people left I went to the local bar. This is located in a township of less than 100 people. I told them I don’t know which of you was shooting on my driveway but that I responded to it with hollow point full metal jackets. 

I told them them if anybody shoots on my land or near it again I will respond with lethal force. 

After that i did not have any other problems from the locals. They knew not to go up there.

If the people shooting at your property had their guns removed from them, you wouldn't have had a problem. No guns means no guns for either side, good guys and bad guys. This is how it has worked in the UK.

The UK hasn't had a mass shooting since the new gun laws were invoked. Gun crime has dropped through the floor. America has the highest number, by far, of mass shootings by number of incidence and numbers killed, in the Western world. Call yourselves a civilised society?

25 minutes ago, Scott said:

I believe you are talking about Matthew Shepard, n

26 minutes ago, Scott said:

Sorry for the weird quote I am doing this on a new iPad so things are weird. Yes I was talking about Matthew Shepard. Sorry about that I actually googled the spelling to make sure I didn’t spell Shepard wrong. I guess in that effort I got the first name wrong. My apologies for that.

29 minutes ago, Spidey said:

If the people shooting at your property had their guns removed from them, you wouldn't have had a problem. No guns means no guns for either side, good guys and bad guys. This is how it has worked in the UK.

The UK hasn't had a mass shooting since the new gun laws were invoked. Gun crime has dropped through the floor. America has the highest number, by far, of mass shootings by number of incidence and numbers killed, in the Western world. Call yourselves a civilised society?

Amrica isn’t the UK. This argument is always the same. My husband who is British was pretty much against guns for any reason. We live in the countryside and when we just moved in there was a rather grisly home invasion rape and murder. 

the attacker used a knife. I explained to my husband what would we do call the cops and wait? He could see what I meant at that point. I am not for taking people’s guns but penalties should be severe for those committing any crime with a firearm or any weapon.

if you rob a liquor store with a gun or knife life in prison. No exceptions. Using a gun in the commission of a felony shows a certain mind set. It says that the individual has no concern for human life. 

Transporting a loaded weapon should be twenty years if done so illegally. I keep my short barrel firearm at home solely for self defense and the killer in Illinois has nothing to do with me. 

In in a perfect world yes nobody has a gun but in America this is not a reality nor will it ever become one. I don’t support these idiots on YouTube that “assert” their gun rights by taking an AR15 and open carry in a school zone.

also in America many people actually do hunt because we have a lot of wildlife not owned by royalty. I think everybody in Switzerland is obligated to have a gun and they don’t have this problem. 

It it isn’t the gun itself doing this. 

50 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

A truly horrifying experience and you have my sincere sympathies.

We all of hear to little of the real experiences of hate crimes, so thank you for sharing.

That said, gay people in (by example the UK) do not live in fear haters wielding guns.

Guns don’t solve crime.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A truly horrifying experience and you have my sincere sympathies.

We all of hear to little of the real experiences of hate crimes, so thank you for sharing.

That said, gay people in (by example the UK) do not live in fear haters wielding guns.

Guns don’t solve crime.

Sometimes they can prevent it. Anyway thanks for the kind words. 

16 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Illinois has some of the most draconian gun laws of any of the United States States. Gun laws don't work. 

Okay...since you are not that good with braining, let me help you:

Illinois may have "some of the most draconian gun laws of any of the United States'...and that is, where the problem starts!

There are many states (some 50 or so!), that don't have such "draconian" laws!

And since Illinois is not surrounded by a wall, but has relatively open borders, it is....WAIT A MINUTE!!!!

:omfg: 

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Killer was a convicted criminal, not allowed to own guns.

Passing another law wouldn't have changed anything, it's easy for a criminal to get a gun, anywhere in the world.

Is that why Australia, Canada, Germany etc have such high numbers in gun related deaths, almost rivaling those of 'Murica?

Asking for a friend!

:coffee1:

1 minute ago, DM07 said:

Is that why Australia, Canada, Germany etc have such high numbers in gun related deaths, almost rivaling those of 'Murica?

Asking for a friend!

:coffee1:

If your plan is to disarm hundreds of millions of people based on such puerile responses you get a high five. I even gave you a trophy upvote. 

3 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

If your plan is to disarm hundreds of millions of people based on such puerile responses you get a high five. I even gave you a trophy upvote. 

How about answering the question?

And IF I were 'Murican...yes, it would be something, I would do!

9 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

You aren’t American so thankfully you do not get the option to pass legislation. So I really have no need to engage you any further.

Yeah...because this is an 'Murican only"- thread on a 'Murican only" forum!

:w00t:

5 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Yeah...because this is an 'Murican only"- thread on a 'Murican only" forum!

:w00t:

It should be an international forum and it falls short in many ways. But yes I am right as I get to vote and as you are not a citizen you can’t. This is basically what it is all about, who can vote?

you can only opine and I can vote and shape policy. This is a distinction you might be wise to make.

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

It should be an international forum and it falls short in many ways. But yes I am right as I get to vote and as you are not a citizen you can’t. This is basically what it is all about, who can vote?

you can only opine and I can vote and shape policy. This is a distinction you might be wise to make.

And the distinction you might want to make, is to take an outside perspective into account!

But I forgot: greatest nation/ democracy on Earth and all that....

Have a good day!

Archived