Tham Luang cave to be closed from Feb 19

rooster59

Tham Luang cave to be closed from Feb 19

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijM6Gr046Fqq1lrZu20HKWOlqF3t9h.jpg

Thailand’s famous Tham Luang cave in the northern province of Chiang Rai will close to all visitors from February 19th to allow Thai Navy SEALs to recover equipment left in the cave after the international rescue mission extracted 13 members of the Wild Boar youth football team who became trapped by flooding last July.

Speaking on Friday, Mr. Kavee Prasomphol, chief of the Tham Luang-Khunnam Nangnon national park in Mae Sai district, said the closure of the cave would also allow naval officers to document the scene inside the cave. The areas surrounding the cave remain open to the public.

On January 17th 2019, a SEAL team and rescue workers, including British cave diver Vernon Unsworth and park officials, inspected the cave’s interior and found a large quantity of abandoned oxygen tanks, pumps and other equipment. They entered the cave system only as far as the third chamber, but have not yet reached the location where the footballers took refuge for more than two weeks.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/tham-luang-cave-to-be-closed-from-feb-19/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-02-17

surprized its still there, metal or anything of value lying around seems to go missing very quickly in Thailand, even have friends that have had the gates stolen from their properties, thought the tanks etc would be long gone

6 minutes ago, seajae said:

surprized its still there, metal or anything of value lying around seems to go missing very quickly in Thailand, even have friends that have had the gates stolen from their properties, thought the tanks etc would be long gone

I'm surprised how stuff of any scrap value is left here and is NOT stolen, just a quick thought reveals kiddies play equipment in parks and most towns have fitness equipment for adult exercise.

In my home country, the UK, ALL of this would be gone. ANYTHING not bolted down would be gone.

Man hole covers, drain covers, steel roof guttering, lead off church roofs, high end car & SUV exhaust systems for the platinum in the cat.

The list is endless of the stuff stolen in the UK.

And most certainly tanks & diving equipment etc left in a cave.

6 hours ago, seajae said:

been here 9 years and nothing has ever gone missing from my properties, I find the thai people very honest on taking other peoples prperty.

6 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

I'm surprised how stuff of any scrap value is left here and is NOT stolen, just a quick thought reveals kiddies play equipment in parks and most towns have fitness equipment for adult exercise.

In my home country, the UK, ALL of this would be gone. ANYTHING not bolted down would be gone.

Man hole covers, drain covers, steel roof guttering, lead off church roofs, high end car & SUV exhaust systems for the platinum in the cat.

The list is endless of the stuff stolen in the UK.

And most certainly tanks & diving equipment etc left in a cave.

Hahahah that is why you sent them to the penal colony ,.  Australia

Archived