Jump to content
BANGKOK 21 June 2019 04:27
Joe Mcseismic

How is your level of water in your well, or bore?

Recommended Posts

Just curious as to the state of fellow poster's well, or bore; particularly in Rawai.

My well is a little bit less than the average for this time of year. We still have another 2.5 months before the rains come and possibly 3.5 months if the SW monsoon is late.

I also have a 6" deep bore (61m) which I've never needed to use in the ten years I had it drilled.

Feel sorry for those on government water due to the low levels in the reservoirs. First thing the authorities will do, is lower the pressure. Has anyone experienced this, yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still water in the well, but no Idea about average levels or present level.

In Rawai.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use a 50m tape measure with a rock attached. Dip the well each month in the dry season to see what the water table is doing.

This way, you'll get some warning before the well runs dry, which happened to me in 2005.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

I use a 50m tape measure with a rock attached. Dip the well each month in the dry season to see what the water table is doing.

This way, you'll get some warning before the well runs dry, which happened to me in 2005.

You learned from experience, so far no such problems for me, since 2003 using this well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked the level in the well and it's down half a metre in a month.

Seeing more and more water trucks on the road.

If this weather keeps up, it's going to be a disaster for Phuket water wise.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My well in rawai ran dry 3 days ago. Trucking it in every day now.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Just checked the level in the well and it's down half a metre in a month.

Seeing more and more water trucks on the road.

If this weather keeps up, it's going to be a disaster for Phuket water wise.....

Phuket is the disaster.  Not the water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2019 at 10:57 AM, Joe Mcseismic said:

Isn't that what I said?

No- he's clearly one of the non-Phuketers who just likes to bash the place ad nauseum.

 

In Kamala the water trucks are out 24 hrs a day. You can her their airhorns as they blast through the lights. Its clearly big business and there are 6 fairly new tankers on the go constantly.

 

Water level is definitely lower in my part of the town- the sulpherous smell that emanates from the shower this time of year is a good indicator that levels are down and the groundwater is heavily polluted. To counter this the staff are using chlorine which has its own downside. We are on a well, not mains water.

 

I have a friend who lives back on the hill and his well water is clean and plentiful.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Psimbo said:

No- he's clearly one of the non-Phuketers who just likes to bash the place ad nauseum.

 

In Kamala the water trucks are out 24 hrs a day. You can her their airhorns as they blast through the lights. Its clearly big business and there are 6 fairly new tankers on the go constantly.

 

Water level is definitely lower in my part of the town- the sulpherous smell that emanates from the shower this time of year is a good indicator that levels are down and the groundwater is heavily polluted. To counter this the staff are using chlorine which has its own downside. We are on a well, not mains water.

 

I have a friend who lives back on the hill and his well water is clean and plentiful.

The sulphur smell could possibly be from H2S, a deadly gas which is OK when you can smell it as levels will be low. It is when you cannot smell it that levels are higher & dangerous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 3:45 PM, Psimbo said:

No- he's clearly one of the non-Phuketers who just likes to bash the place ad nauseum.

 

In Kamala the water trucks are out 24 hrs a day. You can her their airhorns as they blast through the lights. Its clearly big business and there are 6 fairly new tankers on the go constantly.

 

Water level is definitely lower in my part of the town- the sulpherous smell that emanates from the shower this time of year is a good indicator that levels are down and the groundwater is heavily polluted. To counter this the staff are using chlorine which has its own downside. We are on a well, not mains water.

 

I have a friend who lives back on the hill and his well water is clean and plentiful.

I think the member meant Phuket's poor planning has created this disaster, not the lack of rainfall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went up the back of my property today to check the well.  Still plenty of water. But jeezus christ there was a king cobra there at least 4 meters long.  Be careful.  Hot weather dries up water supplies but it also brings out the snakes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 11:45 AM, Psimbo said:

No- he's clearly one of the non-Phuketers who just likes to bash the place ad nauseum.

 

In Kamala the water trucks are out 24 hrs a day. You can her their airhorns as they blast through the lights. Its clearly big business and there are 6 fairly new tankers on the go constantly.

 

Water level is definitely lower in my part of the town- the sulpherous smell that emanates from the shower this time of year is a good indicator that levels are down and the groundwater is heavily polluted. To counter this the staff are using chlorine which has its own downside. We are on a well, not mains water.

 

I have a friend who lives back on the hill and his well water is clean and plentiful.

 

I am not a non-Phuketer.  I am an ex-Phuketer.  And after decades on the Island I think that I am entitled to my opinion, whether it offends you or not.

 

And yes, as you rightly point out.  The big risk in Phuket for those using bore water is not the supply running dry.  It is the lethal level of chemical deposits that are concentrated in the water table.  What else would you expect when you are living in a reclaimed mining site that employed third world standards for safety and environmental management.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

 

I am not a non-Phuketer.  I am an ex-Phuketer.  And after decades on the Island I think that I am entitled to my opinion, whether it offends you or not.

 

And yes, as you rightly point out.  The big risk in Phuket for those using bore water is not the supply running dry.  It is the lethal level of chemical deposits that are concentrated in the water table.  What else would you expect when you are living in a reclaimed mining site that employed third world standards for safety and environmental management.

But the trucked in water from a bore is fine.  Right?  😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Richard Kuklinski said:

But the trucked in water from a bore is fine.  Right?  😀

Depends on the source does it not? Some years back I had to buy in water for my bungalow's.  The initial delivery of water was absolutely putrid.  Unfortunately I was not there when it was delivered.  I had to drain my tanks and then clean them and then reorder more water from another company.  Most of my guests checked out. I called the first contractor back and he lied outright and said that my tanks were already dirty.  

 

Some people are still surprised why so many people are shot in Phuket.  I'm not. 

Edited by Khaeng Mak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...