How is your level of water in your well, or bore?

Joe Mcseismic

47 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

How much have they increased by over the last few months?

Price not changed, just the quantity as no gov supply or saved rain.

Pay 1,000 Baht for 12k liters, although if Patong guy has to go over to Chalong have to pay 200 baht fuel cost. Seems ok to me. 700 Baht for 8k liter truck.  

41 minutes ago, isaanjohnno said:

I have a deeper bore than you at 96 meters and it remains clean, cool and plentiful year after year. Seemingly not many are sucking from my aquifer unlike the shallower ones

I also have a deep bore, but, only use it if my well runs dry.........which it hasn't.

5 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Weird! My well water level has now increased by one metre. The vagaries of the water-table.

Now off the deep bore and back onto well water.

Probably the septic tanks releasing into the water table. 

what is the legality of actually installing roof gutters, and installing massive (10k+litre) water tanks.

Just don't see any gutters at all in LOS - oh except for on 6 storey hotels

with years of forethought, the water deficit could have at least been partly averted!

4 minutes ago, tifino said:

what is the legality of actually installing roof gutters, and installing massive (10k+litre) water tanks.

with years of forethought, the water deficit could have at least been partly averted!

Mine, and every house in the street have gutters.

Many people collect rainwater into tanks this way.  I've thought about it, but the house came with a working well.  

On 4/25/2019 at 12:53 PM, tifino said:

No legalities at all for installing gutters.

There was an western guy that had a seamless guttering company here, they pressed the guttering to suit on site from the machine mounted in the back of a truck, found them a year after we'd already installed ours unfortunately, if doing it again I'd definitely use the seamless type.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 9:40 AM, Joe Mcseismic said:

Anyone else notice that water-tanker traffic on the roads has increased markedly over the last month?

And now the water truck traffic has reduced considerably again.

I had a well dug in Mae Wang near Chiang Mai where I wanted it for our convenience and not the driller with a diving rod. The drilled dug 140 meters yes meters and at the end of the month our well capacity was approximately 1200 liters per hour continuously using a compressor to clean the newly dug well. In the dry season the water level in the well dropped about 2 meters. By the way our well pump was placed at 40 meter.

1 hour ago, Troy William Schlitter said:

Do you raise the pump to get by the well cap, my well pipe is made by screwing 1 1/4 inch blue pipe  together . I would be concerned about braking the pipe and loosing my pump.

My pump is at the surface.

I had my cisterns filled by water tankers....shortly before it rained. The water in my well is good to go (Surin province), I can't measure it, it's 28 meters deep and has a pipe going into the ground, very good water pressure now though, the toilette water tank gets a real blast when the toilette is flushed.

Archived