New retiree in Thailand. Should I tell immigration where I live.

I arrived in Thailand with an O visa early in January. On my immigration form at the airport I put down the name of my hotel. I have now rented a condo for a year, should I visit immigration before my 3-month reporting period is up and let them know my new address?

48 minutes ago, OzMan said:

I arrived in Thailand with an O visa early in January.

If you have a non-o visa issued by and embassy or consulate you have to leave the country every 90 days. You cannot do 90 day reports to immigration since you cannot stay that long.

Whether you need to report your residence depends upon the office you report to.

There is no report required by you as the foreign visitor. However, presumably you're going to apply for a 1 year extension of stay; in which case you it's a good idea that a TM.30 report is made by the Owner, or Housemaster, or Possessor of the condo. It' a report to confirm you (the foreigner) are staying at that address. Some offices will let you report yourself as the Possessor (tenant).

If the TM.30 report isn't done before you apply for an extension they might insist that it's done then. There is a fine of up to 2,000 baht for not reporting and they can charge any of those responsible for reporting.

My recent experience of this at korat immigration  was that i needed to show  a copy of the house owners tabian baan, and her id card , i was charged 800 baht, she was out of town so she sent signed photocopys to my wifes phone and they excepted that.

If your thinking of opening a bank account get a Residency certificate while you there, 500 baht.

If you have an O-A visa and live in Bangkok no need to do anything now about changing your address. In three years I have never reported to BKK when I move. When you get a new extension of stay or do a 90 day report fill out the (TM extension form TM 7 or the 90 day TM 47 report form) with your new address.

I once read Thai visa and asked the Chang Watthana form desk lady for a TM 30 and TM 28 and she did not have any of these forms. 

If you have a O visa read Ubonjoe’s post above and follow it. 

All of this stuff is easy in Bangkok. 90 day reports by mail or online and once a year a day trip to get an extension of stay. Only time you need to go to CW in Bangkok is to get an extension of stay or residency certificate. 

Edited by Wake Up