Non o visa (retirement) Vientiane

You need proof of 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income, police clearance certificate and medical certificate to apply for a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over in Vientiane.

Savannakhet will do one without the certificates but do want proof of retirement along with the financial proof.

You need proof of 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income, police clearance certificate and medical certificate to apply for a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over in Vientiane.
Savannakhet will do one without the certificates but do want proof of retirement along with the financial proof.

Thanks Ubon

I didn’t know about the proof of income as my previous non o’s have been based on having Thai children

I’ll pass the information on

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks Ubon

I didn’t know about the proof of income as my previous non o’s have been based on having Thai children

I’ll pass the information on

I’ve just thought whilst I should be ok with my non-b this year, last year when I got the non-o visa because of having 2 thai dependents - I am recognized as the legal father - there was no financial proof, medical or police clearance required - is this still the same ?

Thanks

19 minutes ago, Martouf said:

I’ve just thought whilst I should be ok with my non-b this year, last year when I got the non-o visa because of having 2 thai dependents - I am recognized as the legal father - there was no financial proof, medical or police clearance required - is this still the same ?

The financial proof and etc it not needed to apply for a non-o visa based upon being the parent of Thai or for being married to one.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:19 AM, ubonjoe said:

Do you know:

*Bank certification for proof of funds can be how old? One day, one week, one month?

*Police clearance certificate should be from Thai police ( I have been resident in Thailand from Aug 18)?

*Medical certificate from a Thai hospital will work?

I live in Nong Bua Lam Phu. Can I go to Savannakhet  if Udon Thani IM cannot convert 30 day entry exempt visa to Non-O 90 day visa?

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Kasane said:

Do you know:

*Bank certification for proof of funds can be how old? One day, one week, one month?

*Police clearance certificate should be from Thai police ( I have been resident in Thailand from Aug 18)?

*Medical certificate from a Thai hospital will work?

I live in Nong Bua Lam Phu. Can I go to Savannakhet  if Udon Thani IM cannot convert 30 day entry exempt visa to Non-O 90 day visa?

Thanks.

Your bank book updated shortly before leaving the country. A few days would be accepted.

A Thai police clearance certificate would be accepted.

A basic medical certificate from a clinic would be accepted.

No problem to go to Savannakhet if you want to.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your bank book updated shortly before leaving the country. A few days would be accepted.

A Thai police clearance certificate would be accepted.

A basic medical certificate from a clinic would be accepted.

No problem to go to Savannakhet if you want to.

Thanks. Very helpful, UbonJoe.

I do not need to have a residence address in Savannakhet area for applying for Non-O visa? 

2 minutes ago, Kasane said:

Thanks. Very helpful, UbonJoe.

I do not need to have a residence address in Savannakhet area for applying for Non-O visa? 

They don't care about where you are living. People go there for visas from all areas of Thailand.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have a passport for it issued by the Department of Land Transport and the original book for it you can take ti into Laos.

I Have the original book. But guess I need to apply for the vehicle passport. Any transportation office can issue the vehicle passport?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2019 at 12:19 PM, ubonjoe said:

I need to do this.  Savannakhet sounds like the best bet.  But, what kind of document would be a proof of retirement?  I am 72 years old and do not work.  Therefore I must be retired.  But I do not have any kind of pension.  What could I show them to prove that I am retired?  

14 minutes ago, roberta said:

Therefore I must be retired.  But I do not have any kind of pension.  What could I show them to prove that I am retired?  

In the past people used a income letter from their embassy showing even a small amount of income. Some have done a statement at their embassy stating they are retired. But any type of proof of income should be accepted.

Vientiane requirement are problem if you do not have time to get a Thai police clearance certificate. Getting a basic medical certificate would not be a problem since you can get them at a clinic.