800,000 Baht rule problems

On 2/18/2019 at 7:40 AM, melvinmelvin said:

shift the money to an account in another bank,

SCB, Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn - have several branch offices in Korat.

Yes move your acc.I have a FCA with Bkk Bank in £. I ask for a letter which states Pound Stirling and the Baht equivalent. With the words on it saying money can not be withdrawn out side of Thailand when I leave Thailand. This helps at border check with the 20,000B requested to have when entering the Kingdom again.

On 2/18/2019 at 10:25 AM, asiamaster said:

A FCD (foreign currency account) with 25.000 Euro is not accepted. Sell the Euro and put it on a fixed deposit in a local bank. And get some kind of proof that you already had it in Thailand -albeit in foreign currency.

This is not true; immigration in Pattaya always accepted my USD dollar deposit at Bangkok bank

• Like 1

FCDs with SCB are equally as problematic, can only be liaised at the branch it was opened. I have one in Bangkok its a pain in the a...

if he does that it wont be in there 3 months will it?

Banks do not work for you any more. They now make the rules to suit them selves. They look at things and if they can save any thing that's it. 

I have been with SCB for 15 yrs. I find them very good out of them all. They could improve the service in all the branches to employ an English speaking person. Pay them a little more. 

I just found out today when I updated my account for my monthly interest payments and found that tge government started a new tax in May. Before, if you received 20,000 baht in a year you get taxed on anything above the 20k. Now they tax you 15% each month on your interest earnings. 

Not to bad when I think about it. In New Zealand I get taxed 19.5% each month in my interest earnings. i get 3.25% interest. Per month.

• 7 months later...

Has anyone ever experienced any problem from CW IMM over which bank in Thailand is acceptable for the THB800k used for Extension of Stay? I have heard second hand that recently CW refused to accept the funds in UOB Thailand, but I am not so familiar with the case to know the details, except he was told to put it into SCB, and then that wasn't for the requisite 2/3 months prior, so was invalid for a EoS. As, I said, my details are sketchy, (save on the refusal by CW), so there may be valid reasons why UOB wasn't accepted. I thought any bank in Thailand would be valid.