Will I be allowed in with 5 Visa Exemptions / 7.5 consecutive months in Thailand from 2017?

as noted by a previous TV member, if immigration said come back next time with an SETV, you should be fine with your next entry.  especially considering your time out of the country since that conversation (over a year).  i got the same warning many years ago, too many visa exempt entries, start using tourist visas.  i started using tourist visas and was never stopped again.  i was staying in thailand 8 months a year (i'm now old enough to be on the non imm O).

just be sure to have a good story to tell immigration in the rare instance that you get stopped/questioned.  things like 'i'm unemployed at home or in between jobs so thought i'd take a vacation' or 'i'll be seeking a job in thailand' aren't good.  be sure to tell them you have a job at home and will be going back to that same job.  i wouldn't mention a thai girlfriend or a condo lease.  you are here for pure tourist stuff, enjoying the warm weather, good food, visiting the sites, beaches, etc...  plus carry the 20,000thb and proof of plane ticket home (even though the visa should have you covered on that).

you can read about all the different situations and locations you want but the bottom line is  nobody knows .. the rules are applied so arbitrarily at each embassy and each country ...  look at the OFFICIAL rules (consulate) and figure they wont be enforced 

but you can look at locations and see how lax IO's are and then cross your fingers if you are not following rules 

luck to ya 

• Like 1