BANGKOK
THE GMAN

Golfers Chiang Mai

The Koreans and Japanese I play with are very fast players which is great. They do gamble some.

The Thais are slower I think mainly because they are drinking and gambling big time.

Another thing a little strange here.  If you show up alone they actually think you want to play alone.  If you are Falang at a mostly Asian played course you may find yourself going out alone and playing very slowly. And trying to join a group of Thais is usually impossible due to the high stakes involved they do not want you bothering them.

Apart from Chiang Mai Social Golfers, there's also All Championship Golf. All Championship Golf is a mixture of Thais with about 5 or 6 farangs. They have a FB page "Allgolf" and they usually play the first Friday of the month and at a different course each month. Their next outing is March 8th at Inthanon. 850 baht green fee caddy & cart. Tee time around 9.30.  They are happy to have some farangs in the group as it gives them an opportunity to practice their English. If your interested message them from their FB page. Also no joining fee involved. 

What’s the membership fee for CMSG? And benefits? I looked at the website but it was rather scant on details.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I don’t live in the area here’s a link I found. I belong to Khon Kaen golf for expats and it’s an hour drive from my house there. But haven’t been able to go lately. Hope this works for you! Enjoy!

http://www.asiatradingonline.com/chiangmaigolf.htm

below picture is the first page on their website 

730C32DB-AACE-4CC0-AFE0-419692C191CB.jpeg

Edited by DJ54
Added picture
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DJ54 said:

I don’t live in the area here’s a link I found. I belong to Khon Kaen golf for expats and it’s an hour drive from my house there. But haven’t been able to go lately. Hope this works for you! Enjoy!

http://www.asiatradingonline.com/chiangmaigolf.htm

below picture is the first page on their website 

730C32DB-AACE-4CC0-AFE0-419692C191CB.jpeg

My apologies I just had a chance to read the website which seems to be outdated. Sounds like a social club not golf specific only golf

mentionedis frisbee golf.