Is Savannakhet Tourist Visa notice still up?

I remember seeing a sign they put up in Savannakhet about them rejecting tourist visas if someone has one too many.

Than I read it had been taken down.

Is Savannakhet still a good place to go when you have the right supporting documents?

Cheers

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
12 minutes ago, sanemax said:
I dont think that that was an official sign , but yes, can still get TV's at savanakhet , 3-4 is the maximum though, before you get a red stamp

3-4 maximum for what time period?

Passport duration .

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
14 minutes ago, sanemax said:
Passport duration .

Is this 3-4 maximumin Laos or just at Savannakhet? so can still go to Vientiane?

Applies to each Embassy/Consulate .

Get three from Savanakhet and then go to Vientiane and get another three .

Three TV's is usually quite safe to get , some people get four and some a red stamp .

Three is OK, the fourth is a risk (of a red stamp)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Three TV's is usually quite safe to get , some people get four and some a red stamp .

I dont think that works anymore I think they are starting to calculate your time here over the year.   I had a new passport 2 Metv visas back to back with only 5 days in my home country.

After staying here 14 mnths pretty much continually I went for my first setv in vientiene and received the blue stamp.

Another russian girl had 1 setv from her home country and 1 from vientiene previously. Her second trip to vientine she got the blue stamp.  Funny thing though the Thai immi at Friendship bridge just lets everyone through who recieved the visa no questions asked. 

Edited by BigT73
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BigT73 said:

I dont think that works anymore I think they are starting to calculate your time here over the year.   I had a new passport 2 Metv visas back to back with only 5 days in my home country.

After staying here 14 mnths pretty much continually I went for my first setv in vientiene and received the blue stamp.

Another russian girl had 1 setv from her home country and 1 from vientiene previously. Her second trip to vientine she got the blue stamp.  Funny thing though the Thai immi at Friendship bridge just lets everyone through who recieved the visa no questions asked. 

Thanks for your report.

It seems things have changed in Vientiane, for the worse.

Blu stamp at the first visa, never heard of this before.

People could get 3, 4 or even 5 setv from Vientiane before recieving the blu stamp.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BigT73 said:

In the last two years , I have received three T.V's from Vientiane and three from Savankhet , with the last one being three months ago , and no red/blue stamp

10 hours ago, Essecola said:

Why is it funny the friendship bridge immigration lets in people who have a visa?

Big difference with the immi here verses bkk or dmk.  No requests to see 20k, no questions why you live here so long, no questions why so many visas in a row. No questions about where your staying or they didnt even care how people where dressed, just stamp in and next, for the 5 minibus loads of us from all different countries. 

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

In the last two years , I have received three T.V's from Vientiane and three from Savankhet , with the last one being three months ago , and no red/blue stamp

Its interesting how they make decisions of who gets the blue stamp or not on their visa at vientiene as they didnt even see me as my passport was handed to the tour group leader of the visa company and he handed them all over  in a bundle to the consulate there.

Edited by BigT73
  • Like 1

Big T73, where is this? Which Friendship bridge? 

Earlier last year my Tourist Visa application was rejected by the consulate in Phnom Phen - despite having all supporting documents; money, airline in and out, chanote, attorney, monthly income... so I contacted my attorney (who owns my land) and he refered me to a Thai immigration official who knows us from Mae Sai (now in BKK). She said to simply fly in. So I did. No problem. The next time though I was selected for a secondary interview in the office (arriving at BKK); the polite woman official suggested I get another passport due to the fact I had so many stamps in it - and running out of pages. I know... ... I know... ... I am trying to afford a retirement visa and/or wife. Good luck everybody.

2 hours ago, TerrylSky said:

Big T73, where is this? Which Friendship bridge? 

Earlier last year my Tourist Visa application was rejected by the consulate in Phnom Phen - despite having all supporting documents; money, airline in and out, chanote, attorney, monthly income... so I contacted my attorney (who owns my land) and he refered me to a Thai immigration official who knows us from Mae Sai (now in BKK). She said to simply fly in. So I did. No problem. The next time though I was selected for a secondary interview in the office (arriving at BKK); the polite woman official suggested I get another passport due to the fact I had so many stamps in it - and running out of pages. I know... ... I know... ... I am trying to afford a retirement visa and/or wife. Good luck everybody.

Friendship bridge is between Laos vientine and Nong khai. 

Have you thought about getting married and a multi non o from savanaket laos?   You could get married within the week.

18 hours ago, sanemax said:

Isn't it safer the other way around...? With Vient. more likely to stamp the blue/red stamp before Savanna...I think Savanna....just reject at the window vs stamping...I've not hear of them doing the blue stamp of passport death on TV unless I missed it.

I'd keep savana till the end after 2-3 at Vient...with supporting money far in excess of 20k to show to be safe.

Once that stamp is in passport it makes it hard(er) to get the TV in the region....

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Isn't it safer the other way around...? With Vient. more likely to stamp the blue/red stamp before Savanna...I think Savanna....just reject at the window vs stamping...I've not hear of them doing the blue stamp of passport death on TV unless I missed it.

I'd keep savana till the end after 2-3 at Vient...with supporting money far in excess of 20k to show to be safe.

Once that stamp is in passport it makes it hard(er) to get the TV in the region....

I agree, I haven't heard of Savannakhet using that stamp either.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sanemax said:

Very often they will count total number of visas in region(Asean) not just the ones from that particular embassy/consulate. I got the red stamp once on my 2nd from Vientiane with two others in current passport, one from Phnom Penh and one from Bali. 

4 minutes ago, ddotmark said:

What is a blue stamp? Is there something wrong with having a blue stamp in your Passport?  I just looked at my Passport and all of my Visa Exempt entries and departures are stamped in blue.  

Its posts like this that you wonder whether its a sarcastic post or a genuine inquiry 

13 minutes ago, ddotmark said:

It's a genuine question. I'm new to all of this Visa stuff.

The colour of the ink wasnt the problem, its what was written thats the problem .

The red (blue in reality) stamp says that you have too many tourists visas and you cannot have anymore

Am I correct in thinking when Vientiane gives stamp of death it’s still possible to get visa in Savannakhet...

but once you have a blue stamp Vientiane won’t give you a new visa?

i could maybe do:

Savannakhet

Vientiane ( get stamp)

Savannakhet

new passport

8 hours ago, finy said:

Am I correct in thinking when Vientiane gives stamp of death it’s still possible to get visa in Savannakhet...

but once you have a blue stamp Vientiane won’t give you a new visa?

i could maybe do:

Savannakhet

Vientiane ( get stamp)

Savannakhet

new passport

Savannakhet let me get a TR with a black remark-stamp from Phnom Penh (similar wording, different ink-color).   They might not be as kind if it had been put there in another consulate in Laos.  But Vientiane would have none of it 3 mo later - even showing all of the "may need to show next time" list in their "remark stamp." 

I call it "remark stamp" because the staff at Vientiane said, "If you have a visa with this remark, we cannot issue..."  In fact, it is "just a remark" - no basis in law, etc.  Maybe, "remark stamp telling staff to ignore relevant laws," would be better.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 6:26 PM, BigT73 said:

BigT, did you have any significant and continuous history in Thailand before your current 14 months in your new passport ? If yes, I'd guess they had access to your entire history from immi. somehow in that case...

Edited by freedomnow

4 hours ago, freedomnow said:

BigT, did you have any significant and continuous history in Thailand before your current 14 months in your new passport ? If yes, I'd guess they had access to your entire history from immi. somehow in that case...

That could be a possibility, previous passports had no overstays and combinations of detv and metv with approx 6mnth rotations between Thailand and my home country for 9 yrs.

13 hours ago, BigT73 said:

That could be a possibility, previous passports had no overstays and combinations of detv and metv with approx 6mnth rotations between Thailand and my home country for 9 yrs.

But you never used the new online appointment booking system for Vientiane, this was just a walk-in application ?