Is Savannakhet Tourist Visa notice still up?

On 2/18/2019 at 3:01 PM, ddotmark said:

What is a blue stamp? Is there something wrong with having a blue stamp in your Passport?  I just looked at my Passport and all of my Visa Exempt entries and departures are stamped in blue.  

2019-02-20-08-12-07.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigT73 said:

This was a few days before Feb 1 and the new booking rules.

OK, guessing here....either you have a memorable name and or face in PP for the person who gives out the SETVs, or they are referring to some database internal or external.

1 minute ago, freedomnow said:

OK, guessing here....either you have a memorable name and or face in PP for the person who gives out the SETVs, or they are referring to some database internal or external.

My last visit to vientiene was for a detv years ago.  The other possibilty was extending my METV for 30 days at immi every 60 days after a cambo run that could have triggered that.  

Some TVF posts suggested to extend every 60 days at borders only.

It would be great if they put in writing what the rules are similar to a schengen visa.  Instead everything is fine to do until its used against you. Lol

2 hours ago, BigT73 said:

My last visit to vientiene was for a detv years ago.  The other possibilty was extending my METV for 30 days at immi every 60 days after a cambo run that could have triggered that.  

Some TVF posts suggested to extend every 60 days at borders only.

It would be great if they put in writing what the rules are similar to a schengen visa.  Instead everything is fine to do until its used against you. Lol

Sorry not familiar with DETV, thought 'D' was a typo for 'S'.

OK ! Double-entry tourist visa....old school....same as triples. METV about same mileage as triple, just harder to get. I'm off the TVs soon, just don't want to get any blue stamp before I go on other ones....

Edited by freedomnow

3 hours ago, BigT73 said:

Absolutely. But it goes against the fiefdom mentality of Thai officials ("my office, my rules") , so it might not happen.

29 minutes ago, PattayaKevin said:

Only thing I saw today at Savannheat was that tourist visas require 40k baht in financials, non immigrants still have no financials needed as confirmed with my application today.

Good to know on the doubled financial requirements than before. Thanks.

That may be an issue for some now hoping to hit Savana for an SETV.

2 hours ago, PattayaKevin said:

Only thing I saw today at Savannheat was that tourist visas require 40k baht in financials, non immigrants still have no financials needed as confirmed with my application today.

40K Baht for a "family" - right?  It is generally 20K Baht for an individual, but if they have changed the rules, good to know for others.

3 hours ago, PattayaKevin said:

I will double check when I pick my Visa up tomorrow whether it's family or individual.

List all the docs you needed/submitted and grab a pcture of any notice if got one up as interesting see what exact up to date requirements are ...

20k per person or 40k per family. I'm not sure on other requirements for tourist visa because I got a multiple entry O Visa. For the O Visa I had my original marriage certificate which they looked at, they took the following documents copy of the marriage certificate, copy of wife's passport, copy of wife's id with her name changed, name change certificate, application form, copy of my passport, 5000 baht, and 2 pictures. No financial documents for the non O.

I'll chime in with my last experience in Savannakhet.  I got a verbal warning as I was submitting the application.  He looked at my passport.  This is what I had in the passport:

1 SETV from HCMC

2 SETV from Vientiane

0 SETV from Savannakhet

He asked me what I'm doing in Thailand (I said self-study), he sneered, then told me "I giving you visa this time but not coming back here again!"

So probably I should have told him that I'm doing lots of tourism and spending lots of money on tourist things.  Maybe that's why he didn't like me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, asdfrules said:

I'll chime in with my last experience in Savannakhet.  I got a verbal warning as I was submitting the application.  He looked at my passport.  This is what I had in the passport:

1 SETV from HCMC

2 SETV from Vientiane

0 SETV from Savannakhet

He asked me what I'm doing in Thailand (I said self-study), he sneered, then told me "I giving you visa this time but not coming back here again!"

So probably I should have told him that I'm doing lots of tourism and spending lots of money on tourist things.  Maybe that's why he didn't like me.

a combo of only 9 months as well which was a triple TV back in the day with NO questions asked at airports or subsequent consulate applications.

Looks like people will have friction at surrounding consulates from 9 months-15 months even on a new passport doing the BTB TV method.

(Guessing) BJ must be on their back hard after looking at the highest TV issue offices.

I also expect the ME marriage visa to tighten up there in near future either by financial requirements or an upper limit on how many are issued if the person is doing B2Back with them with no offshore employment gaps away from LoS.

Edited by freedomnow

15 hours ago, asdfrules said:

Was that the quite young desk guy ? I don't really think it matters what you say when they make up their mind, like IOs they are not going to believe anything you say.

• Like 1