BANGKOK 23 March 2019 01:20
Dania2019

New Visa rules and Thai income

For the millionth time.....They are not trying to good and are misguided and just need help to understand the situation better.....Nope....All the visa changes are exactly as they want them......The sooner this sinks in the better.....

New Visa Rules.

A retirement visa requires you to deposit 65,000 Baht monthly into a Thai bank account. You may spend down that total amount each month but you must be able to show that a deposit is made each month for the 12-month period leading up to the time you apply for your yearly Thai retirement visa renewal. 
Or you can make a non-interest bearing 800,000 Baht ($25,000 U.S.)deposit if you reside here alone or 400,000 Baht for those married to a Thai citizen. Three months prior to renewal, the full amount of 800,000 must clearly be on deposit in a bank and you must present the bank document to immigration for your visa renewal. This means that you will not be required to show that you have retirement income of 65,000 Baht each month. 
Assuming there are 500,000 foreign retirees here, then they will be lending the country $12.5 billion each year, interest free, and Thai banks will lend this money out for interest income or profit. Nice work, Thailand!

I got this in my email . Is it a new rule that the 800K should be in a savings account and not in a fixed deposit account like 6 to 9 months Etc

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Ravi98008 said:

New Visa Rules.

A retirement visa requires you to deposit 65,000 Baht monthly into a Thai bank account. You may spend down that total amount each month but you must be able to show that a deposit is made each month for the 12-month period leading up to the time you apply for your yearly Thai retirement visa renewal. 
Or you can make a non-interest bearing 800,000 Baht ($25,000 U.S.)deposit if you reside here alone or 400,000 Baht for those married to a Thai citizen. Three months prior to renewal, the full amount of 800,000 must clearly be on deposit in a bank and you must present the bank document to immigration for your visa renewal. This means that you will not be required to show that you have retirement income of 65,000 Baht each month. 
Assuming there are 500,000 foreign retirees here, then they will be lending the country $12.5 billion each year, interest free, and Thai banks will lend this money out for interest income or profit. Nice work, Thailand!

I got this in my email . Is it a new rule that the 800K should be in a savings account and not in a fixed deposit account like 6 to 9 months Etc

"I got this email".... From who??

• Like 1

Post removed.

18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile page.

I tried but my post was removed by the Moderator of the forum.  It was a 60 plus California PhD professor now retired and living in CM since a long long time. Hope I am not breaking the forum rules this time. 

If I did then please remove my post again and I will stand corrected

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

Even a Savings account returns a 0.5% interest rate.

The only non interest account I know, is when I deposit it in the wife's account.  😉

No return of any kind in my case, interest or capital 😁

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

No return of any kind in my case, interest or capital 😁

Thai bank?

14 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Thai bank?

wife 

• Haha 2