800.000 - Can it be in a fixed deposit account?

terteryan

Hello everybody,

does anybody know if 800.000 amount should be deposited in a bank savings account only or can be placed also in a fixed deposit account?

If this amount can be deposited only in a savings account then Thai banks will be happy to get free billions of baths... 

Yes, I hope so,  as I am about to put my 800K into a fixed interest account from my savings account.  As I understand it, as long as it is 'instant access' ( losing interest in the process of course) then that will be  acceptable to Immigration. 

24 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Yes, I hope so,  as I am about to put my 800K into a fixed interest account from my savings account.  As I understand it, as long as it is 'instant access' ( losing interest in the process of course) then that will be  acceptable to Immigration. 

most fixed deposit accounts have a penalty for early withdrawl (stop w the jokes, its a  holiday ????... ) .... and the period I imagine depends on account/bank/maybe even customer?

But if the plan is only to touch it in emergency then less of an issue, just be awware of timeframe and potential loss.

Archived