Can I extend a non-B visa for 60 days based on marriage or a child?

I posted before about extending a non-O visa based on marriage (without a work permit) but I just realized I was wrong. My visa is a non-B visa. I'm going to immigration tomorrow so this is pretty urgent. Is it possible to extend this non-B visa based on marriage, or any other way to extend it? I don't have a work permit, just a non-B visa that's expiring tomorrow and a wife and baby at home. Anything I can do aside from doing a border run? Thanks!

14 minutes ago, guru said:

Yes take your wife with her ID card to immigration with your passport and marriage cert. 1900 bt I think i paid and got 60 days extension on basis of marriage

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

That's really really good to hear. Thank you!!!

2 minutes ago, elviajero said:

They should give you a 60 day extension to visit your wife regardless of the category of Non Immigrant visa you have.

Awesome, thanks! And just to confirm, this 60 days extension isn't subject to the 40,000/mth or 400,000/bank baht financial requirements like the marriage visa, right? It's gonna take some time to sort the financial stuff out.

1 minute ago, jakow said:

Awesome, thanks! And just to confirm, this 60 days extension isn't subject to the 40,000/mth or 400,000/bank baht financial requirements like the marriage visa, right? It's gonna take some time to sort the financial stuff out.

No financial proof is required for the 60-day extension which is available one time per initial entry into Thailand with a visa, or a visa exempt entry.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jakow said:

Correct. No financials are required.

Alright well I’m at the immigration office now and first they said I need my landlord’s tabien ban and ID card, and then they said the rules have changed and they don’t give 60 day extensions for non-B visas anymore. I have no idea if what they’re saying is true or if they just have no idea what they’re talking about.

12 minutes ago, jakow said:

Alright well I’m at the immigration office now and first they said I need my landlord’s tabien ban and ID card, and then they said the rules have changed and they don’t give 60 day extensions for non-B visas anymore. I have no idea if what they’re saying is true or if they just have no idea what they’re talking about.

Which office?

That is not correct. The 60 day extension can applied for with any type of entry.

No visa type is mentioned on this page on the immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_24

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Which office?

That is not correct. The 60 day extension can applied for with any type of entry.

No visa type is mentioned on this page on the immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_24

Thanks ubonjoe. That link is really helpful. At least I have something to show them. This is Trat immigration (Khlong Yai). Trat immigration is notorious for not knowing what the hell they’re talking about. 

1 hour ago, jakow said:

Thanks ubonjoe. That link is really helpful. At least I have something to show them. This is Trat immigration (Khlong Yai). Trat immigration is notorious for not knowing what the hell they’re talking about. 

That is almost certainly the problem!

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Which office?

ubonjoe, the immigration office maintained that I cannot extend a non-B visa for 60 days based on marriage. Afterwards we called the Bangkok immigration office (Chaengwattana) and spoke to a lady. She said the same thing. She said we can extend a non-O visa for 60 days based on marriage or a child, but non-B cannot. I’m not sure if there’s some confusion and they think we’re asking for something different?

10 minutes ago, jakow said:

ubonjoe, the immigration office maintained that I cannot extend a non-B visa for 60 days based on marriage. Afterwards we called the Bangkok immigration office (Chaengwattana) and spoke to a lady. She said the same thing. She said we can extend a non-O visa for 60 days based on marriage or a child, but non-B cannot. I’m not sure if there’s some confusion and they think we’re asking for something different?

Not sure who the they talked to at immigration in Bangkok. But they were also wrong.

No sure what they could be thinking of other than a one year extension and that can be applied for with a non-b visa as well.

The extension can be applied for with visa exempt entry or any type of visa entry. That is why the rules do not mention a visa category.

Not sure what you can do now.

I extended for 60 days based on marriage after non imm B finished at Chaengwattana

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2019 at 4:11 PM, guru said:

I extended for 60 days based on marriage after non imm B finished at Chaengwattana

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Guru and Mods,

I am about to do this extension tomorrow, have all the paperwork ready and wife will come with me, too.

Quick question: is it possible to get new work permit/new extension of stay during this period or will I have to fly over to Penang with supporting documents from new employer in about a month's time to obtain a new non b? (They couldn't meet the critical timing of changing employer unfortunately)

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Poppadom said:

Quick question: is it possible to get new work permit/new extension of stay during this period or will I have to fly over to Penang with supporting documents from new employer in about a month's time to obtain a new non b? (They couldn't meet the critical timing of changing employer unfortunately)

If you were to keep on working during the 60 day extension it should be possible to change to a different employer. 

If you have to go out for a new visa I suggest you get single entry non-o visa based upon marriage and then apply for an extension based upon marriage. You can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai. You can use income from working to meet the 40k baht income requirement for the extension.

That extension would not end when you job ends. 

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you were to keep on working during the 60 day extension it should be possible to change to a different employer. 

If you have to go out for a new visa I suggest you get single entry non-o visa based upon marriage and then apply for an extension based upon marriage. You can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai. You can use income from working to meet the 40k baht income requirement for the extension.

That extension would not end when you job ends. 

My former employer will cancel wp on Friday, I've got the termination letter from them as well as the Thai form immigration gave me. Will have immigration post date the cancellation of extension of stay by Friday's date and do the 60 day extension based on family visit.

Have already done Thai forensic police fingerprint scanning and as soon as I give the wp cancellation receipt to new employer, they can reach out to local employment office for wp3 receipt, correct?

My question is if new wp can be issued (along with new extension of stay) during this 60 days without having to leave Thailand.

Re marriage visa, you're right, but previous employer was stupid enough not to be able (or not wanting to) do work permit on the back of that so upon expiration of my ME Non-O, I went for Non-B. Moreover, I don't hold too much money in my Thai account, shoot over to wife on payday immediately ???? Or top up from SG account if needed. May just move over 400k and transfer from Non B to Non O after the 3 month deposit period.

Edited by Poppadom
To correct a mistake

3 minutes ago, Poppadom said:

My question is if new wp can be issued (along with new extension of stay) during this 60 days without having to leave Thailand.

It may be possible but it will depend upon the immigration office you apply at.

You would not need 400k baht in the bank for 2 months (it is not 3 months) if you could prove a income of 40k baht or more by showing 2 or 3 months of tax payment receipts.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It may be possible but it will depend upon the immigration office you apply at.

You would not need 400k baht in the bank for 2 months (it is not 3 months) if you could prove a income of 40k baht or more by showing 2 or 3 months of tax payment receipts.

Ok, thank very much for the valuable info. Hope it can be sorted out in Phuket.

If not, I'll go to Savannakhet and apply for a single entry 1yr Non-O, based on which wp can be issued to me. Can you confirm proof of funds in Thai bank is still not a requirement?

And before I'd need the extension in about a year's time I will have the 400k transferred over or just show a couple of months' tax payment receipts. But this I wouldn't have to do before extension is due, right?

Many thanks again!

8 minutes ago, Poppadom said:

Can you confirm proof of funds in Thai bank is still not a requirement?

Not needed in Savannakhet.

8 minutes ago, Poppadom said:

And before I'd need the extension in about a year's time I will have the 400k transferred over or just show a couple of months' tax payment receipts. But this I wouldn't have to do before extension is due, right?

The 400k baht would need to be in the bank. No need for money in the bank if your income is equal to or greater than 40k baht.