early registration renewal for motorbike

likerdup1

Anybody know if it is possible tor renew the registration on my bike early. I am leaving country before it expires and wont return until after. Would rather take care of it now... same for my drivers license. I want to renew it early too as my 5 years is up in August. Anybody try that before? Is it allowed? what's needed?

thanks, likerdup

Both driving license as well as tax/insurance can be renewed up to three months in advance.

How old is the bike (does it need to be inspected)?

Inspection/tax/insurance can be done by any person showing the vehicle registration ("green") book. So if you have a friend he/she could do it for you.

Penalties for late registration are laughable.

So if the vehicle isn't being driven (locked away) during your absence you could do it later.

Driving license can be renewed up to one year after expiry without extra effort.

Only question that arises: will you leave/come back on a re-entry permit (one year extension) or Non-O visa?

If returning with tourist visa or 30 day exempt you might only get another temporary (2 yr) license. So in this case better renew early.

Personal appearance required of course.

I am actually moving to Bangkok but am not sure for how long ... The Drivers license is a 5 year license that is expiring in August. I was thinking since i got the original in Chonburi I should renew in Chonburi DLT.

Good news I can renew the bike reg 3 months early. If I move to BKK I don't want to hassle with changing the plates etc.. because I might just move back to Pattaya anyway.

Better question is: How difficult is it to renew a drivers/motorbike license in BKK if you originally got it in Chonburi? I have a 5 year license that expires in August 2019

Can I renew a chonburi plate in Bangkok? Or do I need to do it in Chonburi...?

thanks all for your help so far.

My plans changed, I thought I was moving out of country, just now I'm moving out of the province... LOL!!

On 2/19/2019 at 2:28 PM, likerdup1 said:

I am actually moving to Bangkok but am not sure for how long ... The Drivers license is a 5 year license that is expiring in August. I was thinking since i got the original in Chonburi I should renew in Chonburi DLT.

Good news I can renew the bike reg 3 months early. If I move to BKK I don't want to hassle with changing the plates etc.. because I might just move back to Pattaya anyway.

Better question is: How difficult is it to renew a drivers/motorbike license in BKK if you originally got it in Chonburi? I have a 5 year license that expires in August 2019

Can I renew a chonburi plate in Bangkok? Or do I need to do it in Chonburi...?

thanks all for your help so far.

My plans changed, I thought I was moving out of country, just now I'm moving out of the province... LOL!!

My bike is registered in Chonburi, but I just renewed the rego in BKK, no problem. You don't have to change plates.

Archived