Will a Bangkok Bank ATM card work in the UK?

• 1 month later...

Today at Bangkok Bank I changed my Bangkok Bank UnionPay ATM/debit card for a Bangkok Bank Mastercard ATM/debit card. I was charged 100 baht for this.

They assured me the new Mastercard card would work in the UK. But the new card still has a 6-digit PIN number so I'm not sure about that.

I guess I won't know until I try it in the UK.

22 hours ago, AbeSurd said:

Today at Bangkok Bank I changed my Bangkok Bank UnionPay ATM/debit card for a Bangkok Bank Mastercard ATM/debit card. I was charged 100 baht for this.

They assured me the new Mastercard card would work in the UK. But the new card still has a 6-digit PIN number so I'm not sure about that.

I guess I won't know until I try it in the UK.

By reading the question , I wasinterested as 1 of my KK cards is now also a 6 digits one , I put the question to the e-desk of my E.U. bank:  

The answer in Copy paste & google translate to English.( further question about my KK limit s handled by European ATM's could not be answered , maybe asking Atos worldline )

"Best 
In principle, the Atos Worldline / Maestro network detects when reading the chip that the card works with a pin code of six characters.
You will therefore be able to enter the 6-character code.

Regarding the limits of your card, we cannot answer you.
The device (cash machine or device at a retailer that always reads the chip) checks the maximum amounts that have been agreed between your bank and Atos Worldline / Maestro."

Archived