UK visitor visa sponsor documents

The last time I did a UK visit visa was back in 2012. Since then, the documentation requirements have changed. With respect to sponsor documentation, the guidance on supporting documents now states clearly that 

Section 4: documents you should not send unless specifically requested 

sponsor’s utility bills
sponsor’s council tax bills

However, on the sponsorship undertaking form SU07/12, Note 1 also states that the sponsor should supply utility and council tax bills

Note 1: The sponsor should provide evidence that he/she lives at the address given above. This evidence should
include one or more documents from the list below. Please note that applicants must also provide  evidence of
their sponsor's ability to maintain and accommodate them without recourse to public funds. 

• Certified copy of deeds of sponsor's house
• Letter from building society/bank confirming they hold a mortgage for the sponsor
• Housing association/council rent book or other council letter confirming address of sponsor
• Bill from a utility company (gas, water etc.)
• Local authority letter (council tax)
• Letter from any government department 

I presume the specific requirement in the sponsor undertaking overrides the guidance in section 4 of the supporting documents guidance? Can anyone with recent experience shed any light on this?

The last time I did a UK visit visa was back in 2012. Since then, the documentation requirements have changed. With respect to sponsor documentation, the guidance on supporting documents now states clearly that 

sponsor’s utility bills

However, on the sponsorship undertaking form SU07/12, Note 1 also states that the sponsor should supply utility and council tax bills

Note 1: The sponsor should provide evidence that he/she lives at the address given above. This evidence should
include one or more documents from the list below. Please note that applicants must also provide  evidence of
their sponsor's ability to maintain and accommodate them without recourse to public funds. 

• Letter from building society/bank confirming they hold a mortgage for the sponsor
• Housing association/council rent book or other council letter confirming address of sponsor

I presume the specific requirement in the sponsor undertaking overrides the guidance in section 4 of the supporting documents guidance? Can anyone with recent experience shed any light on this?

Did my wife's application last Friday, did one last year as well, both times I gave 6 months bank statements, and a letter to guarantee all her expenses to be covered by myself.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Did my wife's application last Friday, did one last year as well, both times I gave 6 months bank statements, and a letter to guarantee all her expenses to be covered by myself.

3 minutes ago, revelstone said:

sponsor’s utility bills

SU07/12 is not required for a visit visa.

2 minutes ago, LucysDad said:

SU07/12 is not required

The current visit guidance version 7.0 on gov.uk, the section " Visit: recording requirements and other procedures for visitor cases" states the following

UKVI: sponsor undertakings on maintenance and accommodation 

You should complete the certification on the sponsorship undertaking form, keep a
copy on file and send the original sponsorship undertaking to the Department for
Work and Pensions (DWP). Please refer to local address list for details of where to
send to.

The "sponsorship undertaking form" is a link to form SU07/12, which would imply that it is in fact required. 

12 minutes ago, revelstone said:

The current visit guidance version 7.0 on gov.uk, the section " Visit: recording requirements and other procedures for visitor cases" states the following

UKVI: sponsor undertakings on maintenance and accommodation 

You should complete the certification on the sponsorship undertaking form, keep a
copy on file and send the original sponsorship undertaking to the Department for
Work and Pensions (DWP). Please refer to local address list for details of where to
send to.

The "sponsorship undertaking form" is a link to form SU07/12, which would imply that it is in fact required. 

Well I didn't submit one with the last 7 applications, nor the one now going in.

3 minutes ago, LucysDad said:

Well I didn't submit one with the last 7 applications, nor the one now going in.

Thanks, good to know. What evidence did you supply to show that you have right to the accommodation that will be supplied by you as the sponsor?

2 minutes ago, revelstone said:

Thanks, good to know. What evidence did you supply to show that you have right to the accommodation that will be supplied by you as the sponsor?

I didn't.

I said we were on a 2 month holiday traveling around and showed 25k in the bank.

On other visits we have stayed with my ex-wife; no evidence of ownership/right required.

1 minute ago, LucysDad said:

I didn't.

I said we were on a 2 month holiday traveling around and showed 25k in the bank.

Ah, right...those are slightly different circumstances to my own. We're not travelling around and instead staying at my place in London. 

3 minutes ago, revelstone said:

Ah, right...those are slightly different circumstances to my own. We're not travelling around and instead staying at my place in London. 

My ex-wifes house remains in joint names......... but I have never supplied evidence of that; I think in my sponsor letter I just referred to my house in XXX.

For a longer stay in one location, say 3-6 months, I would probably include a print (streetview picture) of the house.

Thanks [mention=248935]rasg[/mention]. However, see the following link which says it applies to visits as well: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sponsor-a-visa-applicant-form-su07

Just found that form, never seen it before, looks like it doesn't apply to tourist standard visa, more like settlement. As I said never used it last year, nor last week's application.

Ps

My wife stayed for 2 months at my address and this time will be staying for 4 months (if visa is issued). 

Never seen that form before and did not fill one out about 7 months ago when we sponsored my MIL to come and stay for 5 1/2 months to catch up with our children.

Unfortunate wording it does say for visits but reading the form it appears to be for settlement and indefinite leave to remain.

Included the following documents with our application.

Sponsorship letter

Mortgage statement as proof of accommodation

payslips 3 from the last 6 months (paid monthly)

Corroborating bank statements

Think we also included a couple of utility bills, but not sure.

Assume you're talking visit visa? If so, I've just done 2nd successful visit visa for my Thai gf. I also have not seen that SU07 form before. I also didn't supply any utility bills, they wern't requested so not sure where you are getting that info from. 

I included - sponsor letter, proof of income, 3 months bank statements, title deeds, employment contract, copy of my passport, my work permit from Thailand,  and in / out visa stamps into Thailand, photos & messages (yes I know they're controversial but I still include them). That's what I've done for the last 2 years and both no problem. 

The SU07 isn't required for Standard Visit Visas, though I agree that the insructions are confusing, but the form does make clear that the undertaking is for those that are given limited leave to remain, this wouldn't normally be the case for a standard visit.

Such an undertaking is unenforcable in law, rather like the sponsor who seeks to tell UKVI decision makers that they will guarantee that the applicant will return home at the conclusion of the visit.

• 1 month later...

Never even seen one, wife's tourist visa for UK granted last month.

https://www.migrate.org.uk/sponsorship-undertaking-su07-form/

Just applying for a visitor visa for my wife and came across this thread. Looks like the current advice is do NOT submit an SU07 form....

Archived