Pre_School Nursery Recommendations

There are lots of possibilities. Might help with recommendations if you unveil in what area you live, and if you have a budget.

Like @Tropicalevo said, a number of the five international schools on Samui have kindergarten classes – K1 to K3, where K3 equals internationally Year 1, but also fairly high rates.

There are also nurseries for (normally) up to 3 years of age, which can be both good and affordable.

Can your child speak Thai? 

My son went to Sermsook opposite the university. 

They have nursery and preschool. 

Now he goes to English program at wat Sawangarrom School. 

It's fraction of the cost of the international schools, but my son is Thai. 

9 hours ago, khunPer said:

There are lots of possibilities. Might help with recommendations if you unveil in what area you live, and if you have a budget.

7 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Can your child speak Thai? 

Thank you both for your contributions. We live in the North of the island. We are looking for an English and Thai balanced school/nursery but preferably more English based. Also it should be somewhere that is educational rather than just 'child care'.

39 minutes ago, SamuiGeezer said:

Thank you both for your contributions. We live in the North of the island. We are looking for an English and Thai balanced school/nursery but preferably more English based. Also it should be somewhere that is educational rather than just 'child care'.

Go take a look at Sermsook, school uniforms, classrooms, lots of books, definitely not child care. 

I think I paid 2000 baht per month. 

The English program my son goes to now costs 50.000 per year. 

ISS charges 350.000 per year for the same. 

Yes, Oonrak is a possibility, as @Tropicalevo says, they have bilingual (English Program) kindergarten from K1 to K3, and school bus also. I've been using Oonrak for my half-Thai daughter, and bilingual line for P1 to P6, and still use the International line now. They also provide an Internation Year 1 (which levels K3).

K1 to K3 is about 60k baht per term, two terms per year, so about 120k baht a year plus registration, uniform, eventually school bus etc. There is a 5% discount for full year prepayment.

Year 1 (International) is about 60k baht per term, three terms per year, so around 180k baht a year plus the extras.

Before K1 we used a really nice nursery, Tonkra Nursery (Google map link here), with among other tuition of both Thai and English letters and numbers. The price was very affordable compared to Oonrak – I think we paid a few thousand baht a month, so might now be around five thousand baht a month – and excellent kind staff. But there are several nurseries on the northern part of the island, and others might be equal good; it might mainly be a question of finding one in the vicinity to avoid long transportation.

????

Archived