4 months for green book and license plate?

MatteoBassini

The delay is most likely because the dealer is sitting in the paper work waiting for a convenient time for them to goto the DLT with a big batch + I hear that there is some Tax shenanigans
which can encourage slow registration.....it should/is possible to go directly to your local DLT and get it done in 1 day.

9 hours ago, MatteoBassini said:

it has been more than 2 months now and my green book hasn't arrived. The road tax sticker also has not arrived.

Is this normal?

Not normal but could happen with a lousy dealer, as said carry purchase documents and you should of been given your CTPL insurance slip..

purchased my car November , just got the white number plate but then the dealer did  say he would register it for me in 2019 to get more  money on re  sale. Drove round with no tax  until now............I observed  the couldnt give a  flying fart mentality when out.

Threw the red  bookforwriting where im going  in the  back as  well, never once filled it in, load of old tripe....seriously what a waste of time

Obviously this was just the usual hot air again.............

Newly-bought vehicles that carry temporary red license plates will be banned from streets starting in June if a draft law is enacted, the Land Transport Department chief said on Monday.

Sanit Promwong, director general of the Land Transport Department, said a draft law to implement the ban was being reviewed by the Office of the Council of State and would be debated at public hearings as required by Article 77 of the new Constitution.

He said the law was expected to be enacted in June, after which all new vehicles must have been registered to have license plates before they can be driven.

Currently, new vehicles can be driven for up to 30 days with temporary plates, while the permanent ones are being registered.

13 hours ago, yuiop said:

no, but it is possible, it happened to me. I wouldn't worry that much.

Anyway, your title is misleading, why are you saying 4 months?

Got the numbers mixed up, I was thinking of something else at the time of writing - I sent my bike to the dealer to have it fixed and they told me it will take 4 months because of the "long queue", lol. Sent my bike to Rayong instead where they told me 2 weeks.

Archived